Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 3, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #631 of 804
Compared recently.

Tremble control and detail is bit better or Anni 23, mids are more lush on Anni too. Its has more airyness without sounding cold.

Raven got comparable resolution, but perceived resolution might be better or Anni, due to how it deals with treble, Raven can get a bit spicy in that regard too.

Stage on Anni is wide with great layering but more conventional / conservative than, the fun more 3d spherical stage on Raven due to its bcd driver. Still Raven is miles away from 3d presentation of something like Mentor or the new Mason if thats what you are looking for
The bass on Raven reaches deeper and is better textured, might overwhelm though if its not what you are used too or are looking for. Bass on Anni is fine, but there is less of it than on Raven and it might feel bit lower res and not as textured as on Raven.

With my library I prefer Anni any day over Raven, but there will certainly some usecases - especially EDM and none analog instrument music where Raven will shine and might be a better pick than Anni. Overall I felt that considering the absolute totl pricepoint, there are more exciting IEMs than Raven outthere, Raven just didnt exceed in anything for me.
I heard the Raven briefly but I found the bass a bit overwhelming indeed, and while the upper mids are considerably reigned in compared to EVO and Odin, I found them still a bit harsh sounding with certain music, i.e. rock and metal.
Thank you for all the replies. Wow it seems Anni can compete with Raven which is more expensive. Was Raven bass really loud or overwhelm the overall music presentation?

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #632 of 804
Ok sorry for not understanding your intention from the comment. Well hmmmm. Maybe my library is mostly pop songs, some acoustics here and there, and some EDM'S. Mostly vocals. I tried Anni and i love it but i am also curous with other offerings within the price range. I was told i should consider Raven if i want a bit less forward vocals and better bass. So i wonder how the sound compare from people experiences. Currently looking for IEM's in Anni's price range. Raven is more expensive and if the difference isnt that much i guess Anni should be the better choice.
Compared recently.

Tremble control and detail is bit better or Anni 23, mids are more lush on Anni too. Its has more airyness without sounding cold.

Raven got comparable resolution, but perceived resolution might be better or Anni, due to how it deals with treble, Raven can get a bit spicy in that regard too.

Stage on Anni is wide with great layering but more conventional / conservative than, the fun more 3d spherical stage on Raven due to its bcd driver. Still Raven is miles away from 3d presentation of something like Mentor or the new Mason if thats what you are looking for
The bass on Raven reaches deeper and is better textured, might overwhelm though if its not what you are used too or are looking for. Bass on Anni is fine, but there is less of it than on Raven and it might feel bit lower res and not as textured as on Raven.

With my library I prefer Anni any day over Raven, but there will certainly some usecases - especially EDM and none analog instrument music where Raven will shine and might be a better pick than Anni. Overall I felt that considering the absolute totl pricepoint, there are more exciting IEMs than Raven outthere, Raven just didnt exceed in anything for me.
I heard the Raven briefly but I found the bass a bit overwhelming indeed, and while the upper mids are considerably reigned in compared to EVO and Odin, I found them still a bit harsh sounding with certain music, i.e. rock and metal.
Thank you for all the replies. Wow it seems Anni can compete with Raven which is more expensive. Was Raven bass really loud or overwhelm the overall music presentation?
As always, this is also a question of one's own feelings, library and equipment.

The way I personally hear Anni and Raven, and that means: with my music, my perception and my equipment, I think that ...:

- Raven has a higher resolution. The sound has more texture, more (micro-)dynamic, it sounds overall more refined. Anni is more polite, in some places (like in the bottom end) there is a comparative lack of information. Anni has better (= higher resolution and more pleasant) trebles.
- Raven's bass is qualitatively and quantitatively the best I've ever heard. I find that Anni's midbass is uncontrolled and bloomy with some music, further I really miss more subbass. The bloomy thing may be because my unit did not have a burn-in. I don't perceive Raven's bass as overwhelming at all (although my music can be bass-heavy).
- Anni extends on top more. I perceive the stage as an inverted cone. It extends far up-sideways. That's quite special and really beautiful, the best part of Anni. On the other hand, Raven is quite more holographic, partly because of the better micro-dynamics, it is wider, deeper and has a better instrument separation.
- In contrast, Anni has better macro dynamics. It's more forward, fun and energetic. This is the second aspect I really loved!
- Neither with Anni nor with Raven do I have problems with harshness, upper-mids or the like. But I also don't listen to metal and rock rather rarely.

Very important: Raven is very sensitive to tips. Tips with a too large opening (e.g. AZLA) actually make Raven sound too bright and harsh. Tips with an opening that is too small and long (e.g. SpinFit, Type-E which are stock) sound too bassy and mid-recessed. Perfect tips for me for a better/perfect balance: AET07 or UM's blue stocks. Anni also needs a strong source to really shine (with the SP3000 I found the stage quite intimate and the bass even more bloomy). Raven, on the other hand, does not.

Once again: these are all impressions based on my personal feelings (see above), other Headfiers obviously have a different opinion and that's totally fine and I respect that.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #634 of 804
I also listened to Raven, I liked them, but somehow they didn't play together, especially the bass was kind of on its own.Anni sounds more cohesive in this regard, the musical picture is more complete.
I can also confirm more cohesion with Anni. However, for me this was an aspect of the sounds that I described as "polished" and therefore did not define as a positive characteristic. It is a different sense of cohesion I find with the Xe6 and Rn6, for example. Here you have a complete musical picture that is still quite dynamic and textured. Anni doesn't have that for me.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #635 of 804
Ok sorry for not understanding your intention from the comment. Well hmmmm. Maybe my library is mostly pop songs, some acoustics here and there, and some EDM'S. Mostly vocals. I tried Anni and i love it but i am also curous with other offerings within the price range. I was told i should consider Raven if i want a bit less forward vocals and better bass. So i wonder how the sound compare from people experiences. Currently looking for IEM's in Anni's price range. Raven is more expensive and if the difference isnt that much i guess Anni should be the better choice.

Anni is great for Pop & EDM, but your probably going to need to swap that stock cable, and it's source dependent. For acoustics music, I would look else where. I don't find the Anni to be a natural sounding iem.

Have you considered Fei Wan? It doesn't hit the low bass notes as well as Anni, but it's more balanced and natural sounding.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #636 of 804
Anni is great for Pop & EDM, but your probably going to need to swap that stock cable, and it's source dependent. For acoustics music, I would look else where. I don't find the Anni to be a natural sounding iem.

Have you considered Fei Wan? It doesn't hit the low bass notes as well as Anni, but it's more balanced and natural sounding.
Interesting how we all hear differently. To me the Fei Wan sounds more like a party trick, with its more V shaped tuning and accentuated treble, and the Annihilator sounds more natural to me. But the Fei Wan is a good IEM for sure, more resolving than Annihilator. I hope to add it to the collection some day.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #637 of 804
As always, this is also a question of one's own feelings, library and equipment.

The way I personally hear Anni and Raven, and that means: with my music, my perception and my equipment, I think that ...:

- Raven has a higher resolution. The sound has more texture, more (micro-)dynamic, it sounds overall more refined. Anni is more polite, in some places (like in the bottom end) there is a comparative lack of information. Anni has better (= higher resolution and more pleasant) trebles.
- Raven's bass is qualitatively and quantitatively the best I've ever heard. I find that Anni's midbass is uncontrolled and bloomy with some music, further I really miss more subbass. The bloomy thing may be because my unit did not have a burn-in. I don't perceive Raven's bass as overwhelming at all (although my music can be bass-heavy).
- Anni extends on top more. I perceive the stage as an inverted cone. It extends far up-sideways. That's quite special and really beautiful, the best part of Anni. On the other hand, Raven is quite more holographic, partly because of the better micro-dynamics, it is wider, deeper and has a better instrument separation.
- In contrast, Anni has better macro dynamics. It's more forward, fun and energetic. This is the second aspect I really loved!
- Neither with Anni nor with Raven do I have problems with harshness, upper-mids or the like. But I also don't listen to metal and rock rather rarely.

Very important: Raven is very sensitive to tips. Tips with a too large opening (e.g. AZLA) actually make Raven sound too bright and harsh. Tips with an opening that is too small and long (e.g. SpinFit, Type-E which are stock) sound too bassy and mid-recessed. Perfect tips for me for a better/perfect balance: AET07 or UM's blue stocks. Anni also needs a strong source to really shine (with the SP3000 I found the stage quite intimate and the bass even more bloomy). Raven, on the other hand, does not.

Once again: these are all impressions based on my personal feelings (see above), other Headfiers obviously have a different opinion and that's totally fine and I respect that.
Wow my experience with Anni and Sp3K is similar to yours. It was not good they dont pair well. Surprisingly DC elite sound awesome with anni. I dont plan to go into higher price range like Fei Wang. I recently purchased another gear so my budget for iems isnt that high.

Anyway regarding cable. What is the problem with the liquid link cable?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #638 of 804
Wow my experience with Anni and Sp3K is similar to yours. It was not good they dont pair well. Surprisingly DC elite sound awesome with anni. I dont plan to go into higher price range like Fei Wang. I recently purchased another gear so my budget for iems isnt that high.

My favorite pairing was the DX320Max Ti with Anni, so not surprised about the DC Elite being awesome. I also really enjoyed the PB5 with the n30le as the DAC/source too.

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #639 of 804

Anyway regarding cable. What is the problem with the liquid link cable?
My favorite pairing was the DX320Max Ti with Anni, so not surprised about the DC Elite being awesome. I also really enjoyed the PB5 with the n30le as the DAC/source too.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the DC Elite is a better match because of the signature.

I don't know exactly what the problem is with the cable.

I was also very happy with the analytical signature of the DX320Max with Anni. Still, this DAP had two big dealbreakers for me that I just couldn't get over compared to the N30: 1. the bass sounded notably quite "digital" vs analogical, 2. the mids were leaner vs fuller and more emotional. If you like, there was also a third aspect: the stage was really good (already better than the SP3000), but not N30 good, as it was at least narrower. Nevertheless, I was quite impressed by the comparable slightly higher resolution of the mids and the slightly higher resolution, quantity and extension of the trebles.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #640 of 804
I recently got my Annihilator TI 2023 and I am enjoying it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_5192.jpeg
    IMG_5192.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5209.jpeg
    IMG_5209.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.11.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.11.11 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.17.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.17.38 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #641 of 804
I just got my Anni 23 last week and I really am smitten with it . I am currently pairing it with the AK sp3000 . I can tell it is not as effiicent as my other IEM"s and I am thinking of buying the Ibasso 320max Ti because it has more power but I am not sure yet if this is what I want . I was wondering if some of you who have the Anni 23 could give me some recommendations on a good Dap or maybe an amp to pair with my sp3000 . Thanks .

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #642 of 804
I just got my Anni 23 last week and I really am smitten with it . I am currently pairing it with the AK sp3000 . I can tell it is not as effiicent as my other IEM"s and I am thinking of buying the Ibasso 320max Ti because it has more power but I am not sure yet if this is what I want . I was wondering if some of you who have the Anni 23 could give me some recommendations on a good Dap or maybe an amp to pair with my sp3000 . Thanks .
Congrats on the Annihilator. I hope you will enjoy it. I quite like the SP3000 together with the PB5. I used that combination this evening, although not with the Annihilator but a headphone. It might be an interesting option for you to consider.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #643 of 804
Congrats on the Annihilator. I hope you will enjoy it. I quite like the SP3000 together with the PB5. I used that combination this evening, although not with the Annihilator but a headphone. It might be an interesting option for you to consider.
Thanks I will keep that in mind . Could save me a ton of money over the 320max Ti .

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #644 of 804
Thanks I will keep that in mind . Could save me a ton of money over the 320max Ti .
And allow you to keep the SP3000 for use with other IEMs. I love the SP3000. The 320 MAX volume control is not great. It is much better on the PB5.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #645 of 804
And allow you to keep the SP3000 for use with other IEMs. I love the SP3000. The 320 MAX volume control is not great. It is much better on the PB5.
Yea I am definitely keeping my SP3000s , and I will definitely look into the PB5 tonight for some online reviews . I hope the amp will not change the signature too much with my IEMs .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back