Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 24, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #17 of 75,472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these work? From the looks of them they don't 'plug' into your ear canal but just rest on top of it? No seal there, is the music ok?

Made my day.
beerchug.gif

Just think of Apple iBuds..

My new MX760 (per kjk1281's advice, and several others) are very, very nice. Full, but balanced sound, great soundstage. The cable is a bummer though. Short one's too short, long one's too long....same problem with my SE530s...don't these earphone makers have any idea?... Although I'm getting used to it now....

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #18 of 75,472
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can send it to ClieoS
tongue.gif

x2. Send one to him so he can add it to the list!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

x3
beerchug.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these work? From the looks of them they don't 'plug' into your ear canal but just rest on top of it? No seal there, is the music ok?

Someone help me! My sarcasm meter is broken today!
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new MX760 (per kjk1281's advice, and several others) are very, very nice. Full, but balanced sound, great soundstage. The cable is a bummer though. Short one's too short, long one's too long....same problem with my SE530s...don't these earphone makers have any idea?... Although I'm getting used to it now....

Glad you're liking them.
biggrin.gif

I agree with the cable, but just like you, I too am becoming accustomed to it. Sennheiser really needs to make a standard long-cable version.

Aug 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #19 of 75,472
I think you should consider adding AKG K314P to your list of good earbuds, it deserves its place there.

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #20 of 75,472
Quote:

IIRC, I bought my HV600 back in 1999, then it was boxed up and went to the storage room around 2001 for a good 5~6 yrs (I went oversea during those time) before I dug it up just yrs ago.

Ah, sorry about that. You would have been 12 years old if you bought it in 1991.
redface.gif

But 10 years (even with 5 in storage) is still pretty good, so my point stands.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by lz1gjd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should consider adding AKG K314P to your list of good earbuds, it deserves its place there.

I'm pretty sure the list is only for earbuds that are in ClieOS' current collection. Since he doesn't own the K314P, he can't rank it.

Of course, if you want him to review it:
Quote:

you can send it to ClieoS
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #23 of 75,472
Quote:

ClieOS, we are waiting
biggrin.gif

For what? I am not going to rewrite in a more detail manner. I am getting too lazy these days
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #25 of 75,472
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so are you saying the mx760 is better than the pk3?

I am. Through not as lively, MX760 sounds more faithful and less harsh than PK3. One thing about the top class vs. the rest is that they give me more of big can feel - that is, I am less noticeble to the fact that I am listening to earbud, if you know what I mean.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #26 of 75,472
hmm well i just ordered a pair last night, is it wrong that seeing americans in a huff about senn not selling it there any more made me want to order a set?

seems vastly cheap to be getting top rating in your buds comparison though, like from reputable sellers in the uk for under £20 seems odd it should be in the same grouping as the pk1

grrrr amazon and their 1 to 3 month delivery thing, so picked black at £22.40 to get them quicker

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #28 of 75,472
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS, ever give a listen to a pair of OK1?

Not yet. Almost wanted to get a pair last year, but it was out of stock on the local store and I ended up blowing my budget in something else. Since I am using earbud lesser and lesser, I question myself whether I really need another pair of high-end earbud
redface.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #29 of 75,472
I kind of see it as if I want isolation or not or sometimes if I want something shoved in my ears or not. It tends to be situational. I whittled my inventory down to just one for simplicity and ended up with the OK1. However, I recently ordered the Triple.Fi just to have an IEM to use when I want one. I tell you what. If you want to try out the OK1 and give it a thorough review, I'll send mine your way once my Triple.Fi shows up. Take your time and give it a good shake down. When you've had adequate time, toss them back to me. It'll give me some quality time alone with the Triple.Fis as I break then in and get used to them. I'd really like a solid review of these other then myself and my own bias by someone who's heard a wide array of hardware and that can give a decently unbiased interpretation.

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #30 of 75,472
Quote:

I am. Through not as lively, MX760 sounds more faithful and less harsh than PK3. One thing about the top class vs. the rest is that they give me more of big can feel - that is, I am less noticeble to the fact that I am listening to earbud, if you know what I mean.

hmm they arrived the other day and i know they were cheap but are you sure they belong in the top tier of buds?

i assume the pk1 must be on a different planet from them then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back