Got the sennheiser ie80 and i am dissapointed
Dec 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone

I recently got the sennheier ie80 as a christmas gift, and these are my first truly high end headphones. However after using them for a day I am disappointed with their performance. To begin with, i can't seem to get a good seal and when I do the iem's will become loose. The bass response is not all that big that I have read in the reviews unless i were to push them against my ears and the treble is similar to that of the beats tour that I had before returning. Keep in mind that I bought these directly from sennheiser so there is no way that my iem's are fake and my source is a Sony E Series Walkman NWZ-E474 and most of my songs are 320kbps MP3 and no FLAC. So I would like to know if these problems are due to the iem's requiring a burn in period or having bad eartips or just putting them on incorrectly. I put them on over ear. I am considering buying monster gel and foam supertips so could these tips solve this problem? Thanks everyone in advance!

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Probably the tips if they're similar to their predecessor the IE8. There's a few threads on here discussing the issue this being one of the bigger ones - http://www.head-fi.org/t/407462/what-tips-with-ie8

I'm currently using sony hybrids with my IE8s which provide a good seal to start with but need pushing back in every 15mins or so.

Good luck finding tips that suit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back