Good, wireless, open ear earbuds that can fit in a pocket?
Apr 8, 2024 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DarkDreamT2

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

It's been some years but I'm on the market for something that I'm not sure how to search for. I need earbuds (or an equivalent) that are truly open ear. Unfortunately earbuds with an ambient sound option don't work since I can hear the artificial noise made to emulate passthrough and it makes it hard to actually hear things.

I currently use some over ear cans that are open and while it's extremely convenient for walking around being able to hear outside and my music, I need something that will work wirelessly and can fit in a pocket for the convenience without having to risk my devices to the weather.

Ideally this will be good for music and general listening as well. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Sony LinkBuds (the original model, NOT the Linkbuds S)

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello all!

It's been some years but I'm on the market for something that I'm not sure how to search for. I need earbuds (or an equivalent) that are truly open ear. Unfortunately earbuds with an ambient sound option don't work since I can hear the artificial noise made to emulate passthrough and it makes it hard to actually hear things.

I currently use some over ear cans that are open and while it's extremely convenient for walking around being able to hear outside and my music, I need something that will work wirelessly and can fit in a pocket for the convenience without having to risk my devices to the weather.

Ideally this will be good for music and general listening as well. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Shokz Openfit. As open as you can get while still having good sound and good battery/connection.

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 5
I can't think something better than Apple AirPods Pro for what you are seeking for.
Or maybe I didn't understand exactly, sorry.
But earbuds that can fit easily in your pocket, play very well and at the same time you can hear everything around you?
Just AirPods Pro in "Transparent" mode. My two cents.
Cheers mate!

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 5
I really like the NiceHCK EB2S. Good clear sound across the board, open to the world, and for me super comfortable. I've heard they lack bass but in my fitment that is a non-issue so i would guess if you find a "no bass" review then they did not get them fit well. If someone has that issue i would guess then they get sibilance because they have to turn them up to high and the peaky treble makes it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back