Ferrum Audio ERCO - Headphone DAC/Amp
Dec 19, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #76 of 122
On another note, I finally got a couple of 4.4mm cables for my headphones (4.4mm over 4-pin XLR seems like a strange design choice). The balanced output makes a significant difference in dynamics. It's night and day. I was already in love with my ERCO + HYPSOS running unbalanced but felt like it was a small step up from my CMA Fifteen. The balanced output significantly outperforms the unbalanced output and it's not even close.

Dec 20, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #77 of 122
Here is an update on the USB issue. Ferrum Support sent me a beta version of their upcoming firmware update. It has completely remedied the issues I have been experiencing. I'm now listening with the supplied USB-C cable directly from my PC to my ERCO.

Dec 20, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #78 of 122
Here is an update on the USB issue. Ferrum Support sent me a beta version of their upcoming firmware update. It has completely remedied the issues I have been experiencing. I'm now listening with the supplied USB-C cable directly from my PC to my ERCO.

That's good so finally they solved it. When the update will be available for everyone? Did they give a time?

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #82 of 122
I don’t see how to update Erco on a Mac, anyone can help here?
Thanks

That update was to fix Windows USB driver problem so normally you don't need to update for a MAC. And Erco support page says "Download Firmware with Windows updater" So I understand you only have a chance to update firmware from a Windows PC.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #83 of 122
That update was to fix Windows USB driver problem so normally you don't need to update for a MAC. And Erco support page says "Download Firmware with Windows updater" So I understand you only have a chance to update firmware from a Windows PC.
Thanks, was hoping to fix issues via USB with the likes of Hiby RS2 Sony Walkman and others that don't seem to work, waiting to hear from them

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #84 of 122
Thanks, was hoping to fix issues via USB with the likes of Hiby RS2 Sony Walkman and others that don't seem to work, waiting to hear from them

You can find a Windows PC and upgrade Erco's firmware, then you can try with those devices again. May be it can fix your problem but I am not hopeful.

Because in my case, it solved my problem on PC usage (as firmware update was for that reason) but it did not help problems with cell phone usage.

On USB Audio Player and Tidal's own app on the smartphone.

Actually I am not making this a big problem because I am aware of that Erco is not (yet) optimized for smartphone or DAP usage. And also UAPP app doesn't have full support for Erco.

Can I ask what kind of problem(s) you have with those devices?

In my case, when I connect Erco to my cell phone it's being detected as external device and it's being used as a soundcard for applications.

I am using on Tidal app and on UAPP (Tidal again through UAPP).

When I play my first track from my Tidal list and then let Erco to play next tracks automatically it plays very well with no issues.

But while playing a track if I decide to play another track, then it's not working properly.

One issue is that the led starts to go crazy (as it's not able to detect what sample rate is being played), another issue is that sound is being digitalized or distorted, another issue is music starts to play as in 2x speed.

So if Ferrum cooperates with Android developers may be all those problems can disappear. But until they solve that, I will play first track from my album or playlist and not change the track lol :)

Apr 10, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #85 of 122
Hey guys, do you think that I can get any benefit from a galvanic isolator for Erco? I have a chance to get Intona 7054-X-DK (used), which is a USB 2.0 galvanic isolator.

And I am using Erco with my laptop which has USB 3.0 ports by the way is it meaningless to get a USB 2.0 isolator?

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #86 of 122
Hey guys, do you think that I can get any benefit from a galvanic isolator for Erco? I have a chance to get Intona 7054-X-DK (used), which is a USB 2.0 galvanic isolator.

And I am using Erco with my laptop which has USB 3.0 ports by the way is it meaningless to get a USB 2.0 isolator?
I used an iGalvanic 3.0 for quite some time with the Erco. To be honest, I couldn’t tell the difference in my system with or without it. It might measure better with a galvanic isolator, but it made no subjective difference for me. My Erco is connected to a beefed up gaming PC via USB as well.

May 5, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #89 of 122
I got the Erco and Hypsos combo yesterday and hooked it up with the Sony WM1AM2 DAP via USB in the back. Half of the time, the music sounds jumbled and broken, and if i skip to another track, it sounds normal (and it sounds wonderful when it does!). I tried multiple USB cables and the same issue. Did anyone experience somethign similar? I wonder what the issue is?

May 5, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #90 of 122
I got the Erco and Hypsos combo yesterday and hooked it up with the Sony WM1AM2 DAP via USB in the back. Half of the time, the music sounds jumbled and broken, and if i skip to another track, it sounds normal (and it sounds wonderful when it does!). I tried multiple USB cables and the same issue. Did anyone experience somethign similar? I wonder what the issue is?

Did you try using a computer instead of the Sony WM1AM2 to isolate the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back