Fedex appreciation thread
Jan 31, 2006 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
Fedex gets my vote when it comes to choosing between carriers like UPS, DHL etc.

For some reason, they seem to go beyond the call of duty to help me out. Just this afternoon I had a package delivered to me. It was supposed to go to IronDreamer but Monarch Computers screw*d up (as usual...they are HORRIBLE to deal with) and sent it to me. Now I wanted to turn the package around asap so that my PC is finished asap and sent to me asap.

The driver was a hottie!!!
eek.gif
what a looker!! She waited patiently while I dug up his address. She filled out the forms...called Fedex to get my account number etc. etc. etc.

The package contained my new motherboard. It is already on the way to Peter in California...turnaround time of 15 minutes
smily_headphones1.gif

BIG THUMBS UP for fedex
k1000smile.gif

BIG MIDDLE FINGER UP for Monarch Computers...you guys suck ass!
mad.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 27
I was a big fan of fedex until today. I ordered an iAudio U3 that was to be delivered yesterday. I wasn't home at the time of the delivery attempt, but the delivery person did not leave a door tag. Then I come home today, and the item is sitting right at my door. Keep in mind I live in an apartment complex with lots of college-age people and some sketchy looking people altogether and not a house or townhome. I called up Fedex to inquire as to why the package was left at the door, and apparently, it is Fedex's new policy, effective since September, to leave all packages at residences regardless of what kind of residence. Yeah it's a bit of an inconvenience to wait another day or to pick up the package from the Fedex facility myself, but I'd rather put up with that then risk having someone snatch the package from my doorstep. I understand why Fedex would leave packages at the door for houses, since traffic is generally less and there is less risk that someone will steal something, but that does not apply to an apartment complex where common walkways are accessible to everyone. I'm not sure I want to risk having anything sent to me ever again by Fedex, and I'll have to think twice about shipping a package through Fedex as well. I concur that Fedex employees are generally very nice, but Fedex's policies are silly.

Jan 31, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 27
By a strange coincidence, I am right now eagerly awaiting the doorbell that will tell me that UPS has arrived with my new motherboard. I, however, am man enough to build my own computer.
biggrin.gif

UPS/Newegg got me all the parts I needed 2 days early, EXCEPT for the motherboard, which I have had to wait over the weekend for. Motherboard shipping in from CA, so it took longer. Ah well.

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 27
Fedex is my favorite. They have better rates than the USPS, generally fast delivery, and I CAN PICK IT UP THE SAME DAY OF THE FIRST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. With the USPS, I usually have to wait till the next day (a few times I've been able to do same day). But I hate that with UPS that they do not get the trucks back until late so I have to wait until the next day to pick up the package. And then, you have to call them up and go through the automated process for them to hold the package, which I have to wait until the evening for the delivery info to get into the system. The other weird thing, is that I've had problems getting them to hold multiple packages to our address. The last time I had two package deliveries, I told them to hold the packages, and only one got held and the took the other one out for delivery. The only weird thing about Fedex is again what they do when you're not at home. I rarely get packages that do not need a signature, but I've had them deliver my packages to neighbors in the complex. It's really weird that they will do that on packages that require a signature. Still, I always ship with either Fedex or USPS and I'm now leaning more to Fedex because it's cheaper for me to do the tracking, delivery confirmation, and insurance than with USPS.

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
What is dumb is that newegg doesnt use fedex. Monarch uses fedex. newegg uses UPS.

I hate UPS...and now I hate Monarch.

bastids give me no choice...im gonna go postal!!
mad.gif

Newegg doesn't use Fedex?
confused.gif
confused.gif
.. Unless they just switched it within the past few months, all I've gotten is Fedex delivering my Newegg packages.

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
confused.gif
confused.gif
.. Unless they just switched it within the past few months, all I've gotten is Fedex delivering my Newegg packages.

Correct - they DO use fedex - I wonder what I was thinking...

I'm still going postal!!
mad.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
confused.gif
confused.gif

They use both now, but why anyone would choose UPS over Fed Ex is beyond me.

GS: Sorry to hear about your problems with Monarch. I have bought from them loads of times, they have a strict policy on shipping only to billing addresses, but other than that no problems.

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
GS: Sorry to hear about your problems with Monarch. I have bought from them loads of times, they have a strict policy on shipping only to billing addresses, but other than that no problems.

Peter's address is a secondary address and they have shipped all my stuff to him when I first placed the order. The motherboard was dead and we RMAd it. This was a long-drawn process...they refused to pay shipping even though I had received a defective product. I told them to ship to Peter, they ship it to me.

Disgusting...I will NEVER deal with them again...sent an email across my company requesting a boycott of Monarch. Rude emails, horrible customer service, slow response, slow shipping.

The few dollars that I saved actually ended up costing me a lot more because of this reseller...

Newegg for life!

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
I swear DHL people are out to get me. I've been nearly hit by three vans of theirs.

FedEx people are always nice when I recieve stuff from them.

DHL must be out to get all Head-Fi members, because I actually got hit by one of their van drivers before Christmas break.

I was crossing through an intersection on my daily run, and saw him coming towards me. He acknowledges me (is staring right at me), and I can even tell he put on his brakes, since the front end dipped a bit. But then, the a** hole just gildes right through the intersection and bumps me off the front bumper! I was fine physically, so I flashed him the bird and continued my run
biggrin.gif

Oh, and FedEx does rock. I've never had one bad experience in the past 8 years that I can remember...

Feb 1, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #15 of 27
I have ordered from Monarch twice, and have had no problems, but then again shipping and billing address was the same.

As for FedEx, I like using them for sending packages, not receiving. They have sporatic delivery times, and have been late before. UPS is very timely, showing up at the same time nearly every time, far more consistent than FedEx.

Of course, this always depends on where you live.

USPS, is the bottom of the barrel locally for me.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back