Feliks Audio ENVY
May 11, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #6,901 of 7,084
Not a fan of using that Fleetwood Mac album for critical listening personally. It's so well recorded and produced, even mediocre headphones and amps sound good.

Also AE Envy is the most beautiful amp I've ever seen. That picture above is *drools*
It's does look rather good, hope it comes with a micro fibre cloth to keep the dust off... 😅

May 11, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #6,902 of 7,084
It comes with a cloth but to clean around the tube bases may be difficult. I would suggest building a custom clear plexiglass dust cover to be placed after the tubes cool off as a nice way to protect everything. The base would need four silicone bumpers or black felt strips along the base Anyone have any other ideas?

May 11, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #6,903 of 7,084
It comes with a cloth but to clean around the tube bases may be difficult. I would suggest building a custom clear plexiglass dust cover to be placed after the tubes cool off as a nice way to protect everything. The base would need four silicone bumpers or black felt strips along the base Anyone have any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3546.jpeg
    IMG_3546.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
May 11, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #6,904 of 7,084
Yep, the cloth cover / bag it ships with. 😉

May 12, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #6,905 of 7,084
On the Envy AE, how would you compare the Susvara to Immanis?? Is the sound stage significantly more 3D (high/tall/wide) and pinpoint placement of voices and instruments as exacting as Susvara? What about bass and sub bass??

I will try to give my best to explain but take in mind that while I had some good time listening to the Immanis on Envy PE and AE (A killer combo with both) and the Susvaras on Envy PE, I only had the chance to listen to one single track (Time by Pink Floyd) to compare them side by side on the Envy AE. Also I didn't have my well known tracks to benchmark different features (fixed playlist available only) and the environment was very noisy. In comparison to the Susvaras, the Raal sounded more spacious and three-dimensional, more vivid , "maybe" given the treble sounded more pronounced (the clock alarms from the track "time" were more vivid on the Raal with superb levels of resolution). But the thing that most blow me away is how dynamic and how hard can Raal slam and how deep notes it can reach., the drumming part of "time" sounded so small on the Sussies compared to the Immanis, probably they slam even stronger than the Utopias, you feel that air pressure. While I was testing the Immanis on the Envy PE (with stock tubes), there was other guy on the Magmas (second output Envy) and we were both listening to the very same intro track of Dune, Part2 "Beginnings are such delicate times" that kick in with these massive and deep drums and we both put the same face amusement. "what just happened?" never heard so a deep, impactful and unbounded bass on a headphone.

Again take this with a grain of salt, these are my own subjective impressions and I wished I could have both headphones on a quite environment with my own test tracks, but I would dare to say the Immanis on the Envy outclass the Susvaras in several departments, the macro dynamics, the speed, the bass, the soundstage, only micro-dynamics and resolution I could not tell with certain, if the Raal is that organic as Susvaras but the level of resolution and clarity are superb. One thing to be aware, the treble on the Raal was more pronounced than on the Susvara, so for my aged ears that was not a problem, or maybe it did not bother me because of the levels of clarity,, or because I didn't try them on longer listening sessions, but they could be feel too bright for some less aged ears (but nothing it could not be amended with a good selection of tubes I guess)

I went to the show with the main mission to verify if makes sense to add the Susvaras to my collection by comparing them against my baseline, the Calderas (that test was absolutely passed), even prepared to cry once for the price of the Sussies and now the Immanis just made my life miserable. The Envy + Immanis is a killer combo!

Aside of that, the aesthetic of the Immanis are really beautiful:

I hope someone else of the group was also on the show and can give a second feedback of the Immanis, so I don't feel I was the only one hallucinating 🤣

1715537748049.jpeg

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #6,906 of 7,084
...but there were more surprises. I asked Feliks team what were their top headphone recommendations. Of course top one was the Susvaras, but that during the fair several people, including some known reviewers were very impressed with this other headphone, the Erzetich Charybdis. I compared it side by side with the Sussies on the Envy PE (stock tubes) on a quitter room (where I also compared against Calderas) and the Charybdis sounded quite close to the Susvaras with only slightly differences, like the last level of micro-details was not present making them sound a bit ice cream softer (nothing bad, a different taste only) and more bass presence (I guess they reach that with these very ultra thick pads). But in a few words you have a "susvaras clone" for only 3K. On the aesthetic side, I personally found them very awful looking and bulkier, but performance wise some people may like them even more than the susvaras (a matter of taste). I also tried them on their dedicated Erzetich amplifier, but the magic was gone.

Shortly I would like to add that I also tried the new Caldera Closed on the Envy, but after audited these other beasts, there is nothing that really worth to say about the new CC, just that I could not perceive (from memory) any differences to my CO. I only had them a few minutes on my head before I lost interest.

1715539186289.jpeg

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #6,907 of 7,084
I will try to give my best to explain but take in mind that while I had some good time listening to the Immanis on Envy PE and AE (A killer combo with both) and the Susvaras on Envy PE, I only had the chance to listen to one single track (Time by Pink Floyd) to compare them side by side on the Envy AE. Also I didn't have my well known tracks to benchmark different features (fixed playlist available only) and the environment was very noisy. In comparison to the Susvaras, the Raal sounded more spacious and three-dimensional, more vivid , "maybe" given the treble sounded more pronounced (the clock alarms from the track "time" were more vivid on the Raal with superb levels of resolution). But the thing that most blow me away is how dynamic and how hard can Raal slam and how deep notes it can reach., the drumming part of "time" sounded so small on the Sussies compared to the Immanis, probably they slam even stronger than the Utopias, you feel that air pressure. While I was testing the Immanis on the Envy PE (with stock tubes), there was other guy on the Magmas (second output Envy) and we were both listening to the very same intro track of Dune, Part2 "Beginnings are such delicate times" that kick in with these massive and deep drums and we both put the same face amusement. "what just happened?" never heard so a deep, impactful and unbounded bass on a headphone.

Again take this with a grain of salt, these are my own subjective impressions and I wished I could have both headphones on a quite environment with my own test tracks, but I would dare to say the Immanis on the Envy outclass the Susvaras in several departments, the macro dynamics, the speed, the bass, the soundstage, only micro-dynamics and resolution I could not tell with certain, if the Raal is that organic as Susvaras but the level of resolution and clarity are superb. One thing to be aware, the treble on the Raal was more pronounced than on the Susvara, so for my aged ears that was not a problem, or maybe it did not bother me because of the levels of clarity,, or because I didn't try them on longer listening sessions, but they could be feel too bright for some less aged ears (but nothing it could not be amended with a good selection of tubes I guess)

I went to the show with the main mission to verify if makes sense to add the Susvaras to my collection by comparing them against my baseline, the Calderas (that test was absolutely passed), even prepared to cry once for the price of the Sussies and now the Immanis just made my life miserable. The Envy + Immanis is a killer combo!

I hope someone else of the group was also on the show and can give a second feedback of the Immanis, so I don't feel I was the only one hallucinating 🤣

1715537748049.jpeg
Thanks for this! Have fallen in love with my Envy with the May and Innuos behind it and have been curious about the Immanis.

Any idea how much it'll be and when it'll be released? Sorry if these have already been answered, haven't read through the thread much lately!

May 12, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #6,908 of 7,084
Thanks for this! Have fallen in love with my Envy with the May and Innuos behind it and have been curious about the Immanis.

Any idea how much it'll be and when it'll be released? Sorry if these have already been answered, haven't read through the thread much lately!
be prepared to cry loud for the Immanis, it's 10K and you can order them already from the headphone shop (Heildelberg, Germany)
https://headphone.shop/de/produkt/raal-1995-immanis/

Forgot to mention, but the 10k is because you need also what I believe is some art of impedance adapter to be able to connect it to not proprietary Raal amps (like Envy), The adapter is also a headphone stand, it can be seen from my previous pics and here:

1715542039451.png

May 12, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #6,909 of 7,084
be prepared to cry loud for the Immanis, it's 10K and you can order them already from the headphone shop (Heildelberg, Germany)
https://headphone.shop/de/produkt/raal-1995-immanis/

Forgot to mention, but the 10k is because you need also what I believe is some art of impedance adapter to be able to connect it to not proprietary Raal amps (like Envy), The adapter is also a headphone stand, it can be seen from my previous pics and here:

1715542039451.png
😢

May 12, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #6,911 of 7,084
May 12, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #6,912 of 7,084

Contact Danny at Raal-Requisite, Ventura Ca, for all info for customers in the US. It’s already released but there is currently a customer backlog.

May 12, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #6,913 of 7,084
I will try to give my best to explain but take in mind that while I had some good time listening to the Immanis on Envy PE and AE (A killer combo with both)

Again take this with a grain of salt, these are my own subjective impressions and I wished I could have both headphones on a quite environment with my own test tracks, but I would dare to say the Immanis on the Envy outclass the Susvaras in several departments, the macro dynamics,

I hope someone else of the group was also on the show and can give a second feedback of the Immanis, so I don't feel I was the only one

The AE25 with Immanis was put up in open space on Saturday. I thought it was impossible to get any impression due to the noisy environment.
20240511_142548_HDR.jpg
On Sunday they moved them inside the Feliks booth. Unfortunately still with A&K ACRO CA1000T line out with fixed amount of music. But at least with more quietness around.

I can confirm what you have heard about space, resolution and details. I cannot say anything about bass, my reference tracks about that department were not available.

May 12, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #6,914 of 7,084
They look quite comfy those Immanis but also very bulky.

Can you guys confirm they are comfortable (or not)? Of course you won't be able to determine how comfortable they might be for long sessions.

The Susvara has been king for such a long time. Will be nice to see another option but that price! Holy ..

May 12, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #6,915 of 7,084
...but there were more surprises. I asked Feliks team what were their top headphone recommendations. Of course top one was the Susvaras, but that during the fair several people, including some known reviewers were very impressed with this other headphone, the Erzetich Charybdis. I compared it side by side with the Sussies on the Envy PE (stock tubes) on a quitter room (where I also compared against Calderas) and the Charybdis sounded quite close to the Susvaras with only slightly differences, like the last level of micro-details was not present making them sound a bit ice cream softer (nothing bad, a different taste only) and more bass presence (I guess they reach that with these very ultra thick pads). But in a few words you have a "susvaras clone" for only 3K. On the aesthetic side, I personally found them very awful looking and bulkier, but performance wise some people may like them even more than the susvaras (a matter of taste). I also tried them on their dedicated Erzetich amplifier, but the magic was gone.

Shortly I would like to add that I also tried the new Caldera Closed on the Envy, but after audited these other beasts, there is nothing that really worth to say about the new CC, just that I could not perceive (from memory) any differences to my CO. I only had them a few minutes on my head before I lost interest.

1715539186289.jpeg
great HP, the problem is they are so easy to drive that I have to listen to them on low gain with my envy ..they sound great straight out of the chord dave...they have a fantastic wide soundstage I really like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back