ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #3,166 of 3,210
Hey, I just got the Ether 2, loving them so far. I'm curious about what amp pairs well with them. I'm looking to get the most I can out of them, If I can at all.
Thanks

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #3,167 of 3,210
Hey, I just got the Ether 2, loving them so far. I'm curious about what amp pairs well with them. I'm looking to get the most I can out of them, If I can at all.
Thanks
I recently bought an Icon Audio HP8 MK II OTC tube amp, primarily to use with my ZMF Headphones. However, I'm also loving my Ether 2s from this. It's a British amp but it's available in the US. See its own thread for more info.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #3,168 of 3,210
I recently bought an Icon Audio HP8 MK II OTC tube amp, primarily to use with my ZMF Headphones. However, I'm also loving my Ether 2s from this. It's a British amp but it's available in the US. See its own thread for more info.
Hey thanks, I'll check it out

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #3,169 of 3,210
Thanks
I use an SPL Phonitor x with no complaints.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #3,171 of 3,210
Crazy question of the day, week.... I recently got some (Open box) Ether 2's, that I am returning as I was not happy with the condition they were in. One of my complaints was that on the right earphone, in one of the small segments. Something was protruding, see image. When I quizzed the dealer, I was advised this was part of the normal design, which struck me as very unlikely, as why only on one side? Does anyone else's Ether 2's have this?

Attachments

• 20240124_125852757_iOS.jpg
    20240124_125852757_iOS.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #3,172 of 3,210
Not on mine.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #3,173 of 3,210
Crazy question of the day, week.... I recently got some (Open box) Ether 2's, that I am returning as I was not happy with the condition they were in. One of my complaints was that on the right earphone, in one of the small segments. Something was protruding, see image. When I quizzed the dealer, I was advised this was part of the normal design, which struck me as very unlikely, as why only on one side? Does anyone else's Ether 2's have this?
Back in 2021, might be the same thing:
Since my headphones are still fresh, I don't know the ins and outs yet. When I went to put them on today, my finger got caught on something that felt weird.

On the left cup, there's something pointy protruding up, pushing on the fabric. When you press with your finger on it, it feels slightly bendable, like an electrical component on a PCB. On the right cup, there's nothing that close to the fabric.

Is this normal? Does anyone else have this? Feels as if this can wear a hole in the fabric with time if you brush with your finger against it enough... I hope I'm not "holding it wrong". :)

It's a wire. Just gently push straight down.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #3,174 of 3,210
Jan 27, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #3,176 of 3,210
Jan 27, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #3,177 of 3,210
Do You mean that there are not symmetrical and in line with other structure “lines”? I just have looked on other picks in this tread and it is normal. A lot of ppl posted picks with the same design. Just look it up.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #3,178 of 3,210
Do You mean that there are not symmetrical and in line with other structure “lines”? I just have looked on other picks in this tread and it is normal. A lot of ppl posted picks with the same design. Just look it up.
No, it’s not flat. Like somethings pushing it up. I’m confident the answer given by Rasuti above is the issue. And I can take Mr Speakers advice to not worry and gently push flush. It’s good news as I am now happy to keep them 🤟

Feb 16, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #3,180 of 3,210
Did the Ether 2 ever get a price drop with the new generation DCA headphones? Looks like it still sells for >$2k. Just curious as I'm looking into purchasing a Used pair, want to know if I should wait for a certain time of year to buy new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back