Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Mar 9, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #2,191 of 2,259
Very enjoyable combo: iFi Go Bar (xBass is fantastic when you want that little low-end kick) -> Tripowin Seraph cable (very good sound, clean with nice warmth, MMCX tips fit IE600 perfectly, cable is soft and flexible, no microphonics) -> IE600 -> Divinus Velvet Eartips (nice smooth rounded sound, really cuts the sharp high frequencies and super comfortable, can wear all day) OR Tri clarion Eartips (slightly brighter, larger sound stage, brings out more details, more exciting and dynamic but no piercing highs)
IMG_6995 PS Head-Fi.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #2,192 of 2,259
Very enjoyable combo: iFi Go Bar (xBass is fantastic when you want that little low-end kick) -> Tripowin Seraph cable (very good sound, clean with nice warmth, MMCX tips fit IE600 perfectly, cable is soft and flexible, no microphonics) -> IE600 -> Divinus Velvet Eartips (nice smooth rounded sound, really cuts the sharp high frequencies and super comfortable, can wear all day) OR Tri clarion Eartips (slightly brighter, larger sound stage, brings out more details, more exciting and dynamic but no piercing highs)

When you say the tips fit perfectly, is the mmcx connector regular or not would you say? I have heard people say it isn't exactly standard and that they had to chip some plastic off the ends or something but others say their third party cable fits snugly. I will probably look to switch my cable out at some point for, for example, a tripowin but I have had bad experiences with other iem connectors not fitting properly, being loose and the phones come off easily afterwards.

Other posters/owners are also most welcome to chip in (sennheiser employees as well :smile: )

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #2,193 of 2,259
If you're thinking about a new cable, make sure you get one that is designed for the IE series. The connector is slightly different, other cables can be modified to fit but better to buy one that is made for this IEM.

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #2,194 of 2,259
Yes, there are a number of cables that are designed specifically for the IE series or that fit properly even if not designed for them (Effect Audio) or can be made to fit very easily by popping off little plastic discs on the cable connectors (XINHS).

Best bet is (on a desktop computer at least) to look through the photo section associated with this forum, look for pictures of cables then go to the post for more details. I have posted several photos of different cables as have others.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #2,196 of 2,259
When you say the tips fit perfectly, is the mmcx connector regular or not would you say? I have heard people say it isn't exactly standard and that they had to chip some plastic off the ends or something but others say their third party cable fits snugly. I will probably look to switch my cable out at some point for, for example, a tripowin but I have had bad experiences with other iem connectors not fitting properly, being loose and the phones come off easily afterwards.

Other posters/owners are also most welcome to chip in (sennheiser employees as well :smile: )
This Tripowin Seraph's MMCX connector fits IE series IEMS specifically (fits other IEMS of course), within Tripowin's cable range there are a few cable's MMCX connector made specifically for IE series, no mods required, they do specify it in their spec. There are other models with "normal" MMCX connectors that doesn not mention fits IE series in their spec, which you would need to modify.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #2,197 of 2,259
This Tripowin Seraph's MMCX connector fits IE series IEMS specifically (fits other IEMS of course), within Tripowin's cable range there are a few cable's MMCX connector made specifically for IE series, no mods required, they do specify it in their spec. There are other models with "normal" MMCX connectors that doesn not mention fits IE series in their spec, which you would need to modify.
Looking at the Seraph it seems they only come with 3.5mm and 4.4mm (bal), and I think I need a 2.5mm (bal) plug, my main dap is an A&K Norma SR25 which puts out about 4vrms balanced on the 2.5mm vs 2vrms on the 3.5mm termination, which geniunely makes the dap perform better to me as I don't mind cranking up the volume and if you got an older recording at like -88 dB it's almost mandatory.

I would love a decent modular cable, I got the Kinera Ace, which is a fantastic modular cable for the price imo, just that I got it with 2 pin 0.75mm (for my Blessing2 Dusk) and would love to buy another one with mmcx but I guess I have to do some plastic.. surgery to make the term fit :smile:

I'll put in an order later tonight I think, but haven't decided in this moment on whether I'll order a regular mmcx cable and try to chip the plastic rings off, or if I'll get one of the ie 600 specific cables, shipping is a factor (Sweden) so we'll see. but yea, thanks for the input, appreciate it.

I also appreciate all the advice/thoughts given in this thread on tips, so thanks to all of you in here. I'm hunting better tips as well. Like the average owner in here I echo the silicon tips (especially L) being possible to get a good fit with, and when you do they sound absolutely splendid, just that it's way too difficult and often takes me several tries whilst on the go outdoors which just isn't acceptable. Really seems like the nozzle is a bit too shallow and when it works the tips aren't actually that far pushed in, like there's some sweet spot just half way in.. idno. I have good experiences with Spinfits so might get their 145s, I read here that the Divinus Velvet (L) are good, as are the final type E, I never tried these brands but might give them a go, I haven't decided yet, again shipping time is a factor.

The memory wire cable, the mmcx terminations and the tip and nozzle design are a half-miss, but this is just straight up a stellar IEM for me otherwise. Not doing a review as I simply agree with the general consensus on just about everything. I've seen the odd person call neutral-ish on the iem, I wouldn't say it is neutral, but I would say far more balanced across the spectrum than the frequency response suggested pre-purchase (I personally lean towards the later Harman curves in general), it also looks a quite v-shaped but the sound is somehow, to me, maybe.. u-shaped with fine mids, might be tip/seal dependant. I've seen some people debate the sibilance: as someone who can be slightly sensitive to sibilants, especially s's and fs, I did occasionally get tagged by the peak at ~8k so on very voice-forward songs, I eq'd that down 3 dB and with that they're just pleasant as hell to listen to.

edit: put in an order, Spinfit cp145 (L), a multipack of Final Type E several sizes (on this thread's recommendation) and a Jajunsi (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm) modular upgrade cable with mmcx terminations that are supposedly for the ie series. Will report back if I have anything useful to say lol

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #2,198 of 2,259
Looking at the Seraph it seems they only come with 3.5mm and 4.4mm (bal), and I think I need a 2.5mm (bal) plug, my main dap is an A&K Norma SR25 which puts out about 4vrms balanced on the 2.5mm vs 2vrms on the 3.5mm termination, which geniunely makes the dap perform better to me as I don't mind cranking up the volume and if you got an older recording at like -88 dB it's almost mandatory.

I would love a decent modular cable, I got the Kinera Ace, which is a fantastic modular cable for the price imo, just that I got it with 2 pin 0.75mm (for my Blessing2 Dusk) and would love to buy another one with mmcx but I guess I have to do some plastic.. surgery to make the term fit :smile:

I'll put in an order later tonight I think, but haven't decided in this moment on whether I'll order a regular mmcx cable and try to chip the plastic rings off, or if I'll get one of the ie 600 specific cables, shipping is a factor (Sweden) so we'll see. but yea, thanks for the input, appreciate it.
Other tripowin cables come with 2.5mm, Amber (which many IE900 owners use), Danube, Perles, etc.. I haven't personally tried them all so I don't know how well they pair with IE600 sound wise but I have and can say I quite enjoy the Seraph + IE600 combo... Other than Tripowin, there are numerous other cable brands out there with MMCX that work with IE series, any cable with ConX tips work too, just a few more options..

Good luck!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #2,199 of 2,259
Just a little tip that might help someone.

Obviously if you use aftermarket tips without the internal foam damper of the stock tips typically the treble will be a bit sharper.

I bit of micropore tape over part of the width of the nozzle will very faithfully replicate the affect of the foam filter.

I coloured mine with a black Sharpie so it isn’t visible down the bore of the tip, yes I am anal retentive !! 😂

IMG_0330.jpeg

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #2,200 of 2,259
I use the SednaEarfit Max tips with my IE600.

The good thing about these tips having a little grill is that I’ve been able to stuff the little piece of sennheiser foam inside the tip then fit the tip to the IEM

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #2,201 of 2,259
I use the SednaEarfit Max tips with my IE600.

The good thing about these tips having a little grill is that I’ve been able to stuff the little piece of sennheiser foam inside the tip then fit the tip to the IEM

Nice, I like the option to use any tip that fits me best and be able to keep the effect of the stock filter.

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #2,202 of 2,259
I'm on the third day of burnin with my new ie600's On the two butts. The cable reminds you in a number of ways that it''s upgradable so that's enough said on that Butt on to the tips the foam seamed to muddy the bass on first try I used foam on my ie80, Noble Sage and Shure se846 so I expected just to put them in and done deal. I'm using the large silicone tips right now, I'll have to suffer right now using a Dragonfly Cobalt, Little Bear B4 with Burson V5i, AK100ii and AK BX10 as seen in attached picture. The Little Bear B4 bring a little more body and adds more musicality the listening experience with ie600.

Attachments

• fadf3e2cce3cc023-photo.jpg
    fadf3e2cce3cc023-photo.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #2,203 of 2,259
I was just thinking of going back to the largest foam tips for the seal and I thought about the foam inserts . If the sealvprovides
elevated bass, so taking out the foam will bring back some treble? I'm sure someone has tried it. I was using non provided tips that have a clear hole and I love that if only they were a bit larger (I'm lazy at ordering Divinus etc I'll get around to it).. But in the meantime, I'm a little hopeful taking the foam out of the largest foams makes a nice balance..

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #2,204 of 2,259
I was just thinking of going back to the largest foam tips for the seal and I thought about the foam inserts . If the sealvprovides
elevated bass, so taking out the foam will bring back some treble? I'm sure someone has tried it. I was using non provided tips that have a clear hole and I love that if only they were a bit larger (I'm lazy at ordering Divinus etc I'll get around to it).. But in the meantime, I'm a little hopeful taking the foam out of the largest foams makes a nice balance..

Pull the foam out and see for yourself.

The foam are just little discs pushed into the tips. You can pull them out with narrow tweezers and just poke them back in if you don’t like it.

Easily reversible change so long as you are not ridiculously rough.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #2,205 of 2,259
I recently purchased an IE 900 and an IE 600, but unfortunately, both experienced connectivity issues. Whenever I turned my head to either side, one of the in-ear monitors (IEMs) lost its connection, interrupting the music playback. This is unacceptable considering the stellar sound quality these IEMs offer. Has anyone else encountered similar issues, and if so, do you have any recommendations or solutions? Alternatively, can anyone suggest another IEM with comparable sound quality but without these connectivity problems?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back