Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 30, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #72,121 of 75,659
Been a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to give my thoughts on the Sivga M200 as promised. I wrote a review on it last year, and since then, some thoughts have changed, some of it not. A few notes:

1. Before measuring, I noticed channel imbalance in the bass and upper-mids. The left bud clearly had less bass and more shouty mids, to where the listening experience was strange.
  2. Speaking of the left bud, when boosting the bass with EQ, and playing at higher volumes, there is some crackling around 20-30Hz not present in the right bud.
  3. I mentioned a 5-6kHz peak, and I was correct. Though it is just too bright for me now.
  4. I thought upper treble was pretty good before. Now I think it's great. Smooth, airy, and non-fatiguing.

Not sure if I'll continue doing these earbud measurements, since the sound depends so much on the fit. But this is the closest to what I hear. It was hard to get a proper fit with stock foam, while the Heigi Full Foam was pretty comfortable, and it is what I recommend with these anyway.

So as of now, I can't recommend the M200. The imbalance and constant issues with the left bud make it a hard sell. I'm still using it as my daily driver (with EQ) but I'm on the lookout for something better.

M200 Heigi Graph.png

Oct 31, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #72,122 of 75,659
Oct 31, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #72,124 of 75,659
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #72,125 of 75,659
Oct 31, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #72,127 of 75,659
CAX Susvara
Seven Burning hours
and already a perfect pairing

So, what will happen after 200 or 300 burning hours ?
Your impressions regarding the Black Dragon?

Oct 31, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #72,128 of 75,659
Your impressions regarding the Black Dragon?
I couldn't resist and did a short listen after a few hours of burning (the burning is underway again) but my first impressions are delightful:
Immersive listening, deep bass, delicate, vibrant plucked strings, precise vocals. Nothing is superimposed, and the auditory clarity - a certain homogeneity and coherent, distinct rendering of bass, midrange and treble - that I was expecting is already there.

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #72,129 of 75,659
I couldn't resist and did a short listen after a few hours of burning (the burning is underway again) but my first impressions are delightful:
Immersive listening, deep bass, delicate, vibrant plucked strings, precise vocals. Nothing is superimposed, and the auditory clarity - a certain homogeneity and coherent, distinct rendering of bass, midrange and treble - that I was expecting is already there.
Can you perhaps compare them with the DS?

Oct 31, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #72,131 of 75,659
My next Black 🐉: Stax SR-X9000 or Abyss AB1266.

By the way, the Yinman 600 is phenomenal. I thought my DX320MAX was broken, it's just this thing is hard to drive. It sounds full and warm with fantastic note weight. The presentation is a little bit more intimate but the bass is great. There's no dips or peaks too. It also has a lot of headroom to spare, so probably I will need a powerful amp.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #72,133 of 75,659

By the way, the Yinman 600 is phenomenal. I thought my DX320MAX was broken, it's just this thing is hard to drive. It sounds full and warm with fantastic note weight. The presentation is a little bit more intimate but the bass is great. There's no dips or peaks too. It also has a lot of headroom to spare, so probably I will need a powerful amp.
I was also listening to the Yinman 600 today (Fleetwood Mac 70s soundboard). Indeed it is a jewel and takes good power to drive. One of the few items I need to flip the high gain switch on my Lotoo PAW Gold.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #72,134 of 75,659

Have you tried Amp12 with these? They start to open up a whole lot with the difference of 1W and are no longer as intimate (which I agree that they CAN be with less driving power). With the right power these can have a very big stage (believe it or not).
I was also listening to the Yinman 600 today (Fleetwood Mac 70s soundboard). Indeed it is a jewel and takes good power to drive. One of the few items I need to flip the high gain switch on my Lotoo PAW Gold.
Depending on the volume at which you listen to them, they can take up to 10W to drive them correctly, so they WILL indeed scale, the more power you are able to provide to them. :)

I think that if these were marketed better, they would be a WHOLE lot more popular than they have been (which is not to say they aren't popular, just not a "household name" type of popular).

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #72,135 of 75,659
Have you tried Amp12 with these? They start to open up a whole lot with the difference of 1W and are no longer as intimate (which I agree that they CAN be with less driving power). With the right power these can have a very big stage (believe it or not).

Depending on the volume at which you listen to them, they can take up to 10W to drive them correctly, so they WILL indeed scale, the more power you are able to provide to them. :)

I think that if these were marketed better, they would be a WHOLE lot more popular than they have been (which is not to say they aren't popular, just not a "household name" type of popular).

I know a few earbud enthusiasts who skipped out on the Yinman 600s due to the crazy driving requirements.

Some of them only use a small dongle + smartphone and went for easier to drive gear. If there were a earbud that sounded similar to the Yinman 600 without needing the wicked amplification demands, that would be the killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back