[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Apr 28, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #1,591 of 1,922
Ok...late to the party, I know - but hopefully these are coming in the mail for me tomorrow!

Question - for the last three years, my IEM for daily use has been the 1more Quads. What changes can I expect with the FH7?

I've enjoyed my ride with the Quads....they've been bruised, beaten and battered...but they still work and I've had some fun with them.

Is the FH7 going to be a game changer for me? I can't find any comparisons between the two...perhaps because they're not viewed as even being in the same league.

I'll be pairing the FH7s with the M11...really looking forward to them.

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #1,592 of 1,922
My in-depth written review about FiiO's FH7 is live now!

Lots and I mean LOTS of comparisons included, with detailed descriptions of pairings and more fun to be had in the full article!

Also coming to Head-Fi really soon! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/the-shooting-star-returns-fiio-fh7-iems-review.html

FiiO-FA7-MMCX-IEMs-Silver-Cable-Modular-5-Drivers-BA-Dynamic-Flagship-Review-In-Depth-Earphones-IEMs-Audiophile-Heaven-17.jpg
Thanks for sharing.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #1,593 of 1,922
Ok...late to the party, I know - but hopefully these are coming in the mail for me tomorrow!

Question - for the last three years, my IEM for daily use has been the 1more Quads. What changes can I expect with the FH7?

I've enjoyed my ride with the Quads....they've been bruised, beaten and battered...but they still work and I've had some fun with them.

Is the FH7 going to be a game changer for me? I can't find any comparisons between the two...perhaps because they're not viewed as even being in the same league.

I'll be pairing the FH7s with the M11...really looking forward to them.

Thanks!

Well...I'll respond to my own post! Ha.

They finally came today...! I also ordered a LC-2.5C balanced cable to use with these babies, since I've never had the capacity to use the balanced output on my M11 before.

Well, what can I say...straight out of the box and into my ear (with the cable change of course), and I was in heaven.

My first track was D'Angelo's "Unshaken" - a moody, dark recording with many layers going on. I was in heaven. Then next was some hi-res Daft Punk - again, just bliss.

I've got my library on shuffle right now - currently it's an Elvis outtake from some extremely well recorded early 60's Nashville sessions, and the soundstage is just blowing my mind.

Talk about the "veil being lifted" - I'm hearing things like never before. If the source recording is good, the FH7 is going to present it brilliantly.

I haven't even begun to scratch the surface in terms of filters, tips etc...and right now, I'm not going to bother with that.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Well done, @FiiO - first class product. You did a great job on these.

May 3, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,594 of 1,922
I do not own the FH5, just the FH7 wich I really love, but when I read the FH5 was more bassy than FH7 I was curious to see their frequencies response graph. FH7 is sure more neutral and less aggressive in overall treble and indeed the sub bass isn't boosted like FH5. My guess is that FH7 bass is faster and punchier as well its not bass shy but this isn't U shaped bass, sub is in the back and rarely if ever have extra presence. FH7 is more for mid bass lover than sub bass lover IMO (but you can always add sub with EQ)

For those wondering which FH to buy, study carefully this graph! Perhaps FH5 is better for basshead while FH7 is more detailed yet less bright in treble. Pretty sure male vocal are fuller with FH7 too.
1588522437997.png

May 5, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #1,597 of 1,922
Hello,

I am considering buying the new fh7. But after my previous experience with fiio f9 pro I just wanted to ask the fiio users and fiio on how long do you expect for a fiio iem to last?

Below I describe my experience:
I purchased the fiio f9 pro 2 years ago. After using it for 1 year the left ear piece started to sound interrupted and after that it died out. The item got replaced in warranty but now after 1 year of using the replaced item I have the same issue again. Is this a normal life expectancy of about 1 year from a fiio product? According to your policy will the second replaced item will be again replaced or not?

Thank you.

May 5, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1,599 of 1,922
Hello,

I am considering buying the new fh7. But after my previous experience with fiio f9 pro I just wanted to ask the fiio users and fiio on how long do you expect for a fiio iem to last?

Below I describe my experience:
I purchased the fiio f9 pro 2 years ago. After using it for 1 year the left ear piece started to sound interrupted and after that it died out. The item got replaced in warranty but now after 1 year of using the replaced item I have the same issue again. Is this a normal life expectancy of about 1 year from a fiio product? According to your policy will the second replaced item will be again replaced or not?

Thank you.

I don't own the F9pro, but i do own several other FIIO iem like F5 which I use since more than 4 years....its quite beaten up and still work perfectly. F3 and F1 too but they were less used. I think it's possible to get unlucky, but I do not read alot of quality check issue with their IEM. People seem to complain more about DAP firmware and stuffs like this when it come to FIIO. My FH7 is just a 2 weeks old so I cannot comment on it's durability. Construction look invincible and mmcx connector will last long, they are of great quality.

May 5, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #1,600 of 1,922
There is always something new coming ... but FH7 is an excellent IEM, so why wait?

Here is the next one:
https://fiio.com/fa9
Sound switch! THAT is so exciting. These FA9 are very promising. I don't think the bass would compete with FH7 but we never know, my Audiosense T800 have quite authoritative weighty bass and its full BA's iem. I wish we can see a frequency responbse graph, the FH7 graph is quite revelatory of how its neutrally yet unboringly tuned.

May 5, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,601 of 1,922
Sound switch! THAT is so exciting. These FA9 are very promising. I don't think the bass would compete with FH7 but we never know, my Audiosense T800 have quite authoritative weighty bass and its full BA's iem. I wish we can see a frequency responbse graph, the FH7 graph is quite revelatory of how its neutrally yet unboringly tuned.

I have the S8F and the FH7 and although in the graphics the S8F has much more bass than the FH7, I can assure you that this is not the case in the ears. A good DD always gives a much better bass than several BAs.

May 10, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,602 of 1,922
I’ve ordered a pair of FH7s that will be delivered tomorrow, I’m looking forward to comparing them to my long standing favourite IEMs, the AK T8ie mkII - I have been kind of missing the BA treble, so I’m holding out high hopes, especially noting the giant killing status that the FH7 seems to have!

May 10, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #1,603 of 1,922
Is it true that FH7 is just FA7 but with an additional DD driver?

May 11, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #1,604 of 1,922
Is it true that FH7 is just FA7 but with an additional DD driver?
Nope - not even close. FA7 = overly warm, too much lower mids and low bass. FH7 = surprisingly neutral and really well balanced.

May 11, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #1,605 of 1,922
Nope - not even close. FA7 = overly warm, too much lower mids and low bass. FH7 = surprisingly neutral and really well balanced.

Ah I see thank you, maybe I'll wait for the FH9 when they come out then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back