Good headphones under $60 (Quite a specific taste)
Feb 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ceradon

New Head-Fier
I decided to buy the new Black iPod touch 5th Generation. But right now, I have some below-the-knee quality $18 In-Ear headphones that I'm ready to throw away. I want to make a change now (I've pretty much sticked with In-Ear headphones for quite some time) and go with Over-Ear headphones. I'm looking for some good quality, comfortable on someone with a medium-sized head, closed-back headphones, preferably with voice controls and a microphone (but not the mics that extend way beyond the headphones like the ones heavy gamers use) under $60. And, maybe some that are a little stylish (Although, I could really care less about style). And, please none with those long cords. I know there designed for professionals but on an iPod touch, it looks goofy. I'll probably be listnening to these in the gym or doing yard work, etc. so I need them to be comfortably-designed. And in terms of quality, I mean clear and crisp sound, plays bass and trebles well and good with highs and mids. I listen to all types of genres (I'm a music junkie). From rap to hip-hop to jaxx to classical and even a bit of the blues and dubstep. Thank you in advance.

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I decided to buy the new Black iPod touch 5th Generation. But right now, I have some below-the-knee quality $18 In-Ear headphones that I'm ready to throw away. I want to make a change now (I've pretty much sticked with In-Ear headphones for quite some time) and go with Over-Ear headphones. I'm looking for some good quality, comfortable on someone with a medium-sized head, closed-back headphones, preferably with voice controls and a microphone (but not the mics that extend way beyond the headphones like the ones heavy gamers use) under $60. And, maybe some that are a little stylish (Although, I could really care less about style). And, please none with those long cords. I know there designed for professionals but on an iPod touch, it looks goofy. I'll probably be listnening to these in the gym or doing yard work, etc. so I need them to be comfortably-designed. And in terms of quality, I mean clear and crisp sound, plays bass and trebles well and good with highs and mids. I listen to all types of genres (I'm a music junkie). From rap to hip-hop to jaxx to classical and even a bit of the blues and dubstep. Thank you in advance.

I would recommend the Somic EFi-82 MT, but it's semi-open (a very small amount of sound leaks in and out). However, some people (me included) think it sounds better than most headphones under $250.

Another good buy would be the Philips Citiscape Uptown if you can find it for cheap enough (I got mine for $40,but that's a steal.), there's a set for $64 on eBay. It doesn't sound quite as nice as the Somics, but it is fully closed.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Koss TBSE1. Detachable cable (it's just portable enough for me. Cable is something like 5 feet when it's not stretched) sound quality is good, especially for 50 bucks at Tuesday Morning, comfortable and WELL isolated.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Take a look at:

HD280 PRO
HD429
HD439
Hesh 2.0
HARX900
PRODJ 100
Uptowns
TheStretch

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back