Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #50,402 of 62,764
I've seen comment after comment complaining about the noise cancellation of the Nuratrue Pro but I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. This blocks out more than most buds I've used. I feel like the "ANC over everything else" camp are a very vocal minority of users, ironic really.

First of all. How many planes are you catching? I do like 15 a year and have never used anc, engine noise is relaxing, and if you don't like sleeping then turn the music up.

Secondly, I have a newborn that we play, you guessed it, Brown noise to all night, just used the Nuratrue Pro for the first time near the speaker and it blocked the entire thing out. It also passes the baby crying test (as much as a bit can).

Thirdly, as a philosophy, I find it a luxury to be able to block out the noise of the world that we all help create. The world has noise, go scuba diving if you want to get away from it. No one in the iem world complains about anc and they pay 10 x the amount.

Anyway, rant over, have more impressions coming soon but was just shocked how much dirt people were giving the ANC of these.

*not directed at anyone here, there's just a vibe in the air.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #50,403 of 62,764
Just got my hands on the campfire orbit.

zcDOgtI.jpg

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #50,404 of 62,764
I've seen comment after comment complaining about the noise cancellation of the Nuratrue Pro but I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. This blocks out more than most buds I've used. I feel like the "ANC over everything else" camp are a very vocal minority of users, ironic really.

First of all. How many planes are you catching? I do like 15 a year and have never used anc, engine noise is relaxing, and if you don't like sleeping then turn the music up.

Secondly, I have a newborn that we play, you guessed it, Brown noise to all night, just used the Nuratrue Pro for the first time near the speaker and it blocked the entire thing out. It also passes the baby crying test (as much as a bit can).

Thirdly, as a philosophy, I find it a luxury to be able to block out the noise of the world that we all help create. The world has noise, go scuba diving if you want to get away from it. No one in the iem world complains about anc and they pay 10 x the amount.

Anyway, rant over, have more impressions coming soon but was just shocked how much dirt people were giving the ANC of these.

I just did a couple of two-hour flights using the Nuratrue Pro, and the ANC actually really surprised me. Their recent firmware update has really cleaned it up. I use aftermarket Comply foam and the large wings, so I already have a tight seal, but even with no music playing the engine noise was dulled considerably through the ANC. Then once the music starts, forget about it.

I'm using a Motorola 30 Edge Ultra with Snapdragon Sound, so I downloaded a bunch of Tidal albums and it's the best plane experience for music I've had and I own the Sony XM4 over-ear headphones. The Nuratrue Pro have a wider lead on music sound quality than Sony do on ANC. Sure, they're not super comfortable for long periods, but they're fine with a little adjustment from time to time. The smaller Trues I could wear all day and go for runs with them. I'll still use them for exercise I think. But the Pros are stunning.

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #50,405 of 62,764
Just got my hands on the campfire orbit.

zcDOgtI.jpg
Curious if any of you all new purchasers have ghost taps like I did. My replacement will be here tomorrow, but so worried it'll happen again.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #50,406 of 62,764
Curious if any of you all new purchasers have ghost taps like I did. My replacement will be here tomorrow, but so worried it'll happen again.
Only time I experienced ghost taps was when wearing the hood up on a hoodie. Seems to be a problem with all touch control buds.
I had connection issues. Often I would only get audio out of one side or they would disconnect. Then I would have to place then both back in the case and once removed things were fine again. So I contacted CA and have a replacement pair on the way.

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #50,407 of 62,764
My only problem has been the need to manually connect in Bluetooth (usually I find there’s a connection instead to one of my auto-connection hogs like the xm4). There’s also been my funky issue of only being able to open the app when on Wi-Fi. I have lots of access to Wi-Fi but still it’s kinda weird

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #50,409 of 62,764
Only time I experienced ghost taps was when wearing the hood up on a hoodie. Seems to be a problem with all touch control buds.
I had connection issues. Often I would only get audio out of one side or they would disconnect. Then I would have to place then both back in the case and once removed things were fine again. So I contacted CA and have a replacement pair on the way.
Odd, I never have the issue with my hood up et al, I even lay on my side with touch sensor buds with no issues. Literally NOTHING was touching the Orbit and I was randomly pausing, playing, skipping. Drove me nuts. Fingers crossed we both fare well on the next go around :beerchug:

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #50,410 of 62,764

NTP's ANC is good. To me, NTP's ANC is better than Free byrd/Yamaha TW-E7B/TWX9/MTW3/JVC fw1000t. Which are brands focus on developing headphones.
Not mentioning Sony/Samsung/Airpods coz I have already wasted too many years on those mainstream brand headphones, so their ANC doesn't matter to me. Plus they produce home appliances and lot more other products, they dont depend on headphones, hence they dont put as much effort as headphone-only brands do. Maybe they make some ultra high-end models to prove their capability but for entry level products, its just their cash cow.
Of all headphones I have used including over ears, only Bose has better ANC, which is their strength as always.
NTP's ANC is something I can confidently say, it makes significant difference, when you turn it on. Some TWS I have mentioned, they barely make difference. Only Bose can create a "vacuum effect", like you are staying in a room with zero noise.
Talking about the function, transparent mode is more useful than ANC to me, because earphones block out some noises by correct sealing already, and if you have music on, it blocks more.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #50,411 of 62,764
Not sure if anyone else got this (check your email), but I just got an email from Bowers & Wilkins to buy the PI7 S2 for 30% off starting tomorrow 1/25 - which is launch day. Reads like the code is targeted to me, so I can't share it.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #50,412 of 62,764
Not sure if anyone else got this (check your email), but I just got an email from Bowers & Wilkins to buy the PI7 S2 for 30% off starting tomorrow 1/25 - which is launch day. Reads like the code is targeted to me, so I can't share it.
Thanks for the heads up…looks like if you’ve bought the first gen you get an offer code. Of course they don’t tell you how much it costs, just that it’s 30% off. Assume same 399?

Edit: looks like it’s good for the PI5 2 also.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #50,413 of 62,764
Thanks for the heads up…looks like if you’ve bought the first gen you get an offer code. Of course they don’t tell you how much it costs, just that it’s 30% off. Assume same 399?
Yeah, pretty sure it'll be the same price.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #50,415 of 62,764
According to some folks on reddit, it looks like some new colors in addition to some beefier features. Not sure how true the articles were, but looks positive outside of meh battery life. We shall see.
Yeah, saw that. I mean, 5 hours is fine for me here. If they fixed the connection issues, that'd be great. I really did like them. Ugh, already getting a wild hair. Anyone know a good tech addiction therapist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back