Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #15,496 of 18,765
Of all the headphones I’ve sold over the years, I often find myself missing the TH900 most some five odd years later.

In fact, with the new iteration of TH900s with removable cables, I considered getting back together.

She was calling me, but something inside me told me to wait. A point of hesitation. One that paid off.

Those emerald green TH900s.
Falling in love again, what am I to do.

Oct 9, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #15,497 of 18,765
Of all the headphones I’ve sold over the years, I often find myself missing the TH900 most some five odd years later.

In fact, with the new iteration of TH900s with removable cables, I considered getting back together.

She was calling me, but something inside me told me to wait. A point of hesitation. One that paid off.

What ? Green ?

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #15,499 of 18,765
From here: https://audio46.com/shop/fostex-th-900-mk2-limited-edition-emerald-green/

Like this:

IMG_0447.JPG

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #15,500 of 18,765
I would buy it but when they start selling extra connectirs so I can attach other cables onto it.

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #15,502 of 18,765
Apparently the green version is almost all spoken for at this point, according to Fostex reps. ;__;

Only a small batch was made, likely for RMAF and other shows.
I just noticed its sold out. I had the MKII but was impossible to use other cables on it due to its special connectors. So I ended up buying five MKI and put a different cable on each one.

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #15,504 of 18,765
the op returns :relaxed:

A lot has happened since my initial review, including a battle with cancer that left me with a reconstructed jaw. I get nerve pains whenever I wear most full sized headphones for more than ten minutes.

Also the landscape of this hobby is always changing. Back when I made this thread, the TH900 was clearly [to me and a few others at least] one of the best dynamic headphones on the market. Since then there have been some truly great contenders for the title: the Focal Utopia, ZMF Eikon, and now the Klipsch Heritage H3.

Yet here I am, coming back to what I consider to be my best head-fi piece. Coming back to the TH900, the Bordeaux Beauty. I’ve missed it.

With such a distinct personality, I find the TH900 both endearing and enduring. It also remains one of the more comfortable full sized headphones out there for me.

Gonna do whatever it takes to get my hands on an Emerald Enchantress.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #15,505 of 18,765
I just noticed its sold out. I had the MKII but was impossible to use other cables on it due to its special connectors. So I ended up buying five MKI and put a different cable on each one.

Five? Wow, that is dedication!

I love the marbled cups on your LA900.

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #15,506 of 18,765
Oct 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #15,507 of 18,765
A lot has happened since my initial review, including a battle with cancer that left me with a reconstructed jaw. I get nerve pains whenever I wear most full sized headphones for more than ten minutes.

Also the landscape of this hobby is always changing. Back when I made this thread, the TH900 was clearly [to me and a few others at least] one of the best dynamic headphones on the market. Since then there have been some truly great contenders for the title: the Focal Utopia, ZMF Eikon, and now the Klipsch Heritage H3.

Yet here I am, coming back to what I consider to be my best head-fi piece. Coming back to the TH900, the Bordeaux Beauty. I’ve missed it.

With such a distinct personality, I find the TH900 both endearing and enduring. It also remains one of the more comfortable full sized headphones out there for me.

Gonna do whatever it takes to get my hands on an Emerald Enchantress.

i think that the th900 has held its own. good luck with your quest.

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #15,508 of 18,765
it has been said here before and also at another headphone forum that the th900 benefits from tube amplification

They've been great with my Icon.

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #15,510 of 18,765

I have the same thing with the HD650. I think I’ve got rid of it 3 or 4 times now, only to replace it later.

I love the TH900 as well. Great headphone and was surprised that the first one didn’t have removeable cables; especially at the price it was going for.

I was tempted by the second version as well as a result. Not sure I like the green though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back