Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #796 of 810
Let me test it for you mate!

First, without EQ (see "EQ" icon above "Ain't" is OFF). This track is 24/96.
thumbnail_IMG_7852.jpg
Sure enough, from my DDC, it's indicated that 24/96 signal was sent from A6 (see 96K in red).
thumbnail_IMG_7854.jpg

Then I tried enabling PEQ.
thumbnail_IMG_7855.jpg
See EQ icon now is ON.
thumbnail_IMG_7856.jpg
However, from my DDC and DAC, the signal is still 24/96 (unaffected).
thumbnail_IMG_7857.jpg
(48*2X = 96)
thumbnail_IMG_7858.jpg

So hope this helps.
Excellent!! Thanks for confirming PEQ does not effect the sample rate.

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #797 of 810
After reading a lot about this unit, I decided to give one a try. Short story - it's going back.

Maybe my unit was off (it did smell like dead fish when I opened it) but it sounded very thin and lacking dynamics. My Topping E50 DAC sounded considerably better. Also, the DMP-A6 DAC had lower RCA output than the Topping even though I made sure that volume was set to max (off) and there was no EQ turned on. It was quite strange. It hasn't been my experience that DACs sound drastically different these days, but this one certainly did and not in a good way.

Apr 27, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #798 of 810
After reading a lot about this unit, I decided to give one a try. Short story - it's going back.

Maybe my unit was off (it did smell like dead fish when I opened it) but it sounded very thin and lacking dynamics. My Topping E50 DAC sounded considerably better. Also, the DMP-A6 DAC had lower RCA output than the Topping even though I made sure that volume was set to max (off) and there was no EQ turned on. It was quite strange. It hasn't been my experience that DACs sound drastically different these days, but this one certainly did and not in a good way.
The DAC section is not the reason why the A6 became popular. It sold so well because of the streamer quality and user interface. Easy to use and convenient menu layout, all streamer services flawlessly integrated and so on. The streamer part is so good that it beats standalone streamers for twice the price. Sure, there is a DAC section in the A6 too, but that is mediocre indeed. Many buyers hook up the A6 with 1K-4K external DACs and enjoy their savings on a multi thousand-dollar standalone streamer. That is just how it is.

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #799 of 810
The DAC section is not the reason why the A6 became popular. It sold so well because of the streamer quality and user interface. Easy to use and convenient menu layout, all streamer services flawlessly integrated and so on. The streamer part is so good that it beats standalone streamers for twice the price. Sure, there is a DAC section in the A6 too, but that is mediocre indeed. Many buyers hook up the A6 with 1K-4K external DACs and enjoy their savings on a multi thousand-dollar standalone streamer. That is just how it is.
After reading and watching reviews I was expecting a decent DAC. I think it received good reviews, but I hear your point. The functionality was nice, but not worth it for me if I have to pair it with an external DAC.

Apr 27, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #802 of 810
What’s the real MSRP on this unit? Used market is aroindy$750. Can’t be $850 new. Why would people buy used then?
Is the $750 used for the master edition maybe?

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #803 of 810
I think the A6 (my unit is ME version) is a very good streamer. I use it alongside my Aurender N100 and I can hardly tell the difference. A6ME is sold for a lot less comparing with the N100 (retail price-wise), and has much nicer screen and application. The sole purpose of me getting the A6ME was for streaming Apple Music to my DDC/DAC, but the more I use it, the less and less I power up my N100 as I don't think I miss anything playing everything (streaming and offline) from the A6ME.

I haven't tried its DAC functionality though.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #805 of 810
Are there any owners of Holo may kte or Spring here. Do you use this streamer, what are your impressions?

And a question that interests me very much. EverSolo A6 Master Edition has i2s output interface. Has anyone connected it to an external DAC? If yes, does everything work well (which DAC).

Can this streamer work with hqplayer? I want to transfer data from hqplayer via the network interface to EverSolo A6 Master Edition, and from it via i2s to May KTE.

Thank you.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #806 of 810
Are there any owners of Holo may kte or Spring here. Do you use this streamer, what are your impressions?

And a question that interests me very much. EverSolo A6 Master Edition has i2s output interface. Has anyone connected it to an external DAC? If yes, does everything work well (which DAC).

Can this streamer work with hqplayer? I want to transfer data from hqplayer via the network interface to EverSolo A6 Master Edition, and from it via i2s to May KTE.

Thank you.
I have a Holo Audio Cyan2 DAC fed from this streamer A6, sounds great. I don't think the A6 ME edition has an I2S output, only the A8 has. As regards HQPlayer, I think you will need a device which has NAA functionality to act as an interface to your DAC, this is not listed for the A6 or A6ME.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #808 of 810
Just tried ripping on the A6 following the latest firmware upgrade. Previously when I tried ripping, there were issues with no artist being attached to the rips, so the library integration would then not display the artist concerned, the files would play but were orphaned without an artist name. I documented this on post#22 on this thread. So I gave it another go hoping things would improve. Happy to report that this is the case but there are still things to fix. After the CD is recognised, I see correct art, album name, track names but no apparent artist at all. If you press the edit button to the right of the album name, you will see that only the generic name "artists" is connected with the album. If you type in the correct artist name and proceed with the rip, then the resultant album folder will have the entered artist name appended on the end of each track name. If now you add this into your music library via an update to library, then you will now find the artist correctly discovered under artist, and album also found OK under albums. To maintain consistency of organisation of my library of rips, I moved these A6 rips inside an artist folder that I created as the ripping does not do this I.e. artist,album,tracks sequence of files. This is also added to library ok and the artist now discovered correctly. I don't know why the ripping database step doesn't show the artist and that I have to enter it manually, an issue to be fixed in the future. The library construction does appear to work better now with the new firmware, I could never get the artist to be listed properly even when I manually entered artist name before the latest update. So far just 2 CDs ripped, same manual input of artist name required on both, but overall process fast. So definately some improvements to ripping.
Same issue even now. 1.2.50 — i also have a PLEX server on my network. If I use the PLEX app in the Eversolo all the music shows up correctly. The PLEX server will automatically update the meta data. The issue is I do not know if playing music from the PLEX app degrades the music since I do not pay for full PLEX.

I also noticed under the music app / settings / scan/automatic updating sources was turned off on mine. I just turned it on. Which now leads to I do not know if that fixes the issue and if it does is it only for newly ripped cd’s or will it update existing files? I did the rebuild music thing.

If it updates existing it will take some time

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #809 of 810
Same issue even now. 1.2.50 — i also have a PLEX server on my network. If I use the PLEX app in the Eversolo all the music shows up correctly. The PLEX server will automatically update the meta data. The issue is I do not know if playing music from the PLEX app degrades the music since I do not pay for full PLEX.

I also noticed under the music app / settings / scan/automatic updating sources was turned off on mine. I just turned it on. Which now leads to I do not know if that fixes the issue and if it does is it only for newly ripped cd’s or will it update existing files? I did the rebuild music thing.

If it updates existing it will take some time
I always have that autoupdating of sources OFF, and after I add new rips I manually update the library. If that feature was ON especially in the early days of the A6 it would spend all its effort just dumbly scanning drives over and over, this could interfere with using Files to move lots of files around.

May 1, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #810 of 810
Nice to see that the DMP-A6 automatically downsamples the music material when it does not fit into the pipe, even if the "Fixed sampling rate output - Original sampling rate" is set in the menu.
352.8_to_176.4_downsampling.jpg
With USB it goes with 352.8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back