Etymotic ER-6 Replacement
Apr 29, 2017 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

malifact

500+ Head-Fier
This is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyway as I was reminiscing earlier today. The Etymotic ER-6 were my first pair of IEMs and to date I haven't found anything that is as comfortable and provides excellent isolation (even customs) for me. I could literally keep them in my ears for hours. Has anyone come across a pair of IEMs that have a similar form and shape to the ER-6. If you could let me know the sound signature as well (it doesn't have to be the same as the ER-6), I would appreciate it. Thanks.

May 4, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 2
While I haven't heard a vast range of IEMs (but have dabbled, including a custom, which was great until I lost it), I replaced my broken Ety ER-6 with the replacement Ety HF-5, and found them to be the same but better. Form factor is almost the same. Isolation is the same magic.

Similarly after breaking my HF-5, I looked around a bit, tried a couple of things, and ended up grabbing a new pair of HF-5.

I have recently picked up some ER-4 as well, and in my personal experience, the dollar/performance golden point is HF-5 (MK-5 were a noticeable step down, ER-4 were better but I'm not sure I'd pay that much for the improvement if I knew better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back