Football (Soccer) Fans Gather
Mar 16, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #481 of 532
quarter final of comebacks, 3-1 monaco v city (first leg, 5-3 city v monaco). monaco were pressing a high line, while city play with 5 offensive players up front. only one player defending the midfield. their defenders cannot find the playmakers to pass, they were all playing too high and pressed and marked tightly.. pep could just play a more balanced formation, or a defensive one and they could've progressed. dissapointing

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #482 of 532
  quarter final of comebacks, 3-1 monaco v city (first leg, 5-3 city v monaco). monaco were pressing a high line, while city play with 5 offensive players up front. only one player defending the midfield. their defenders cannot find the playmakers to pass, they were all playing too high and pressed and marked tightly.. pep could just play a more balanced formation, or a defensive one and they could've progressed. dissapointing

From a neutral fan's perspective (Chelsea fan) that was a heck of an entertaining game! 

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #483 of 532
Tried to watch a bit of rugby during the recent 6 Nations comp. How anyone can suggest this game is even a patch on football as a spectator sport is beyond me. It moves about a foot at a time, with endless mauls that keep breaking up and having to be re-organized by the ref. The rules are incomprehensible. The game doesn't flow at all and there is no possibility for moments of individual flare; it's just an attritional slog. The game I watched went into over 20 minutes of injury time a the end of the game. 20 minutes!! It basically just seemed to be as long as one team required in order to win the game and in the space of that 20 minutes, the ref brought it back to the same place about a dozen times. Farcical.

I'll stick to football in future...

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #485 of 532
You are allowed to kick forward but not throw forward in rugby? 

Football is incredibly booring to watch ice hockey is the ultimate public sport.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #486 of 532
  You are allowed to kick forward but not throw forward in rugby? 

That's correct.

And you can only tackle the player holding the ball... although I can think of a few people over the years who interpreted that rule fairly freely. 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #488 of 532
Mar 22, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #489 of 532
Any thoughts on Jurgen Klopp's annoyance at not being consulted by the Wales FA about Ben Woodburn's call up for the WC qualifier against Ireland? Is he right to be upset about it? I'm more annoyed by the fact that Woodburn is playing for Wales! He was born in Nottingham, lived all his life in England - how is he then eligible to play for Wales? (I know how, technically, but it's BS).

Big game against Germany tonight - not big from Germany's point of view, but I always relish this match-up!

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #491 of 532
Amid speculation that Wenger is about to sign a new 2-year contract Arsenal, I have to ask what does it take for this guy to get fired?! 10-2 aggregate mauling by Bayern Munich in the CL, humiliated on several occasions in the EPL this season with only an outside chance of making top 4. At any other club with aspirations of being among Europe's elite, his position would be untenable - especially given that half the fan base (probably more) think his time's long past up. I guess you have to conclude that Arsenal are no longer a top team. Stan Kroenke is just interested in making sure they're one of the most financially viable businesses in football, and to hell with trophies and fans.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #493 of 532
Looks like the sculptor travelled 20 years into the future and used Marco Reus as the model?

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #494 of 532
Great game today between Chelsea and Man City..............first half was wide open and chances galore.

The Blues hang on to maintain a 7 point lead in the title race...................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back