Grado Fan Club!
Jul 19, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #35,942 of 65,841
The GH2 has replaced my RS2e (both with G Cushions) as my "to go" and primary Grado Headphone, nice soundstage, great bass for a grado , maybe not the RS2e "Detail Monster", but i love the sound signature, engaging, live, fun, universal, from classics or jazz to techno or rap. ... but this is obviously only my taste and so opinion ...

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #35,943 of 65,841
The GH2 has replaced my RS2e (both with G Cushions) as my "to go" and primary Grado Headphone, nice soundstage, great bass for a grado , maybe not the RS2e "Detail Monster", but i love the sound signature, engaging, live, fun, universal, from classics or jazz to techno or rap. ... but this is obviously only my taste and so opinion ...

Have you also tried GH2 vs GH1?

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #35,944 of 65,841
Can anyone compare the rs2e and the gh2? Leaning towards the gh2 if it's an upgrade. I heard the rs2e a few years back and I thought they sounded pretty good out of a cell phone. It will be for home use on a ss amp.
I still have my RS2e and l liked it better than the GH-1 since its a bit more detailed as the other poster noted but these days I like the alternate drivers from Nhoord, Symphones and Elleven Acoustica better due to the more balanced sound signature and you can customize them to your liking for about $200-$400 less. Haven't heard the GH-2 but from the reviews its not something I would consider due to the alternatives that I've heard. I also only use the G pads.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #35,945 of 65,841

This is pretty true for me too. I havent replaCed the rs2e and i dont plan to, but i agree with the points here. Same grado energy, but slightly less treble, a bit nore bass, slightly better imaging, and a toich more versatile. The rs2e is still great though, but i think the gh2 is a lottle better

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #35,946 of 65,841
[with spelling corrections] This is pretty true for me too. I haven't replaced the RS2e and I don't plan to, but I agree with the points here. Same Grado energy, but slightly less treble, a bit more bass, slightly better imaging, and a touch more versatile. The RS2e is still great though, but I think the GH2 is a little better.

Hi GermanGuy and RollinHard843,

To GermanGuy, I have to say that I pretty much concur with both your "taste and opinion" regarding the Grado GH2's sound signature. Although I don't have anywhere near as many Grado headphones as you have in your possession to compare to the GH2, I nonetheless feel that the GH2 performs very well as a capable "all-rounder" headphone.

As already noted by both you and RollinHard843, the GH2 has a somewhat more relaxed treble response, and a decidedly more prominent bass presence. In addition, the GH2 conveaes a fairly compelling soundstage that is both spacious and precise, with superb all around imaging. To put it very simply, the GH2 has a very fun, dynamic, and exciting sound signature. Although Grado headphones are no stranger to being both fun and dynamic sounding, the GH2 is the first Grado headphone, that I've experienced, to portray this with such compelling overall degree of finesse and balance.

Anyway, for those wishing to consult some more detailed opinion on the GH2's performance, then they may wish to consult the Head-Fi thread "Grado GH2 Impressions": https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/grado-gh2-impressions.840598/.

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #35,949 of 65,841
Hey grado lover's, i'am already in love with my 125e. I've a chance to buy a 225e. Is there a really step up?
Thx, Doori.
While I haven't heard the SR125e, I love my SR225e but they have been modded a bit. But based on the rather small differences between the SR80e and SR225e I don't think there is a significant upgrade from your SR125e to the SR225e but this is just my thoughts based on limited sample size.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #35,952 of 65,841
i think you want to go to sr325e from sr125e but like david said, i don't think the sound differences is that significant. you also need to try it first since some models have quite difference taste of the sound, just because you like the lower end model not going to guarantee you will like higher end model because of this little bit difference taste

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #35,954 of 65,841
Jul 27, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #35,955 of 65,841
Gh2 are one of the best headphones I have heard under $1000. I have listented to most of the major budget headphones(under 1000). The Gh2 are awesome for hip hop and rock. Vocals are clean and are placed perfectly in the sound stage. The bass is just right for my ears. The sound stage could be a little more open, just my personal taste. My only real gripe is the foam pads. Not sure why Grado would continue to use them. The overall weight kinda makes up for this. The price is right for the sound quality. A case would of been nice but I am still happy. I Finally found a headphone to sit next to my hd650.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back