Focal Arche: Anyone compared to other options in its price range?
Nov 28, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #61 of 362
Saw a very good black Friday price on this.
I do not have a Focal headphone yet but it should work well with others as well.
Can't wait to see this in action.

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #62 of 362
Addicted to audio (Aus) has a deal on this at the moment, $1,500 off! Super tempted. Ultimately for me though I think this would be more of a 'lust' item. I currently use my cans from my Motu M4 interface which is running my Focal Shape 50 studio monitors. Not sure how much better the Arche would take things for both cans/monitors for the $2.5k. Would be nice though!

Dec 5, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #63 of 362
After 8 hours of listening to the Arche, I understand why they had no issue pricing it so high and still sold a lot of them.

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #65 of 362
I might be the very few using this amp on a non focal pair of headphones :).

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #67 of 362
Indeed. I had the d9200 before I made the jump to Stellia last year. I still miss the bamboo cups, the soft leather and that stitching.

I actually tried the Utopia, Stelia, Elegia and Clear this summer before I pulled the trigger on the 9200.
I am no stranger to the Focal sound : the elegance, frequency separation and effortless reproduction demands a price and Focal delivers.
My Arias are superior to the Denon. Even so, for headphones, I have a weakness for the Denon sound. I also found the bass more to my liking compared to the Utopia and Stellia. It might be biased as I abused a D2000 for 9 years :).

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #68 of 362
@Wishmaker, now that I'm also on the D9200/Arche train, do you have a preference for what Amplifier settings to use? With limited listening I haven't really found one to be very different to another yet, I'm guessing it needs some time. The only thing I've found out is the Voltage lends itself quite well to late evening listening.

Dec 7, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #69 of 362
I am actually working on my review for the combo. I already created the section for the Arche on the forums. I will try to finalise it in the next days as I have a bit of a hectic work schedule.

I also have a preference for the voltage setting as it makes the headphones punchier.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #70 of 362
Does anyone know where we could find old versions of the Firmware, I'm interested in trying out flashing one that is pre-power cycling issues.

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #71 of 362
I guess I should have saved somehow the original FW before updating via USB. I have a link to the latest FW from FOCAL.

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #72 of 362
I just bought this. Can you point me to the power cycling issues? I haven’t done any upgrades, but I’m assuming it has the latest FW?

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #74 of 362
Thank you. And there’s a power cycling issue with this?

Dec 8, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #75 of 362
I just bought this. Can you point me to the power cycling issues? I haven’t done any upgrades, but I’m assuming it has the latest FW?

The newest firmware adds Linux and Android support, however sometimes when my windows device goes to sleep it fails to connect with the Arche afterwards and it seems locked to 192k maximum. Both not really dealbreakers but inconvenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back