[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 3, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #3,677 of 3,687
Hi Fiio, you have uploaded a latest update of the control application v3.22 to your website and it solves the filter problem but the Q factor error that fails at 0.53 continues. There is also another error that the equalizer is allowed to be configured when it is disabled, this does not happen in BTR7 as everything works perfectly without problems. Sincerely.

May 3, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #3,678 of 3,687
Yeah, I liken those adapters (4.4mm source to 3.5mm headphones/IEMs) to driving without a seatbelt. You may be fine, maybe nothing bad will happen, but it’s an increased risk. Why take the chance?
Wondering if any of you have tried FiiO KA5 with the cirrus logic dacs. I'm probably under minor differences and just spending time and money, but would like to test both equipments side by side.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #3,680 of 3,687
Wondering if any of you have tried FiiO KA5 with the cirrus logic dacs. I'm probably under minor differences and just spending time and money, but would like to test both equipments side by side.
The KA5 is quite warmer sounding than the BTR15. If you are searching for another clean and transparent type of presentation, the KA5 simply isn't it. Plus, in a few months it will be replaced by the KA15, so I would personally advice against it.

May 9, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #3,682 of 3,687
Having issues pairing my BTR15 to my laptop. Any ideas why, guys?
Never had issues.
Did you uncheck aptX/AAC from your BTR15 selected codecs?
You can try clear the pairing list of BTR15 first and try reconnect again.

How to clear pairing list:
1. Turn on BTR15.
2. Hold Vol+ & Vol- for 5s.

Or just reset BTR15.

May 9, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #3,683 of 3,687
Never had issues.
Did you uncheck aptX/AAC from your BTR15 selected codecs?
You can try clear the pairing list of BTR15 first and try reconnect again.

How to clear pairing list:
1. Turn on BTR15.
2. Hold Vol+ & Vol- for 5s.

Or just reset BTR15.
Thanks for the reply, actually did not know there was a way to clear the paired devices, pretty useful.
Still getting the same problems, however. Was there any problem like this with firmware v2.2? Maybe it was fixed with v3.5?

Also, what's wrong with AAC if I may ask?

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #3,684 of 3,687
Thanks for the reply, actually did not know there was a way to clear the paired devices, pretty useful.
Still getting the same problems, however. Was there any problem like this with firmware v2.2? Maybe it was fixed with v3.5?

Also, what's wrong with AAC if I may ask?
I've been on v3.5 for months all is well.
There are some bugs (obviously, it's a firmware), like the Gain bug if you set L gain it will actually High gain, so you need to set to L gain everytime you turned on the DAC.
Or the PEQ bug.

I recommend to reset the BTR15 first, see if it works. Then update to firmware v3.5 if still have the issue.
Ideally update to the latest firmware. FiiO will soon release the new firmware update anyway.

If you uncheck aptX/AAC & the device you're trying to connect to don't have LDAC, you will connect only using SBC and have peasant sound in your phones/Windows 10/11/MacOS/iOS 😂. If you can't even connect with standard SBC bluetooth then something's wrong with the bluetooth in your laptop, gotta check that 😂

May 9, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #3,686 of 3,687
I only use iPhone so I guess AAC is best for me? Is SBC better?
Other than iPhone I use my android tv set, and laptop.
SBC is the most basic bluetooth audio codec and compatible for almost anything.
AAC is Apple's default, also available for Android & Windows 11.
aptX & other aptX variants widely used in Android & other devices.
LDAC is developed by Sony, it can deliver hi-res audio but compatibility is limited.

For newer bluetooth audio devices, should at least AAC/aptX capable.

May 12, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #3,687 of 3,687
SBC is the most basic bluetooth audio codec and compatible for almost anything.
AAC is Apple's default, also available for Android & Windows 11.
aptX & other aptX variants widely used in Android & other devices.
LDAC is developed by Sony, it can deliver hi-res audio but compatibility is limited.

For newer bluetooth audio devices, should at least AAC/aptX capable.
Thanks! Did you say to not use AAC because it malfunctions with this device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back