FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 1, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,111 of 3,064
Yeah with a hair clip just gently try to move it central without breaking anything my left side connector pin was abit bent so I just tried to centre it more. But I wouldn't do it unless you can see it being not central or bent abit

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #1,112 of 3,064
Someone needs to invent a failproof IEM connector, Shure plugs used on A83 often exhibit issues cutting out, Westone's 2 pin configuration wears out the female socket holes over time, we have $1000+ 1Plus2's acrylic shells falling off cables onto the ground at random, people gluing the plug on, we're really not going anywhere fast yet everyone apparently protests detachable cables on an IEM. Probably the most durable connector I've seen is used on Sony EX600 / EX1000 series which has an actual screw on attachment, but still not absolutely fail proof as the Sony H3 hybrid I had started cutting out too. The hobby in my opinion lacks something thoroughly durable. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #1,113 of 3,064
  Shure plugs used on A83 often exhibit issues cutting out

Has someone experienced this on the A83?  I switched to a standard Shure cable, and so far it has been absolutely rock solid.

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,114 of 3,064

Has someone experienced this on the A83?  I switched to a standard Shure cable, and so far it has been absolutely rock solid.

Yes, two people on the last page.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725161/fidue-a83-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1095#post_11178763

It would be handy now you mention it if one could change the cable to correct the issue, maybe it's simply a fault on the male connection (cable side) rather than the female shell / socket, I'm sure most human females would completely agree on blaming the male. 
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,115 of 3,064

The cable itself? or the sound coming from the cable? but ive tried the shure SE215 cables and they fit so well if thats any help sound wise didnt notice much difference

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #1,116 of 3,064
  The cable itself? or the sound coming from the cable? but ive tried the shure SE215 cables and they fit so well if thats any help sound wise didnt notice much difference

Are you saying a cable change cured your cutting out problem?

It was the cable connection at fault, not the shells?

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,117 of 3,064

Are you saying a cable change cured your cutting out problem?

It was the cable connection at fault, not the shells?

Yes was the actual pin on the cable, the shell was fine for me I just centre the pin and its being fine since no issues I tried with the Shure cable to see if it was the shell or the cable and it was the cable. Seems like if the pins were off abit it caused it to cut out while I was wearing them. But that was in my case cant say for others but if you are experiencing cut outs id say see if you can borrow some sure cables to test it if its possible or even any mmcx cables

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,118 of 3,064
  Yes was the actual pin on the cable, the shell was fine for me I just centre the pin and its being fine since no issues I tried with the Shure cable to see if it was the shell or the cable and it was the cable. Seems like if the pins were off abit it caused it to cut out while I was wearing them. But that was in my case cant say for others but if you are experiencing cut outs id say see if you can borrow some sure cables to test it if its possible or even any mmcx cables

Good information and hopefully similar for subguy812. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,119 of 3,064

OK so I know the photo isn't bright flash kinda playing up "apologies"  was a quick pick but if you can see the barrel inside the shell is a bit bigger then the pin on the cable so I think after a bit of time the pin get bent and moved around and out of place so it cause it to cuts out when you actual wearing them. I guess take a look for yourselves to determine if that is the cause of your problem for the left side to cut out. I'm plan on getting aftermarket cables soon but my pockets are kinda empty atm :frowning2:  

Hope this helps 

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #1,120 of 3,064
Yes, two people on the last page.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725161/fidue-a83-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1095#post_11178763

It would be handy now you mention it if one could change the cable to correct the issue, maybe it's simply a fault on the male connection (cable side) rather than the female shell / socket, I'm sure most human females would completely agree on blaming the male. :wink:  

Pretty sure both of those were stock cable issues. I switched to a standard Shure cable - and haven't had a cut-out since.

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,121 of 3,064
I adjusted it for you.

Thanks very much for taking them off again to show us,. It looks like a relatively easy fix and knowing a cable change (hopefully for others too) can cure the problem in this instance this may prevent people needing to send back their units and maybe just have Fidue send a cable replacement instead.

I will say though mine have been fine (so far)

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,122 of 3,064
I do love my A83s now a couple of weeks after getting them. Both my old IE8:s and the A83:s are fantastic IEMs, but I tend to like the A83:s more... In fact, Way more! As soon as I go back to my IE8s I find the treble and somewhat the mids too recessed and the overall sound being more "colored" than in the A83:s.

Not enough of an HeadFi:er/Audiophile to really express exactly what I'm hearing and liking more in one than in the other. But basically I can say this: The IE8:s always make me smile when listening to them, the A83:s just make me smile more :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #1,123 of 3,064
Pretty sure both of those were stock cable issues. I switched to a standard Shure cable - and haven't had a cut-out since.

I probably should have phrased my original post differently its not Shure cables that have a problem specifically more MMCX connector in general, same connection Shure / Fidue, I believe many SE215 owners report issues since the release of Shure using it. My point is there really isn't something on the market 100% fool proof. Problems are going to occur sure, its going to be reported but this doesn't mean the cable connection is flawed completely.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1,124 of 3,064
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #1,125 of 3,064
No problem with my Fidues and I use them to walk a couple of miles every day.  So they certainly have movement near/at the connectors that has not caused cut-out.  Manufacturing issues?  Luck?  Are people taking cables off and putting them back on, causing issues?  

Again, if you have Fidues they will still be under warranty, so call the company and ask for help if you get cut-out.  They may just replace the cable for you.

I don't think I'd like to spend the $ on 1 + 2s and have them fall apart in the street.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back