[FIIO K11]Truly Balanced, Truly Brilliant! Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #121 of 158
I'm surprised there's no more users/reviews of the K11 here. It seems incredible value for money, looks gorgeous, is flexible and measures well. Perhaps it's too cheap to be taken seriously by audiophiles :relaxed:
I have the K11 and use it everyday - I think it is one of the best audiophile bargains you can get - decent power, good looks, lots of flexibility / settings and as you said measures well.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #122 of 158
I'm surprised there's no more users/reviews of the K11 here. It seems incredible value for money, looks gorgeous, is flexible and measures well. Perhaps it's too cheap to be taken seriously by audiophiles :relaxed:
Hmmmm I think it's still a bit of the shift in audio trend?

I feel like if this came out 1-2 years ago it probably would've blew up the market. 1-2 years ago was the peak of measuring gear LOL. Like everyone wanted neutral/linear amplifier that measure well. Schiit even made Magni Heresy to compete with the measuring amps.

Then later on people's taste shifted then everyone must have Harman Curve sounding gear lol. Which is a little bit bassier than neutral.

Then people want tube sounding gear like Magni Piety.

But I do agree the form factor and design and price point is spot on, I was very tempted to buy one except I figure the sound might not fit my taste lol.

My friend lend me his FiiO K7 with the THX amp and I listened for 5 min then put it back to the box and never looked at it again LOL.

Not saying it's wrong to like this unit, but just different taste. Some like neutral some don't. I kinda..... don't...... LOL.

Hope this makes sense.:stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Oh there is also an over saturation of neutral gear that measure well.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #123 of 158
I’m trying to pick K11 and the Topping DX3 Pro+. I can buy the Topping used in good condition for the same price of the K11. My main headphones are my cult favorite Audeze Sine.

Here are the specs for the Sine.
Are there any differences in sound profile between the K11 and DX3? Better to get one over the other?

Attachments

• IMG_3435.jpeg
    IMG_3435.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #124 of 158
Some interesting news from Fiio, amongst them a K11 R2R (Special Edition) which, I assume, relates to the current Desktop style K11, discussed in this thread. Expected sometime this year. Also a new 'flagship' K19, probably also in the new form factor.

https://twitter.com/FIIO_official/status/1750723425986081142

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #125 of 158
Some interesting news from Fiio, amongst them a K11 R2R (Special Edition) which, I assume, relates to the current Desktop style K11, discussed in this thread. Expected sometime this year. Also a new 'flagship' K19, probably also in the new form factor.

https://twitter.com/FIIO_official/status/1750723425986081142
LOL the timing of this is crazy.

Just when I was saying I like the form factor and the design. But I'm generally not too interested in neutral sounding gear, then they decide to release the news about a R2R version.

If they do end up releasing it then I'm definitely interested. :relaxed::thumbsup:

EDIT: R2R generally don't measure well but sound more organic and natural as oppose to delta sigma based solution.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #126 of 158
It sounds small and feeble. It sounds clean once you turn off filtering, but that's the only upside. I was not impressed. An atom stack is immensely better. I'm not going to pretend I liked something when something else marginally more money to anyone in the states is a better buy.
I think it sounds great. No difference between my k7. How do you “turn off filtering” tho? I don’t see an option

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #128 of 158
I’m trying to pick K11 and the Topping DX3 Pro+. I can buy the Topping used in good condition for the same price of the K11. My main headphones are my cult favorite Audeze Sine.

Here are the specs for the Sine.
Are there any differences in sound profile between the K11 and DX3? Better to get one over the other?
I haven't used either but the majority of descriptions for sound of the Topping seem to be of a somewhat thin signature whereas the Fiio is described as neutral but not thin.

Having said that it never seizes to surprise me how certain reviews seem to directly oppose each other.

I am tempted to try a K11 for my humble collection so that I can use the Mojo2 as a permanent fixture in my speaker system ( and perhaps try the SE R2R version when it is released)

Happy to test that for you Fiio ... .

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #131 of 158
I’ve just bought the K11, and really enjoying it so far. It’s my first headphone amp.

I’ve got a (probably silly) question about connecting it to a PC monitor. I use two different computers (a Mac and a Steam Deck) on my monitor and have a pair of active speakers (Alessis M1 Active) that I want to use for the audio output, whether music, video or gaming. I‘d hoped to be able to simply connect the monitor to the Fiio and then whatever sound I route out from the monitor would go to the Fiio and on to the speakers. Monitor has a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio out. Is there any way to do this? Or am I going to have to connect via USB to whichever device I‘m using instead?

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #132 of 158
I’ve just bought the K11, and really enjoying it so far. It’s my first headphone amp.

I’ve got a (probably silly) question about connecting it to a PC monitor. I use two different computers (a Mac and a Steam Deck) on my monitor and have a pair of active speakers (Alessis M1 Active) that I want to use for the audio output, whether music, video or gaming. I‘d hoped to be able to simply connect the monitor to the Fiio and then whatever sound I route out from the monitor would go to the Fiio and on to the speakers. Monitor has a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio out. Is there any way to do this? Or am I going to have to connect via USB to whichever device I‘m using instead?
No, K11 only has three digital inputs and three analog outputs, one (line out) for an external amplifier and two for headphones. No way to connect the monitor’s headphone output to the K11

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #134 of 158
Feb 23, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #135 of 158
Feedback please
Well, so far here are some of my thoughts:

• The unit has a good weight to it, I thought it might be too light on the desk, but it stays put. The rubber base helps a lot to keep it stable.
  • The power cable is a little short. The first section from the plug to the transformer is 18 inches, the second section is approx 3ft. I happened to have a longer first section replacement with a compatible plug, but if I didn't it would be a (minor) problem.
  • It comes with a short usb A to C cable and a 6.35mm adapter.
  • The RGB light on top is very nice, gives the unit some character. There are seven colours and a couple effects (cycle, pulse), brightness, etc. You can also turn it off.
  • I like the screen more than I thought I would. Not exactly unique and it's small, but it's functional. You can change the input (USB, optical, coaxial), gain (low/medium/high), line/headphone out, filters, USB mode, screen brightness and time out, RGB settings. You can update firmware and factory reset.
  • My unit came with firmware version 1.22, which I think is the latest one.
  • Holding down the knob for 4-5 seconds turns it off. Holding it for 3 seconds turns it on. Boot up takes approx 10 seconds. I think it's quick enough.
  • The knob it self is OK, the notches are easy to feel and significant so there are no mistakes when making inputs.
  • The only settings I can see changing regularly is gain and output, which are first and second in the menu. Dedicated switches would be better, but it's a few extra seconds, so not a big deal.
  • The filters are the same as the Fiio KA11, I think they share a similar DAC. The default is the same as well (filter 3). I've tried the other filters but I can't tell the difference so I've left it on 3.
  • The sound is remarkably similar to the KA11, if you like one, you'll almost certainly like the other. It also means if you don't like one, don't bother trying the other. I think they compliment each other well, the total price for both is remarkably low and both my portable and desktop needs are taken care of.
  • The sound is very good, I think setting a new standard of what we should expect from budget audio.
  • My two headphones (Hifiman HE-R9, Ultrasone Signature Pure) and one IEM (QKZ x HBB Khan) all require similar levels of power and aren't that difficult to drive (60 and 32ohms for the headphones, 10ohms for the IEMs). I use medium gain at around 50-70 volume, out of 99, high gain knocks this down to 30-40. So the K11 has plenty of power for me.
  • The line out works well enough for my basic desktop speakers. The DAC is several orders of magnitude better than onboard motherboard audio.
There's not much else to say, I highly recommend the K11 if you are looking for a budget, high quality, desktop dac/amp that punches way above it's weight.

(My phone camera has changed the beautiful red 'FIIO' light below to a weird orange, it looks much better in person)
DSC_0403-c.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back