Feliks Audio ENVY
Dec 17, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #46 of 7,076
Hello,
I don't quite understand the construction principle.
Why you now use Kt sockets as preamp and 300b as output stage.
The parallel with the Euforia is definitely there with the 6AS7G and 6SN7 sockets.
I am glad that they thought one step further and were able to implement KT & 300B.
As an Euforia owner you start swearing when you see the tube prices although most of them were standard tubes at that time.

I had a hybrid amplifier built with 2 6SN7 sockets and the amplifier is relatively close to the Euforia for a fraction of the money.
And in some ways even better.
Even if the comparison is a bit lame because of the Otl and hybrid amplifier design.

What I actually wanted to say is
Firstly:
I would have liked to see an amplifier that is cleanly constructed and only equipped with a common tube type where tubes are still affordable.
Especially 300b are not cheap.

Secondly:
It might also be more accessible for people if it remains affordable also amplifier-wise in the purchase.

Thirdly: It looks technically good, but the price and where Feliks wants to go is justified somewhere, but not affordable for everyone, so many customers will drop out, which is a shame.

Fourthly, a slimmed-down version of the Envy might be great.

For my part, from a personal point of view, I won't buy it.
I'd rather have one built, especially if there was a concept.

Since the first reports won't come until next year, I'm also curious about what Feliks will say.

About the Auris, yes you are right, but technically the Auris is a few years old again.
That could be a disadvantage for it, because it looks like Feliks has done a good job.
I find 3 outputs a bit much, especially XLR.
I would have liked to see a more advanced crossfeed circuit.

Dec 17, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #47 of 7,076
Hello,
I don't quite understand the construction principle.
Why you now use Kt sockets as preamp and 300b as output stage.
The parallel with the Euforia is definitely there with the 6AS7G and 6SN7 sockets.
I am glad that they thought one step further and were able to implement KT & 300B.
As an Euforia owner you start swearing when you see the tube prices although most of them were standard tubes at that time.

I had a hybrid amplifier built with 2 6SN7 sockets and the amplifier is relatively close to the Euforia for a fraction of the money.
And in some ways even better.
Even if the comparison is a bit lame because of the Otl and hybrid amplifier design.

What I actually wanted to say is
Firstly:
I would have liked to see an amplifier that is cleanly constructed and only equipped with a common tube type where tubes are still affordable.
Especially 300b are not cheap.

Secondly:
It might also be more accessible for people if it remains affordable also amplifier-wise in the purchase.

Thirdly: It looks technically good, but the price and where Feliks wants to go is justified somewhere, but not affordable for everyone, so many customers will drop out, which is a shame.

Fourthly, a slimmed-down version of the Envy might be great.

For my part, from a personal point of view, I won't buy it.
I'd rather have one built, especially if there was a concept.

Since the first reports won't come until next year, I'm also curious about what Feliks will say.

About the Auris, yes you are right, but technically the Auris is a few years old again.
That could be a disadvantage for it, because it looks like Feliks has done a good job.
I find 3 outputs a bit much, especially XLR.
I would have liked to see a more advanced crossfeed circuit.
I'd like to share my view on this.

The Envy is targeted at the high end audiophile community. Sure many can't afford or accept the price tag, but those at which it is aimed for usually can.

For those with a stricter budget there are still the other amps like Euforia and Elise.

Regarding tube choice they made the right decision imo.
The 300B Tube is regarded as the very best for Audio reproduction. Since the target audience are those who want just the very best, this is the best choice to get their attention.
Furthermore there are a lot of current production tubes that are equal or better than NOS tubes of this type.

300B amps of the competition are priced similarly.

The good news is that they will likely Design a KT88 amp in the future as well, as Euforia tubes are harder and harder to get and unlike 300B the current production tubes don't equal their NOS counterparts. My guess is that it will cost similar to the Euforia as well.
(I also inquired about a custom version of the Euforia with KT88 and they said that they could do that, if you're interested in inquiring for yourself)

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #49 of 7,076

Such a good looking amp, love it

Can be pre ordered now, starts at 6500€.
Sadly the prices for New gear increases a lot over the past months

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #50 of 7,076
This amp looks so nice but the expenses especially including the tubes is quite high.

Dec 23, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #52 of 7,076
Honestly this amplifier should be bought after several people have tried it or at least some decent reviews are in place. I am not sure wat tube rolling can be done with 300B (as far as I know you cannot replace them with anything except similar models from other vendors) and I have no idea if on drivers it has automatic bias as the other models. It can sound good or not, with your current gear, but can you risk this for 6500 EUR?

Dec 23, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #54 of 7,076
so what are the competing tube amps:

Cayin HA-300 (mk2 pending) ~ $4k
Modwright ha300 ~ $8k
AmpsandSound Agartha ~ $6k
Woo WA33 ~ $8k
Viva Egoista 845 ~$10k
Trafomatic Primavera ~ $12k
dna stellaris ~ $10k
Riviera AIC-10 ~ $13k
Allnic HPA-5000 XL ~$8k
Auris Headonia ~ $10k

I guess a few other from Eddie Current, Thomas Mayer, Octave, Arcturus, Manley, etc..

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #55 of 7,076
Yes, we will probably have to wait until some of them have had the good piece in their hands.
Everything else is just speculation at the moment, apart from the good looks.
Even if Feliks' intentions are to play with the big ones, it's brave of them.
One must also acknowledge that there are not many who dare to do that.

If you compare the inner structure of Euforia back then and today, it has changed a lot.
I think it won't be much different in the Envy, which will also be tidy inside like the current Euforia that you can buy.

Maybe it's just as well the way it is.
If I had heard that there was going to be a Mk3 of the Euforia or something like that I would have been annoyed.
Those who bought one first would also be annoyed.

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #57 of 7,076
Screenshot_20211223-203152_Chrome.jpg
Two more colors
Screenshot_20211223-203216_Chrome.jpg

Dec 23, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #58 of 7,076
so what are the competing tube amps:

Cayin HA-300 (mk2 pending) ~ $4k
Modwright ha300 ~ $8k
AmpsandSound Agartha ~ $6k
Woo WA33 ~ $8k
Viva Egoista 845 ~$10k
Trafomatic Primavera ~ $12k
dna stellaris ~ $10k
Riviera AIC-10 ~ $13k
Allnic HPA-5000 XL ~$8k
Auris Headonia ~ $10k

I guess a few other from Eddie Current, Thomas Mayer, Octave, Arcturus, Manley, etc..

I think I'll go out and buy one of each. That is, after I hit the lottery.. 🤑

Dec 25, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #59 of 7,076
Honestly this amplifier should be bought after several people have tried it or at least some decent reviews are in place. I am not sure wat tube rolling can be done with 300B (as far as I know you cannot replace them with anything except similar models from other vendors) and I have no idea if on drivers it has automatic bias as the other models. It can sound good or not, with your current gear, but can you risk this for 6500 EUR?
Fully agree. With 300b rolling you have EML, Psvane and KR to tube roll with high prices... One needs to think twice before pulling a trigger. Certainly this amp is meant to be one of the top on the matket. Feliks ceases to be aspiring brand any more. Curious to read reliable (i.e. not sponsored) review. In any case prices are going crazy..

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #60 of 7,076
Fully agree. With 300b rolling you have EML, Psvane and KR to tube roll with high prices... One needs to think twice before pulling a trigger. Certainly this amp is meant to be one of the top on the matket. Feliks ceases to be aspiring brand any more. Curious to read reliable (i.e. not sponsored) review. In any case prices are going crazy..
Western Electric makes nice ones; just got a pair a couple weeks ago!

I'm sure I could have researched around and found some that sound 'as good or better' for less dough, but I figured I can't go wrong with these, complete with 5-year warranty, they sound great, and I'm happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back