Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 1,388
I've been looking at Eufonika H5 and to me it seems like an upgraded version of Bottlehead Crack for same/less money - especially assembled. Protection circuit and a bottom metal board are welcome additions.

Eufonika makes some very nice headphone amp's for the money. The hassle is in awaiting delivery if you are placing an order
from outside of Poland. My H4 got caught up in US customs for almost 2 months through no fault of Eufonika. Finally got it. Wieslaw, the owner, is great to deal with, and very accomodating. And IMHO, my H4 is as good as anything out there for under a grand. It is truly an excellent pairing with higher impedance headphones, and works quite well with
my Sennheiser HD600, HD6XX and AKG K240 Sextett.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 1,388
I should have a H5 arrive Friday thanks to a very generous offer, so I'll post impressions once I get back home from the hospital. So far I can tell that what you can expect of Eufonika and Wieslaw is excellent and friendly service. The lead time can be weeks, but if the amp delivers like I suspect it will, it's more than worth it. For sub 400€ it seems like an incredible deal, and you get a professionally assembled amp - paying for someone to build a BHC for you is easily double the cost. Same goes for a Feliks Echo mk2 - twice the price. I'm shocked Eufonika is still so unknown in the community.

May 13, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #18 of 1,388
I should have a H5 arrive Friday thanks to a very generous offer, so I'll post impressions once I get back home from the hospital. So far I can tell that what you can expect of Eufonika and Wieslaw is excellent and friendly service. The lead time can be weeks, but if the amp delivers like I suspect it will, it's more than worth it. For sub 400€ it seems like an incredible deal, and you get a professionally assembled amp - paying for someone to build a BHC for you is easily double the cost. Same goes for a Feliks Echo mk2 - twice the price. I'm shocked Eufonika is still so unknown in the community.

I am very curious in terms of how the schematic compares to BHC. The H5 *probably* does not have stuff like C4S but it does have a protection circuit for when the tube is heating up on start. The design (H7 in this picture) seems to be more circuit board based than a semi-point-to-point hybrid like BHC.

s-l1600.jpg

May 13, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #19 of 1,388
I should have a H5 arrive Friday thanks to a very generous offer, so I'll post impressions once I get back home from the hospital. So far I can tell that what you can expect of Eufonika and Wieslaw is excellent and friendly service. The lead time can be weeks, but if the amp delivers like I suspect it will, it's more than worth it. For sub 400€ it seems like an incredible deal, and you get a professionally assembled amp - paying for someone to build a BHC for you is easily double the cost. Same goes for a Feliks Echo mk2 - twice the price. I'm shocked Eufonika is still so unknown in the community

Wieslaw does not do any advertising, so sales of his products are driven mostly by word of mouth through happy customers.

The Eufonika headphone amp's are very nicely made using excellent components. Nothing fancy, just well engineered
products. Feliks Audio makes some nice headphone amplifiers too, however, since they have established a large dealer network, the price of the products has more than tripled from what they were before dealer markups were added to their price.

Hope you enjoy your new H5! 😊

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #20 of 1,388
And, of course, don’t forget WBA!

There must be something in the water in Poland…

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #24 of 1,388
Hello,

Does anyone has any experience with Eufonika H22M ? I'm looking at this amp for my Focal Utopia headphones even though it's OTL. How these amps stand against Feliks amplifiers or bottlehead crack ? I can't find any info about this specific model..... :/

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #25 of 1,388
Hello,

Does anyone has any experience with Eufonika H22M ? I'm looking at this amp for my Focal Utopia headphones even though it's OTL. How these amps stand against Feliks amplifiers or bottlehead crack ? I can't find any info about this specific model..... :/

It's a custom model, so theoretically speaking there might be only one in existence and owned by someone outside of head-fi.org and/or doesn't have other comparable amplifiers. They are quite open to customisations so the ebay store is probably more like a portfolio with some standard choices.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #26 of 1,388
How are the rest of their models ? Custom made as well or ? I'm really intrigued by their offerings it's just there is no info at all....

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #27 of 1,388
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #28 of 1,388

Thanks a lot, please shine some light once you will have H5 at home. Any other owner inputs will be greatly appreciated

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #29 of 1,388
How are you finding the H5?
I changed my order to H22M. :)
It should be done building this week or next. May take a while to ship to Canada. I will update once I get it.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #30 of 1,388
Hello,

Wouldn't H15M be better suited? It may not look as impressive, with only two small 6S45P, but the output transformer design should work well with Utopia's low impedance/high sensitivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back