Focal Arche: Anyone compared to other options in its price range?
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #286 of 362
Yes, I knew to hold the home button for 3 seconds but then read to actually bring the remote to the front of the screen and that did the trick.

So I don’t know if it just needed to warm up but I played this album I’ve heard a lot that has really good bass and rich mids and sounded great on the Naim. The album is “The Party” by Andy Shauf. I also compared roon against Qobuz playing from Naim itself. They sounded just about the same with maybe roon sounding better. Didn’t care much for Naim’s Qobuz interface. Kind of slow.

I wasn’t sure if should be posting all about the Naim in the Focal Arche thread but it’s actually about comparing to others in similar price range. And mentioned Focal Arche could cost more with expensive transport or streamer especially if someone paid full price of $2500. I plan to put mine up for sale at a very good price.
Yes, i read your review on the Naim forum also. Good luck in selling the Arche, think i'll hang on to mine. Anyway it would be a bit difficult trying to sell something that may or may not connect to a source with that flaw. But just recently it's connecting first time so it's been behaving and i'm pleased about that.

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #288 of 362
Understood, but if you count toslink as a connection then the Arche did have an issue with that as well, even analogue was an issue for me. No such problems with the Atom HE.
I’d like to understand specifically the issues you encountered with toslink and analog. The USB issue is well known. I’ve not heard of any connection issues otherwise.

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #290 of 362
The issue with toslink and analogue is exactly the same as with USB (for me).
So for analog you would select that as the (input) and not get any sound? After a powercycle it works? Sorry for the extra questions. I understand the USB issue but have not heard of anyone having an issue with analog.

Jun 10, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #293 of 362
You might want to see if the warranty will cover repair or replacement. Seems most people just had minor handshake issues.
You know i've been using my mac to kick start it to make it go and just lately it's been working great. Because of what you just said, i thought i would give it another go. I've just been using my Atom HE and i just plugged the headphones into the Arche and plugged it straight into the Astell &Kern SP1000 and it connected. A couple of months ago there was no way it would have connected first time, very strange. I think the Naim must have gave it a good talking to. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #294 of 362
FINALLY!!.. I got a reply from support.tech@focal.com though it isn’t much help and i’m not much the wiser… Dear Mr Johnson,
First of all, we are sorry for the unusual delay in responding, we are currently facing a large number of requests, so thank you for your interest in Focal.
At this time we are not in a position to confirm this point
I hope this helps - let me know if you need any further info.
Regards
Jonathan
Service consommateur/Support technique

108, rue de l’Avenir - BP374 - 42353 La Talaudiere CEDEX - France
08-26-10-11-82 (0,15cts/min) du Lundi au Vendredi de 14h à 17h
www.focal.com

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #295 of 362
That is not acceptable for a company as large as Focal, it is a great amp, but can be a serious pain to connect to. When I first contacted Focal they told me they were "aware of the fault" which led me to believe they were working on it.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #296 of 362
Following this thread as a new Arche owner. The only handshake issues for me from a Windows pc via usb is the Arche needs to be out of sleep mode before the pc is turned on. If I forget, a pc reboot fixes it.

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #297 of 362
Following this thread as a new Arche owner. The only handshake issues for me from a Windows pc via usb is the Arche needs to be out of sleep mode before the pc is turned on. If I forget, a pc reboot fixes it.

Have you tried shutting off the the sleep mode and just leaving it always on? And with a streamer, if I started it before it was out of sleep, just disconnecting usb and plugging back in fixed it.

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #298 of 362
Have you tried shutting off the the sleep mode and just leaving it always on? And with a streamer, if I started it before it was out of sleep, just disconnecting usb and plugging back in fixed it.
Thanks, I will try that. I've only had it for one day so far. So lots of testing & listening to do.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #299 of 362
I never struggled with this on mine, i was into a Macbook pro via AudioQuest Cinnamon cable and it just always worked... Im sure the latest firmware fixed this?
EliteAudio have a good as brand new one now which is a bargain for someone wanting one, i saw yesterday as i was after some Focal speakers... I wish id known when i spent £2400 on mine, its a £1000 saving!

https://www.eliteaudiouk.com/produc...-focal-arche-dac-headphone-amplifier-rrp-2495

Nov 24, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #300 of 362
I never struggled with this on mine, i was into a Macbook pro via AudioQuest Cinnamon cable and it just always worked... Im sure the latest firmware fixed this?
EliteAudio have a good as brand new one now which is a bargain for someone wanting one, i saw yesterday as i was after some Focal speakers... I wish id known when i spent £2400 on mine, its a £1000 saving!

https://www.eliteaudiouk.com/produc...-focal-arche-dac-headphone-amplifier-rrp-2495
Write up infers its second hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back