[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #2,554 of 2,560
Is there a better alternative to this product now? Is Fiio working on an updated version?
The ifi Go Pods. They are definitely better in my opinion. Better sound overall. Cons is the price $399 compared to the FIio although you can't really find them anywhere. Also the Go Pods case is quite large not meant for a pants pocket.

May 24, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #2,560 of 2,560
Hi everybody, (very) long time I didn't came to see what's news on this thread (and on HeadFi forum also). I'm going to reread the previous pages to see if I find anything of interest to me.

I've been interested in this product for a few years now, but I hadn't buy it because it's wasn't necessary for me, I listen music on my DAP (Cowon Plenue D, still work great since 2016), with wired earphones/headphones. But for spend calls and communicate on my smartphone and my computers, I always wanted a bluetooth device, not a simple wireless earpiece, or a wireless headphones (to heavy for me and too big).

The market of the wireless earphones is better now in 2024, may be one day I will buy a Sony WF-1000XM5 if I can have it at a really good price (less than 200€) or the next version may be, I already have a Jabra Elite 85t, bought it because his price was very low (135€ with the wireless charger). One thing I don't like on most wireless earphone is they dont have hook for ears, I will never understand this.

But this wireless earphones aren't universal, the FiiO UTWS5 is a good invention for me, you can convert your wired earphones (universal or custom IEM) into a wireless earphones, and I already have some universal IEM (Westone UM Pro 10, Thomann the t.bone EP6, Shure SE215, Sennheiser IE 40 Pro, Panasonic RP-HJE900-K, Meze Rai Solo, and FiiO FH3), I will buy anothers later.

I finally decided to buy this FiiO UTWS5 yestearday, a "v2" furthermore (not a real evolution, just some minor adjustments), with MMCX connectors of course, luckily I can found it in stock (very difficult to find it nowadays, also on Aliexpress), on FiiO Shop DE (UE seller, better for me, I live in France), not to expansive (140€, taxes and shipping cost included), I will received it Monday (thanks to the DHL express shipping).

Can't wait to received it and test it in comparaison to my Jabra Elite 85t, the lack of ANC on this FiiO UTWS5 is not a problem for me, the battery life is thus not impacted.

Too bad FiiO don't make a new version, more modern, with a new chip for a better sound quality, and higher BT version, and why not ANC or better battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back