Grado Fan Club!
Jan 21, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #58,471 of 65,793
A Grados kind of afternoon today. Cheers!!!

Vali 2+ & National Union 7AF7 & Grados SR125x (2).jpg

Jan 21, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #58,472 of 65,793
Jan 21, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #58,474 of 65,793
Waz up J!!! 🤣🤣 Forgot the spankin' part. Good times!
Spankin’ ==> thankin’. Remember ol’ Neidermeyer in Animal House?…. “Thank you, sir! May I have another?” 😫🙏

Jan 21, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #58,475 of 65,793
Their extension cable is very high quality 👌 tried it once from my receiver to watch tv

I use mine for my LCD-2 to listen on my daybed in my office. Spectacular cable tbh

Jan 21, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #58,476 of 65,793
Spankin’ ==> thankin’. Remember ol’ Neidermeyer in Animal House?…. “Thank you, sir! May I have another?” 😫🙏

I do remember! lol

In reference to the new stock cables, yes they are not fun. Very heavy and thick. Earlier today, I got up from the chair with the 125x's on and turned around. The cable collided with my laptop and sent it flying across the room. Not fun.

I had my SR60s and SR225s re-cabled with SMC connectors a while back. I would re-cable all my Grados, but lost contact with the person that did the work.

Grados SR60 (SMC connectors).jpg
Grados SR225 (Woodied)(SMC connectors).jpg

Jan 22, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #58,477 of 65,793
Have had my RS-2x for about 2 months now. Absolutely fantastic headphones.

Previously owned HF-1s and HF-2s but sold them - wasnt listening to enough music that complimented them

Havent bought many headphones in a long time. Pretty much disappeared from here after I got my 1st edition Beyer T1s, and I recently got them balanced to use with my SPL amp. Got the itch to hear something different having a fairly high end vinyl setup now.

Read this thread for a few months and decided the RS-2x were high end enough for me and there were a lot of positive comments about the bass. What has surprised me is how much I've enjoyed them with other music outside of rock. They sound extremely good with electronic music, especially very fast percussion. I also have a shelf filter on my mixer that I can boost bass +2dB if I want a little more (also use this with my T1s). Really fast with lots of slam!

These are absolute keepers and have had me going through my entire music collection like a madman. I do have 1 minor complaint: the cable. I consider 10ft/3m to be the minimum needed for high end phones. The cable is also stiffer than the old Grado cables and puts too much stress on a 1/8" connector (and unfortunately I have to send them in because I'm getting an intermittant connection from my jack). They also don't have an option to replace it with a 1/4" jack!? I appreciate ithat they are easy to drive and work in small portable sources, but Im mostly using a "Reference Series" on my home stereo. Do they only put 1/8" jacks on the 1000s/3000s? Don't understand it but I guess I'll have to suck it up until the warranty is up.
I tested my RME’s bass shelf corretion to RS2x: +6db @65hz Q0.5
Works pretty well, bass remains tight and punchy. And that slam!

Jan 22, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #58,478 of 65,793
grado gh4, I bought it after listen to 325e 325x ps500e rs1e rs2e. why it is so good , that I will keep it as a instrument, like my violins. I don't know. but I think I understand what is the Heritage Series means.

Attachments

• 9622742.png
    9622742.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9622767.png
    9622767.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 10.19.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 10.19.00.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #58,480 of 65,793
If we're talking cable options . . . how about they could offer either a short lightweight cable with a 3.5 plug for portable use or a Big Boi cable with a Phat Plug for use with a desktop rig or for strangling rival gangsters.
Different cables sound differently. I am pretty sure they want to control the sound of their headphones with the non-detachable cables.

Jan 22, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #58,481 of 65,793
Hello friends,

I would like to ask you what is in your experience (cans you have / had) an upgrade to the Hemp? I know it performs above its price range and considering that I'm not willing to spend more than 1500€, maybe there aren't many options around in this price range. It can be Grado or any other brand (if European like Meze, beyerdynamic, sennheiser even better!).

I love a lot about the Hemp. The punch, dynamics, into your face sound, the nice lows, the amazing mids for leading guitars, the soundstage is enough for me. If there is anything that I believe it lacks are details, resolution and instrument separation. If I could find something with those but without loosing the rest, I wouldn't need nothing else. I believe I'm asking too much maybe, especially for that price range. Anyway, asking doesn't hurt at all!

Cheers.

Jan 22, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #58,482 of 65,793
Hello friends,

I would like to ask you what is in your experience (cans you have / had) an upgrade to the Hemp? I know it performs above its price range and considering that I'm not willing to spend more than 1500€, maybe there aren't many options around in this price range. It can be Grado or any other brand (if European like Meze, beyerdynamic, sennheiser even better!).

I love a lot about the Hemp. The punch, dynamics, into your face sound, the nice lows, the amazing mids for leading guitars, the soundstage is enough for me. If there is anything that I believe it lacks are details, resolution and instrument separation. If I could find something with those but without loosing the rest, I wouldn't need nothing else. I believe I'm asking too much maybe, especially for that price range. Anyway, asking doesn't hurt at all!

Cheers.

Maybe Sennheiser HD800S?
Certainly give you more detail may lose some bass punch.

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #58,483 of 65,793
Hello friends,

Cheers.
Meze 109 Pro is worth a look - recently got a pair and I think they’re probably a good upgrade path from the Hemps.

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #58,484 of 65,793
Meze 109 Pro is worth a look - recently got a pair and I think they’re probably a good upgrade path from the Hemps.
I have been looking into them also. Sure a lot of Hype at the moment. I just was not sure if it would be an "upgrade" or more of a side-step. I see you have a lot of cans. I was also looking into the Beyer T1.3 and even went as far as the Liric. I would really love your insight of these when comparing it to the Hemp.

Cheers.

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #58,485 of 65,793
Hello friends,

Cheers.
I have Hemps and purchased last week RS2x in addition.
They are different but i do like RS2x also, it's a little bass shy compared to hemp and has more treble.
It gives those what you wrote you are after.
And bigger and better soundstage.

I believe that you don't find "Grado sound" from anywhere else than Grados.
RS2x is only 700€. I say only because at that price it's really bargain, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back