Fiio FT5
Nov 26, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #166 of 374
Does anyone think people’s reviews are often biased / hyperbolized by their own subconscious justification for spending money on them?
depends... some may try to like it. For folks who can has a 30 days evaulation period and be able to refund 100%, there is not a need to justifity any spending. I do have a 100% refund frm Amazon if I dont like it.

could you expand more into the sonic characteristics vs. the LCD X?
I dont have the LCD X with me to compare. From what I remember, the FT5 definately has more bass. So if you are thinking in terms of Prat. I will give it to LCD X. But for a pleasing tone that are generally like by the mass, the FT5 definately sound more pleasing. depends on what you are looking for..

In my personal opinion...depends on your personal taste, below are some samples which I expereince persnally.

If one is looking for a somewhat warmer presentation in a planar with wide and spacious headphone supported by good bass, and enogh treble to balance the bass with a mild V shape FR. Then this is the headphone where you value bass and treble more than vocal and doesnt give a dam about PRAT since it sounded so good already. Its a fun headhphone that is audiophile enough and dont go the extreme .Those who like the meze 109 pro will probaly love this headphone but without the sibilance.

For those who loves the warm signature of the old days that sounded like their vintage system and prefer a narrower soundstage, go for the HD660S2. Very good bass (not as much as FT5), and an excellent vocal reproduction follow up a little roll off high to warm things up and an acceptable PRAT. Also for die hard fans who luv the HD650 but needed more bass. The HD660S2 will make them very happy.

For those looking on the most accurate vocal reproduction with nothing added on the bass or treble and with very large soundstage and value accuracy above everything else - go for NDH 30. This headphones are used by matering enginners in studio to check their work. Nothing added.. Its pure and raw.

Then there are those who luvs the hifiman headphones, like the Arya or HE1000 but find the treble too hot and the bass too light, the FT5 will make you smile with a stronger bass presence that wont cross into the basshead territory. A treble that is natural that wont pierce you. You exchange it with the the excellent PRAT of hifiman for a warmer sound that is just as spacious. The hifiman will make the FT 5 sound dynamic... lol.

I can go on and on but I hope this helps.

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #167 of 374
depends... some may try to like it. For folks who can has a 30 days evaulation period and be able to refund 100%, there is not a need to justifity any spending. I do have a 100% refund frm Amazon if I dont like it.

I dont have the LCD X with me to compare. From what I remember, the FT5 definately has more bass. So if you are thinking in terms of Prat. I will give it to LCD X. But for a pleasing tone that are generally like by the mass, the FT5 definately sound more pleasing. depends on what you are looking for..

In my personal opinion...depends on your personal taste, below are some samples which I expereince persnally.

If one is looking for a somewhat warmer presentation in a planar with wide and spacious headphone supported by good bass, and enogh treble to balance the bass with a mild V shape FR. Then this is the headphone where you value bass and treble more than vocal and doesnt give a dam about PRAT since it sounded so good already. Its a fun headhphone that is audiophile enough and dont go the extreme .Those who like the meze 109 pro will probaly love this headphone but without the sibilance.

For those who loves the warm signature of the old days that sounded like their vintage system and prefer a narrower soundstage, go for the HD660S2. Very good bass (not as much as FT5), and an excellent vocal reproduction follow up a little roll off high to warm things up and an acceptable PRAT. Also for die hard fans who luv the HD650 but needed more bass. The HD660S2 will make them very happy.

For those looking on the most accurate vocal reproduction with nothing added on the bass or treble and with very large soundstage and value accuracy above everything else - go for NDH 30. This headphones are used by matering enginners in studio to check their work. Nothing added.. Its pure and raw.

Then there are those who luvs the hifiman headphones, like the Arya or HE1000 but find the treble too hot and the bass too light, the FT5 will make you smile with a stronger bass presence that wont cross into the basshead territory. A treble that is natural that wont pierce you. You exchange it with the the excellent PRAT of hifiman for a warmer sound that is just as spacious. The hifiman will make the FT 5 sound dynamic... lol.

I can go on and on but I hope this helps.
Nice comparisons! I was wondering how they would fit in with my 109 Pro's, HD660S2's, Focal Clear's (OG), etc.

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #169 of 374
First I was sure. Now I have doubts between the FT3 32ohm and the FT5. Sometimes I like high volume for a song and I don’t know if my hip dac 3 has enough juice.. also i’m getting iBasso SR2 vibes with the FT5. Don’t know why😬

Dec 1, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #171 of 374
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #173 of 374

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #175 of 374
Dec 13, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #179 of 374
Dec 14, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #180 of 374
If pleather pads prove better, I am out. I hate plastic pads 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back