Fiio X3 2nd Generation Australasian Tour
Mar 20, 2015 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
Hi everyone.

This thread is to track the review unit I have while it zips around Australasia, and provide an area for feedback and to link your reviews.

TOUR PARTICIPANTS

Participants in the tour, and tour order is as follows:

• Brooko - Paul - Invercargill NZ : Status *review here* - shipped
  • piksnz - Sayan - Auckland NZ : Status -> *review here* - shipped
  • daduy - Yudi - Wellington NZ : Status -> *review here*shipped
  • fnkcow - Kevin - Perth WA -> *review here* - shipped
  • Loquah - Lachlan - Melbourne VIC -> *review here* - shipped
  • no5ey - Noah - Sydney NSW -> Review to come - shipped
  • Svyr - Vlad - Sydney NSW -> *review here* - shipped
  • h20fidelity - Luke - Sydney NSW -> *review here*

TOUR RULES

• Treat the gear with respect.  I know you will - but stating it up front.
  • On receipt of unit, you need to advise (in this thread), then take around 5 days to listen to and thoroughly test the X3ii. During (or at the completion of) your time with the X3ii - feel free to post impressions in this thread - then also post a review of the X3ii in the X3ii product page. I'd like to think we can all do this reasonably well - as most of you are pretty good at reviewing by now - and the whole purpose of this exercise is the actual review.  It doesn't have to be a book.
  • At the completion - you send the X3ii (carefully packaged) to the next person on the tour. At the very least, the package should be tracked.
  • For this unit - I have provided a 64Gb micro SD - and it's populated with:
    [a] My test tracks in lossless
    Test tones - for volume matching if you need them
    [c] A couple of albums in both DSD and also resampled to redbook (so you can compare
    [d] One full Dylan album - with each track a different format - ranging from hi-res to lossy, and all different containers
    [e] A folder with the DAC driver zipped

I'd then invite each member to add some of their own albums as the tour progresses - so that all of us may get the chance to try some music we haven't heard before - just an added bonus. If you like any of the albums you hear - please buy them (support the artists).  Any music that goes on from me is legally purchased.

If you have any questions - please let me know via PM or in this thread.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 35
My review completed and is here : http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/12744

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 35
Guys, I'm going to add one more Kiwi to the list.  He's also in Auckland so will slot in behind Sayan.  List has been amended.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 35
My pleasure.  I hope you all enjoy this little beauty as much as I have.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 35
Hi all

Just an update.  Was advised this morning that @Allucid (Scott) has been banned for incoimplete trades.  X3ii is in transit to him.  I've contacted Yudi to see if we can get courier company to stop delivery and reroute it to @fnkcow (Kevin).

Will advise when I hear back from Yudi.

Just in case - if anyone has Scott's phone number and email - would you mind PMing me?  This is my tour unit with my included SDXC card.  I don't want to see it disappear ......

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 35
Further update - back on track.  Hopefully the X3ii will be with Kevin in Perth either later today, or worst case Tuesday.  One I got the right people at NZ Post and DHL, the response has been really good.

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 35
Great news Kevin - thanks mate!  Enjoy 
smile.gif

May 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #12 of 35
And here's my impression of the X3II:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13050

It was a great little unit.
Thanks very much for including me in the tour!

May 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #13 of 35
Thanks Kevin and Yudi.  Lachlan - you're up next :)

May 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 35
Svyr (Vlad) added in place of DJScope (Igor)

May 16, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #15 of 35
Hi all, my review is completed and posted both here and on my blog (slightly extended on my blog). I got a bit swamped this week so haven't had a chance to post the X3 to no5ey yet, but will Express it on Monday to make up for the delay.

In short, the X3ii is incredible! I'm seriously impressed at how far FiiO have come since the original X3 and even since the X5 it seems.

Here's my Head-Fi review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back