Enleum Amp 23r vs. Woo Audio WA33 vs. Pathos InPol EAR
Nov 26, 2022 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OnlySoMany

500+ Head-Fier
Enleum Amp 23r vs. Woo Audio WA33 (standard) vs. Pathos InPol EAR

Hey all. Looking for some input on what amp to get for my next setup. Currently using:

Chord Dave
BLU MKII
Niimbus US4+
Cardas Clear XLR
WAVE Reference Dual BNC
Naim NDX2 w/ WAVE Reference > BLU
Audioquest Diamond Ethernet Cable

Looking to enhance the amp section of this build, but not sure what to get. There seems to be a very good selection of new and used gear in the $4k-8K range, and all of these fall in that range.

Headphones that will be used with this rig:

ZMF (Atrium, VO, VC)
Abyss Diana TC
HifiMan Susvara
Rosson RAD-0

--- all with premium cables.

One of my concerns with the Enleum is that it only offers a 6.5 connector, and is not XLR. Also looks like I would have to use RCA vs XLR interconnects, therefore necessitating more cable purchases.

I do like the smoothness of the Violectric/Lake People sound. I was previously using a GSX Mini (currently on the updates setup) and it sounds a bit ... hot/spicy.

It's been a very long time since I had a Woo Audio product (the last was a WA7).

Please note that I have zero experience with any of these amps listed, so I may say something foolish, feel free to correct me. Can anyone please offer their experience? Greatly appreciated.

I also want to note that I am open to other suggestions of high-end headphone amplifiers. These are just the ones I have ended up at on my search.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 3
I also want to note that I am open to other suggestions of high-end headphone amplifiers.
I can only speak on my experience and can't comment on any of the amps you've listed but do consider 2 separate amps. Dynamics in my experience works best with SET amps whilst my experience with planar lead me to believe they work best with solid state. I'd recommend looking at the DNA amps for your ZMF. Assuming your budget of 8k you can easily get a Starlett/Stratus and spend the remaining on the SS amp. I'm using a Starlett with my VO and Atrium and it is one of the best setup I've heard period. As a bonus the Starlett do sound good with the Rad 0 as well as d8000. I'll defer the planar recommendation to someone else.

For reference is there something you find lacking in your current set up and what are you looking to improve with the new amp?

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Looking to pair it with the Susvara. I chose to go with the Enluem, as it seemed to be a very positive choice for all that have heard the combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back