Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #6,211 of 6,223
Just had a nice long conversation with Bogdan. I noticed he shared the same last name as the people from 64 audio and he confirmed they are the same family. These sure appear on paper to be my end game IEM ( I only get universals and they are not available yet) . Extra bass is achieved through the placement of the bass drivers (into the shell as opposed to outward) Bogdam says the bass in these is unreal. Full and impactfull with a tactile feel to them yet it won't interfere with the highs. The non elctrostat tweeter is actually a Tia driver with it's cover. He said they will soon be offering a try out tour for us head-fier's. I know of ten local members who will be all over these. Time to start selling blood.... or at least my U18t's :). Universals can not be customized with art and the placement of the Atom vent will be in the back. I sure wish I could drive somewhere to hear these TODAY as they represent a new apex in headphone technology. The fircon (name changed and I did not take good enough notes) cable connector is indeed for durability which is a big problem in the pro audio world from what I am told. Some companies using 2 pin have a two to four month use life before they break.

I am trying desperately to get a hold of one to compare with the other TOL IEM's I now have and have a shoot out....
How does one get on the tour list? I am literally 30 mins from Fir HQ in NW USA. :) had a good connection with Cody but he has since left the company :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #6,212 of 6,223
Any new flagships from FiR on the horizon? Loving the Rn6 and the entire Frontier Series, but also wondering what comes next in summit-fi.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #6,213 of 6,223
I got my first CIEM today. Fit on my right ear is great but left ear is little tight. There are some hot spots coming, is it normal and gets better with time? Also I’m facing issue in taking out the IEM. The left one seals so tight that I have to pull my ear to break the seal and then only I’m able to rotate and take it out. Does it need refit or something that is part and parcel of initial weeks with CIEM.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #6,214 of 6,223
I got my first CIEM today. Fit on my right ear is great but left ear is little tight. There are some hot spots coming, is it normal and gets better with time? Also I’m facing issue in taking out the IEM. The left one seals so tight that I have to pull my ear to break the seal and then only I’m able to rotate and take it out. Does it need refit or something that is part and parcel of initial weeks with CIEM.
How long did they take before you got it back? 🙂

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #6,215 of 6,223
Any new flagships from FiR on the horizon? Loving the Rn6 and the entire Frontier Series, but also wondering what comes next in summit-fi.
If the XE6 is K2, the RN6 is Everest, Where is there to go from here 🤭

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #6,216 of 6,223

Hello twist to insert and twist to remove is normal because of ear anatomy and to avoid stress on the connectors. See YouTube video from clear tune monitors (mute the music if you are in a public place)

A perfect fit should mean a perfect seal. Isolation from external sound. No feeling of pressure anywhere. No jaw or head movement breaks the seal.

I personally draw a distinction between discomfort and pain - labels have subjective meanings though. Once your ears have gotten used to a CIEM then discomfort 'should' go away. May have to allow a couple days of initial use. If there is immediate pain then chances are the pain in that place will remain so the hotspot or excess needs shaving or some other adjustment. Discuss it with and let the manufacturer deal with that, it is the purpose of being in the fit guarantee window and they are experts. A fit adjustment may seem like hassle, which it kinda is, it is ultimately for long term gain

Everyone's anatomy is different (see the sticky thread). I suggest trying the ultra widest mouth test. For example my 'issue' is the opposite my left ear is apparently unable to get a perfect physical impression no matter what, I know to ask manufacturers to build up the left canal when making the CIEM

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #6,217 of 6,223
If the XE6 is K2, the RN6 is Everest, Where is there to go from here 🤭
I guess there is a reason Firry is wearing a space suit - to boldly go where no IEM has gone before - space, the final frontier?

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #6,218 of 6,223
I guess there is a reason Firry is wearing a space suit - to boldly go where no IEM has gone before - space, the final frontier?
*looks at my CAPT Picard and CAPT Kirk action figures next to my Star Wars LEGOs* Damnit. You're right.

Edit: my uncle from Vegas gave them to me as they were collecting dust 🤣I am a huge fan of TNG though. Will never forget that intro monologue.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #6,219 of 6,223
How does one get on the tour list? I am literally 30 mins from Fir HQ in NW USA. :) had a good connection with Cody but he has since left the company :frowning2:
You can stop by our showroom and listen. Just give us a heads up when you would like to stop by.

FIR Audio Stay updated on FIR Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.firaudio.com/
Apr 19, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #6,220 of 6,223
Saw some discussion here recommending the ifi go blu for the frontier series. I would stay far away. Way too much hiss coming from the go blu to work with a sensitive IEM like these. No issue on my Monarch MK3 but I get a massive hiss with my KR5.

I would suggest the Astell and Kern BT1 if you like the go blu form factor but want something for the frontier series. No hiss whatsoever.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #6,221 of 6,223
Hi

I just get XE6 and would like to know how to remove ATOM easily. Can I use 0.9mm Hex to do this? Does this one work? Thks in advance.
1713887563239.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #6,222 of 6,223
It's been two weeks and the e10 Custom is impressing the hell out of me. The headroom is pretty good. There's lots of space for lots of spatial cues, without them getting cluttered.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #6,223 of 6,223

Users who are viewing this thread

Back