Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #2,476 of 2,598
I'd like to try FA-12 and support my compatriots. Let's see when they are able to resume production.

Jan 19, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #2,477 of 2,598
Hi Fluxworld.
I have a Susvara paired with a Volot, but i suppose this question would apply to any headphone/headphone amp pairing.
If using the balanced-in connections on the back, should one 'automatically'/by default be using the balanced-out jack on the front for better sound quality or other reasons? Is there a gold standard?
I tried A/Bing with Susvara's 2 stock cables (balanced + single end), played a few tracks i know really well, but could not pick up on any difference (or so it felt).
Any thoughts, insights or tips? Cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #2,478 of 2,598
I wouldn’t sweat it. Generally the advantage one gains using the balanced output of a headphone amplifier is a significant power increase. The Volot however outputs the same amount of power through all of its headphone outs and if my memory serves that applies to all the amps Flux makes.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #2,479 of 2,598
I wouldn’t sweat it. Generally the advantage one gains using the balanced output of a headphone amplifier is a significant power increase. The Volot however outputs the same amount of power through all of its headphone outs and if my memory serves that applies to all the amps Flux makes.
That was exactly my impression. Thanks for this. I was wondering if i 'needed' to get a new balanced aftermarket cable. Currently using a single-ended Lazuli Reference which i like very much.

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #2,480 of 2,598
Got my F10LE, and listening 2 days non-stop :)
So far pleased with the sound, need more time to run all my test tracks

Jan 19, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,481 of 2,598
Which headphones have you tried with it?

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #2,482 of 2,598

we demand more deets, давай вже

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #2,483 of 2,598

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,484 of 2,598
Which headphones have you tried with it?
Hd800, jvc10k, Kennerton Rig and Headd
Sounds amazing, amazing body and mids in general, this is the most important factor for me
No even small hiss with iems
Works with Gustard r26, love this pair
There is no crystal, crispy treble but the treble has attenuation that my brain can name as absolutely correct

Attachments

• 293DE8D4-0FFB-4A43-A357-77623F8D7C8C.jpeg
    293DE8D4-0FFB-4A43-A357-77623F8D7C8C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #2,485 of 2,598
I would like to read comparative listening impressions about the following if related write-ups do exist : FA-10 vs FA-10LE vs Volot.

I just think the claims that are being made about each of them call for independent comparative assessments in order to get some idea as to how they pan out when the rubber meets the road. In the meantime if any professional reviews of the FA-10LE are out yet, I'd like to know about them as well. Many thanks in advance fo any helpful suggestions or pointers.

Happy New Year to y'all Flux Labs fans.

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #2,487 of 2,598
And?? More information please. Thinking of ordering the FA10LE while I still can. What headphones are you using, sound characteristics? What headlamp^^ were you using previously. Thanks
^^ Mono or stereo? 😂:
16EF6F0D-4A6C-4ABA-A58A-818AA1A1598D.jpeg

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #2,489 of 2,598
And?? More information please. Thinking of ordering the FA10LE while I still can. What headphones are you using, sound characteristics? What headamp were you using previously. Thanks
2 posts above are my impressions and my gear
I’m from the world of portable daps and iems so can't compare it with a previous desktop system. I can add only that I'm satisfied with the detail retrieval
As I said the most important thing for me is a mid-range and here it's just perfect for my taste. I don't like overemphasizing lows, especially on mid-bass and here bass is well-controlled, and pairing with my r2r DAC gives perfect layering and no signs of bloomy bass
It has no coloration on the timbre and overall I can say that is a natural way of music playback
Apart from music, it's pairing good even with iems
Has an emmm, a utilitarian look 🔌 but the build is solid.
Miss only remote controller because use 4m cable with my headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #2,490 of 2,598
2 posts above are my impressions and my gear
I’m from the world of portable daps and iems so can't compare it with a previous desktop system. I can add only that I'm satisfied with the detail retrieval
As I said the most important thing for me is a mid-range and here it's just perfect for my taste. I don't like overemphasizing lows, especially on mid-bass and here bass is well-controlled, and pairing with my r2r DAC gives perfect layering and no signs of bloomy bass
It has no coloration on the timbre and overall I can say that is a natural way of music playback
Apart from music, it's pairing good even with iems
Has an emmm, a utilitarian look 🔌 but the build is solid.
Miss only remote controller because use 4m cable with my headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back