Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 19, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #46,187 of 62,926
1more Evo. Excellent sound quality as reviewed everywhere. The armature and dynamic driver has great synergy. The case is small and has wireless charging. Hope a new firmware can enable single tap to add more functions. When using one earbud only, the stereo mix doesn't get combined into a single channel.

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_191136.jpg
    IMG_20220619_191136.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220619_191146.jpg
    IMG_20220619_191146.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #46,188 of 62,926
Whoa! Is it a TWS version of the A8000?
Supposed to improve on the ZE3000. If you have those expectations you will no doubt be at least a bit disappointed. The ZE3000 was trying to be as good as the E3000 but wireless.

Jun 19, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #46,189 of 62,926
Back in the day, there were a few intrepid explorers testing the waters to check out this stuff from China. It was new and exciting and had promise for new designs and some good value propositions that may challenge the big brands.
1655666579613.png

There were like 3 earphones from China and back in those days we had to walk 8 miles in the snow uphill both ways to get em. None of your Aliexpress, Linsoul, and what have you. Where was I? Oh yeah, intrepid explorers willing to take a chance. Like this guy....
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/soundmagic-pl30-adjustable-bass-earphones.323413/

Like Columbus traveling to a new world. Of earphones. For the sake of nostalgia and a decent sounding couple of reviews, we now sort of travel back in time with the Soundmagic and the TWS30(gen 2):
1655667858355.png

A bit old school looking almost like they are morphed from a PL30.
1655667932424.png

Quite flush and skinny compared to many TWS. Seem really nice for fit.
1655668019105.png

Metal nozzles and solid plastics for a well built feel. To continue the old school look the case has a transparent lid that snaps open and close w/o any magnets.

Among the reviews one here on our site stated this which helped make me think they were worth a spin...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/soundmagic-tws30.25404/reviews

"Surprisingly good, it punches well above its price point with a fun, warm and easy going sound signature suitable for all kinds of music yet with enough extension and detail retrieval in order not to miss the vital information.
SoundMAGIC has opted for a mid - centric tuning with an added bass and treble extension since this kind of sound is usually better suited for noisy environments and casual listening sessions on the go.
Believe it or not this is one of the best sounding TWS earphones we have ever tested with a musical tuning and a timbre that is not too artificial.
We certainly liked them more than the Sennheiser CX400 BT, the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, the Audiofly AFT2 and other more expensive competitors."

Like I said feeling a bit nostalgic. They were $52 which was taken care of with an Amazon gift card so why not see if they are another upstart overachiever like the little PL30 back in the day. Charging at the moment so to be continued... :)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #46,190 of 62,926
I have the technics AZ 60 and absolutely love them except, the call quality. I get complaints from people, and not just when it's windy, it just randomly can drop off quality wise. The The latest sonies don't have that problem with calls.

What can I get with the sound quality and ANC of the techniques but good call quality without busting the bank?

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #46,191 of 62,926
LG FP9 is an excellent TWS set. I have had them for a few months now.

They sound really good, the function really good, they fit really good, they are built really good, they look really good.... And the number of unique features they bring to the table is awesome.

Don't sleep on these!

Last night, I very easily connected these wirelessly, to some of my high end desktop audio equipment and was able to walk all around my apartment enjoying amplified hifi audio streaming from my favorite hifi audio devices! HUGE WIN!!

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #46,192 of 62,926
I have the technics AZ 60 and absolutely love them except, the call quality. I get complaints from people, and not just when it's windy, it just randomly can drop off quality wise. The The latest sonies don't have that problem with calls.

What can I get with the sound quality and ANC of the techniques but good call quality without busting the bank?
Surprising my call quality has been great. Also new firmware update this week to improve just my voice. Maybe that will help.

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #46,193 of 62,926
So I got the blessing 2 yesterday and it's the first set I've get runs really well on utws5. Xenns up sound decent, but they really need an amp to shine. I tried fiio fd7, fh9, gh5s, and fa7s thinking fiio would pair well but I thought they were all underwhelming. The fh9 were the best of the bunch, but overall none were very good.

Curious though if I should get the Dusk instead as I read they have better bass impact, though wirh EQ the blessing 2 has decent bass.
All of those fiio sets need some better power to shine. Find something a little more sensitive. The Fiio adapters have the best output power of adapters but still they aren't powerhouses... At all. I use ifi go blu with the Fiio FH9 or the Qudelix 5k when I'm out and about or doing chores etc. Something with some real power. There is a number of great sets around the Blessing 2 price

Jun 19, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #46,194 of 62,926
Back in the day, there were a few intrepid explorers testing the waters to check out this stuff from China. It was new and exciting and had promise for new designs and some good value propositions that may challenge the big brands.
1655666579613.png
There were like 3 earphones from China and back in those days we had to walk 8 miles in the snow uphill both ways to get em. None of your Aliexpress, Linsoul, and what have you. Where was I? Oh yeah, intrepid explorers willing to take a chance. Like this guy....
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/soundmagic-pl30-adjustable-bass-earphones.323413/

Like Columbus traveling to a new world. Of earphones. For the sake of nostalgia and a decent sounding couple of review, we now sort of travel back in time with the Soundmagic and the TWS30(gen 2):
1655667858355.png
A bit old school looking almost like they are morphed from a PL30.
1655667932424.png
Quite flush and skinny compared to many TWS. Seem really nice for fit.
1655668019105.png
Metal nozzles and solid plastics for a well built feel. To continue the old school look the case has a transparent lid that snaps open and close w/o any magnets.

Among the reviews one here on our site stated this which helped make me think they were worth a spin...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/soundmagic-tws30.25404/reviews

"Surprisingly good, it punches well above its price point with a fun, warm and easy going sound signature suitable for all kinds of music yet with enough extension and detail retrieval in order not to miss the vital information.
SoundMAGIC has opted for a mid - centric tuning with an added bass and treble extension since this kind of sound is usually better suited for noisy environments and casual listening sessions on the go.
Believe it or not this is one of the best sounding TWS earphones we have ever tested with a musical tuning and a timbre that is not too artificial.
We certainly liked them more than the Sennheiser CX400 BT, the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, the Audiofly AFT2 and other more expensive competitors."

Like I said feeling a bit nostalgic. They were $52 which was taken care of with an Amazon gift card so why not see if they are another upstart overachiever like the little PL30 back in the day. Charging at the moment so to be continued... :)
Very cool man. Soundmagic always made some decent in-wars. I was wondering about their tws units. Nice post

Jun 19, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #46,195 of 62,926
I'll say this about the Soundmagic TWS30 G2, if you want one to sleep on, they may work very well. Both quite flush and pillow friendly and while still having a 9mm driver. High isolation capable especially if they fill your ears snugly enough. Makes for a super stable fit for me. No ANC not a problem for me as they give enough passive for my needs.

Early on the burn in and tip trying but certainly one to me already that reinforces why I still try cheaper stuff. There are still gems here and there. I can hear why, in the Head-fi review and others, they are among the best they have heard for sound. Very wired sounding. After having the first Victor FX100T that was on par with the MTW2 I can totally buy that these are liked "certainly more than the CX400BT". If you get the right tips. Stock are okay but you can do better. Also if you can EQ you are golden. I like to get a good seal and reduce bass a bit. At least for now unless burn in cleans it up more. Bass reduced a bit makes it more articulate. Not too different to me. The usual dialing in really like most TWS and wired earphones might need. They very well could be the best sounding $50 pair. Wouldn't surprise me.

Also notice not making contact thing which was easy to figure out. They are comma shaped and when I put them in the case I just make sure the magnets take them while I am pushing up with my thumb slightly. They just need to be up to make consistent contact. If you just drop them and let the magnets pull them in they indeed may not rest on the contacts right.

These have that old school SoundMagic look and feel. They also have the old Soundmagic sound quality for value thing as well. Simple but unique.

Jun 19, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #46,196 of 62,926
1more Evo. Excellent sound quality as reviewed everywhere. The armature and dynamic driver has great synergy. The case is small and has wireless charging. Hope a new firmware can enable single tap to add more functions. When using one earbud only, the stereo mix doesn't get combined into a single channel.
Do they remember your ANC settings? According to early user impressions they don't and at this day and age I feel like that is a dealbreaker as I hate having to turn on ANC every time I put on my earbuds. I had the 1More Dual Driver ANC and it only defaults to ANC OFF, but I also recall reading the Comfobuds Pro defaults to ANC on but doesn't remember your ANC settings.

The stereo not downmixing to mono in single-bud mode is pretty annoying, it seems the EVO uses a Bestechnic chip (BES2300YA) similar to that of the Liberty 3 Pro (which uses BES2500YP). Not sure what's the difference between the two chipsets as I couldn't find much info on the BES2300YA compared to the BES2500YP.

At least something like Beatles mono tracks shouldn't be affected and I do wonder if mono is actually cleaner in this implementation because downmixing the stereo feed could potentially introduce distortion from two added channels even if the track is mono to begin with.

Jun 19, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #46,197 of 62,926
Do they remember your ANC settings? According to early user impressions they don't and at this day and age I feel like that is a dealbreaker as I hate having to turn on ANC every time I put on my earbuds. I had the 1More Dual Driver ANC and it only defaults to ANC OFF, but I also recall reading the Comfobuds Pro defaults to ANC on but doesn't remember your ANC settings.

The stereo not downmixing to mono in single-bud mode is pretty annoying, it seems the EVO uses a Bestechnic chip (BES2300YA) similar to that of the Liberty 3 Pro (which uses BES2500YP). Not sure what's the difference between the two chipsets as I couldn't find much info on the BES2300YA compared to the BES2500YP.

At least something like Beatles mono tracks shouldn't be affected and I do wonder if mono is actually cleaner in this implementation because downmixing the stereo feed could potentially introduce distortion from two added channels even if the track is mono to begin with.
The ANC defaults to off every time the buds are taken out. I'm ok with this because I rarely use ANC and ANC control is available on the buds if I need to turn it on. Another minor annoyance is the music will stop playing whenever one of the buds is placed back into the case.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #46,199 of 62,926
@C_Lindbergh

Let us know what you think of them! Tempted to buy them too. Like the idea of comfort and am tempted to use all of gadgetry regarding auto ambient mode, etc.

Also curious about your take on their sound. Most reviewers state the XM4 sound "better" but not if better is truly better or just a signature preference.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #46,200 of 62,926
So I got the blessing 2 yesterday and it's the first set I've get runs really well on utws5. Xenns up sound decent, but they really need an amp to shine. I tried fiio fd7, fh9, gh5s, and fa7s thinking fiio would pair well but I thought they were all underwhelming. The fh9 were the best of the bunch, but overall none were very good.

Curious though if I should get the Dusk instead as I read they have better bass impact, though wirh EQ the blessing 2 has decent bass.
B2 Dusk does pair well with the UTWS3 as well. I tried the OG B2, but personally preferred the Dusk by a fair margin.

Instead of the Dusk, I'd recommend going for Variations instead. Same sound signature but better sub bass slam. Cleaner sound and resolution and it's on sale right now for $468 I think. My favorite IEM for electronic music.

FD7 requires a a dedicated dac/amp to drive properly and showcase it's abilities. It's very revealing and musical IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back