email notifications not working?
Feb 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

elnero

Headphoneus Supremus
Earlier today I wasn't having any problem with email notifications to PM's (not sure about subscribed threads at this point) but all of a sudden I'm not getting them, anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 14
I can now confirm I'm not getting emails for subscribed threads either.

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 14
I had this problem with my mail account as well...apparently it was blocked by new spam blocking rules set by my provider.
On my account there was an option called 'Whitelist' that can be used to exclude certain addresses from this spam check.
Putting jude@head-fi.org on there fixed the issue for me. Perhaps you should search for a similar option with your mail account.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 14
I'm using hotmail and already have the domains safe listed so I don't think that's the problem. I tried switching to another account but no luck.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 14
Or you could just check Head-fi on a continual basis like 90% of the members here..
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 14
Would someone be kind enough to respond to this thread so I can check if it's working on a non-Hotmail account? Thanks!

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would someone be kind enough to respond to this thread so I can check if it's working on a non-Hotmail account? Thanks!

testing 1,2,3...

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #8 of 14
Thanks! It seems like it's something on Head-Fi's end because I didn't get any notification for that message using a 3rd email and one that isn't Hotmail.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 14
I don't know of any outstanding issues or system changes on this end that would affect this, and it's working fine for me. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem as elnero (and if it kicked in at the same time his problem did), please respond in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Jude

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know of any outstanding issues or system changes on this end that would affect this, and it's working fine for me. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem as elnero (and if it kicked in at the same time his problem did), please respond in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Jude

Thanks for the reply Jude. It appears from the lack of response that I'm the only one with this problem, outside of doing what I've already done by setting my email to different accounts without any results is there anything else I can try that might fix this?

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #11 of 14
Apparently I made a mistake, when I switch to a regular POP3 email account I get notifications for both PM's and subscribed threads but when I switch back to Hotmail I don't get anything. It seems like Hotmail is blocking them before they even get to me because I have both @head-fi.org and jude@head-fi.org in my safe list and nothing going to my junk mail.

As an aside I did notice over about the past week Hotmail kept blocking content of the emails regardless of what I set. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #12 of 14
Well I just got one subscribed thread notification on my Hotmail account so hopefully whatever bug it was is worked out now.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #13 of 14
As I mentioned everything seems to be back to working as it should but here's some weirdness, I got an email notification on my non-Hotmail on Saturday for ethebull's post from 2 days before on. I only switched to that account to test so the email was lost in internet limbo for two days. :p

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #14 of 14
The email notifications for PMs arent working for me either. Im using Hotmail too. They just one day stopped coming.
confused.gif

*edit* They are working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back