Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Dec 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 867
I have received my frogbeats C4 on thursday and I had been listening to them since friday and I have to say that the sound is amazing.

They are beautifully crafted just like all other owners had mentioned before
ksc75smile.gif

I am not really an expert on headphones just had listened before to shure 420, sony ex1000, ath m50 and some bose I am still learning about sound signatures and to listen to the details but here are some early impresions

C4 have the best bass of all the headphones I have heard it is very well controlled and it does not interfere with the mids, you can feel it when the song requires it and you don't need to crack up the volume to hear it

The mids and the highs are very clear its just like I am comparing an old tv against an hd one when I go back to my old headphones the only one that kind of keeps the pase is the ex1000 but it sounds thinner like the sound is lower and you need to increase the volume to catch the same amount of details of the C4 and of course the highs on the ex1000 are harsher than the C4 and on the bass section there is no comparison the C4 is better than the ex1000.

One amazing thing I have noticed about the C4 is that they just show you the music like it is, I mean if you are listening a song that is cold the C4 will sound cold but if the next track is a warmer song it will sound warm  ( perhaps this is the noobs way to explain neutral sound
bigsmile_face.gif
)

A note on the bass, I am using an  RSA SR-71B on single ended mode ( need to order the cable to test the balanced mode) so this could be affecting the bass performance since I have read on the forums that the RSA amps had very good bass.

And a question to the other owners that are out there, which is your favorite album to hear with the C4?

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #19 of 867
Love to see some pictures as well. These pique my interest so much, and yet so few have gotten them. Especially interested in seeing the shell colours in RL, under natural lighting. They look stunning in the photos.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #20 of 867
Quote:
I have received my frogbeats C4 on thursday and I had been listening to them since friday and I have to say that the sound is amazing.

They are beautifully crafted just like all other owners had mentioned before
ksc75smile.gif

I am not really an expert on headphones just had listened before to shure 420, sony ex1000, ath m50 and some bose I am still learning about sound signatures and to listen to the details but here are some early impresions

C4 have the best bass of all the headphones I have heard it is very well controlled and it does not interfere with the mids, you can feel it when the song requires it and you don't need to crack up the volume to hear it

The mids and the highs are very clear its just like I am comparing an old tv against an hd one when I go back to my old headphones the only one that kind of keeps the pase is the ex1000 but it sounds thinner like the sound is lower and you need to increase the volume to catch the same amount of details of the C4 and of course the highs on the ex1000 are harsher than the C4 and on the bass section there is no comparison the C4 is better than the ex1000.

One amazing thing I have noticed about the C4 is that they just show you the music like it is, I mean if you are listening a song that is cold the C4 will sound cold but if the next track is a warmer song it will sound warm  ( perhaps this is the noobs way to explain neutral sound
bigsmile_face.gif
)

A note on the bass, I am using an  RSA SR-71B on single ended mode ( need to order the cable to test the balanced mode) so this could be affecting the bass performance since I have read on the forums that the RSA amps had very good bass.

And a question to the other owners that are out there, which is your favorite album to hear with the C4?

I have been very busy lately so didn't have time to join the discussion on this thread.
It's great to see another one enjoying them. The bass of the C4 out of my Iphone 5 is extremely impactful and focus. It's more impactful and hit lower than my TG334! eventhough the bass quantity is less than the 334.

The song i like to listen to on the C4 is this :

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #21 of 867
Here are some pictures I just take, the finish is very polished so It actually looks like crystal  and gets finger prints all over it 
bigsmile_face.gif
,  I tried to clean them before the photos but it seems I didn't make it very well
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #22 of 867
Still impresed with the C4, the only drawback of the C4 is that most of your other headphones will sound awful in comparison after you get used to the sound of  C4

You should try "James Horner - You don't dream in cryo "

I will try to get the Gladiator OST and I will let you know how does it sound on the C4

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #23 of 867
Quote:
Still impresed with the C4, the only drawback of the C4 is that most of your other headphones will sound awful in comparison after you get used to the sound of  C4

You should try "James Horner - You don't dream in cryo "

I will try to get the Gladiator OST and I will let you know how does it sound on the C4

Movie, Game and Anime OST all sound crazily real on this thing :wink:)

Waiting for HideousPrice's impression :)

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #24 of 867
Received them today and am extremely impressed with them so far.

Will have pictures soon. ^^ Will likely do a full review after I familiarize myself with the sound.

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #25 of 867
why don't you email david and ask for the demo :wink:) ???

I've emailed twice now and still no reply which is a shame, looks like I'll be buying elsewhere then.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #28 of 867
He usually replies to emails. Recently I think something broke down, and they were fixing it. And because only David (owner) answers the emails, mine has been unanswered for about a week. They apparently just don't have enough people, as it is a small company. Just got a reply now from him though. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #29 of 867
Yeah I've checked my spam folder. But I'll give it another go, maybe it just got missed somewhere along the line or as you say perhaps he is just running a little behind. I'm guessing the run up to Xmas is a pretty busy time for any company. I'll keep you posted.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #30 of 867
David replies email.

Just got a response a few hours ago about my special order for C5 which should be delivered by Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back