Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 4, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #54,901 of 62,960
Yousonofabich why'd you have to use that word. Vivid.

Now I'm pretty certain i want to purchase these once available overseas
I tried a few times to mess with the personalized sound to get an exact reproduction with my eartips as the Nura. Each time was almost the same result but they still were more "vivid". Hell I even compared the neutral or non personalized option to the Nura's and sounded more clear and bright

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #54,904 of 62,960
All right, MTW3 ordered.
I just got a set of these myself 2 days ago.
I'm super impressed by them. My main concern either TWS is fit --- i dunno what's wrong with my ears but any IEM's that just need to sit there and hold on just don't .. they fall loose within seconds

I had a toss-up between Senny's and Bose QCII since both of those options had little wings on them
Since the Senn were on offer and £185 vs £240 for the Bose i went for MTW3

So far these will be my go-to's for a LONG time.
They sit snug in my ear with the larger wings, seal great and the personalised audio option is great -- found a really nice balance i love and just enjoying them so much.

They're some of the nicest earbuds i've used. The case is bit blocky so not great in the pocket but feels nice with the material finish.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #54,905 of 62,960
Oh, don't get me wrong, they were great as people once you got hold of them, and I always got a solution eventually, but I think they got a bit overwhelmed with the Kickstarter campaign. Maybe a bigger team/more resources with Denon will help!
Not ideal that Nura sold out to denon and they threw an extra £100 on the price and just cut the Nura customers loose with no more firmware support... pretty bad imo

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #54,907 of 62,960
Just grabbed the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3’s. Just out of the box with no EQ or anything I think they sound a ton better than the AirPods Pro 2’s. Good level of bass(not too much), mids are good, treble is clear and present. Firmware update is downloading or installing now.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #54,908 of 62,960
Not ideal that Nura sold out to denon and they threw an extra £100 on the price and just cut the Nura customers loose with no more firmware support... pretty bad imo
Yep. How they handled that at management level stinks. They should have made transition of existing customers into the Denon ecosystem a condition of the sale/partnership. I wouldn't want to be looking for warranty support in, say, 21 months, for the NTP given how this has gone.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #54,910 of 62,960
Just grabbed the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3’s. Just out of the box with no EQ or anything I think they sound a ton better than the AirPods Pro 2’s. Good level of bass(not too much), mids are good, treble is clear and present. Firmware update is downloading or installing now.
I have these and I like to use them with the bass boost feature (I am a basshead, what can I say?) The one thing about them that I find difficult is that in my experience, they are not sweatproof, at all. I mostly use wireless IEM's at the gym. I do not sweat all that much, and I have had no trouble in this respect with my Sony, AKG, or Jabra iems. But with the Sennheiser set I quickly get some moisture in the earbuds that forces me to put them away, lest they clog up completely. I actually think that the (discontinued?) AKG N400 set is a good one; the only criticism that people seem to make is that the left and right buds are reversed in the case. Unless you are terminally dislectic, that is a nonissue as far as I can tell.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #54,911 of 62,960
I have these and I like to use them with the bass boost feature (I am a basshead, what can I say?) The one thing about them that I find difficult is that in my experience, they are not sweatproof, at all. I mostly use wireless IEM's at the gym. I do not sweat all that much, and I have had no trouble in this respect with my Sony, AKG, or Jabra iems. But with the Sennheiser set I quickly get some moisture in the earbuds that forces me to put them away, lest they clog up completely. I actually think that the (discontinued?) AKG N400 set is a good one; the only criticism that people seem to make is that the left and right buds are reversed in the case. Unless you are terminally dislectic, that is a nonissue as far as I can tell.

They aren't sweatproof?

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #54,912 of 62,960
Aug 4, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #54,914 of 62,960
I just got a set of these myself 2 days ago.
I'm super impressed by them. My main concern either TWS is fit --- i dunno what's wrong with my ears but any IEM's that just need to sit there and hold on just don't .. they fall loose within seconds

I had a toss-up between Senny's and Bose QCII since both of those options had little wings on them
Since the Senn were on offer and £185 vs £240 for the Bose i went for MTW3

So far these will be my go-to's for a LONG time.
They sit snug in my ear with the larger wings, seal great and the personalised audio option is great -- found a really nice balance i love and just enjoying them so much.

They're some of the nicest earbuds i've used. The case is bit blocky so not great in the pocket but feels nice with the material finish.
I had fit issues with the supplied tips - I have pretty large ears & earholes. Anyway, if you are till having fit/seal problems, I found a pair of shallow dual flange tips and they have made a world of difference to good fit and great seal.

Aug 4, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #54,915 of 62,960
If you think they are good out of the box, wait until you've set up you sound personalisation. It's like opening a window in a stuffy room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back