Earphones the way God intended!
Aug 2, 2007 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RickB

Headphoneus Supremus
(j/k)

Just my way of saying that I finally received my PK2's with the Y-cord that I ordered late last month (They were out of stock at the time.). Only took two days to get to me from the day they were mailed, too. Thanks, Fang.

My first impressions are that the Y-cord is a lot more comfortable. And gone is the constant tugging I would get with the J-cord PK2's. The overall cord length is a little longer, too. I'm happy with this.

As for the sound, I suck at descriptions, but I would have to say that burn-in is definitely real with these. On my old, fully burned-in pair, the treble and mids are very defined and controlled, and the bass is pretty strong. On my new pair, there's more treble, and it and the mids are stronger; the bass is pretty weak.

I'm going to be using the new pair exclusively for the next few days, so they should be burned-in in short order.

Now back to listening....
icon10.gif

Rick

Aug 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

My first impressions are that the Y-cord is a lot more comfortable.

J cords are a conspiracy to force upgrades more quickly.

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J cords are a conspiracy to force upgrades more quickly.

Really. I'm not sure what the advantage of the J-Cord is supposed to be? Less likely for the cord to get caught on something?

All I know is every time I turned my neck the bud in my right ear would be tugged on. And the microphonics (though admittedly not that bad) were worse than the Y-cord.

Rick

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't hold back now - how do you feel about J cords?
tongue.gif

Were Sony the first ones to use the J-cord? If so, then that's just another entry to add to their list of crimes.
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 9
i actually like J cords, the y cord for me is a bit annoying, you hook up the left bud to your ear, then pass the right bud behind your back in a perpendicular manner, it reduces the tug of the cord weight.

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #7 of 9
Agreed. When traveling and working out, I like the J cord since I don't have two wires dangling constantly in front of me.

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 9
If I use my nano with my armband, the J cord works great. However, I do need to clip it to my collar so it doesn't tug too much.

I find the biggest advantage is that you can take them out and let them hang from your neck and they are ready to put back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back