Grado GS1000i for $425?
Jun 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

danphan

Head-Fier
I'm very new to headphones but want to get a pair of nice Grados. 

I currently have the opportunity to get the GS1000i headphones for $425 (used in 8/10 condition, no box but Grado mini adapter included). It seems like a great deal but I'm not 100% sure if I should pull the trigger or just wait for some PS500s to show up on the classifieds. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

.dan.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Omg do it

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 7
Orig Grado box will cost you USD 30 plus shipping, directly from NY and even with these extra costs, it still a good deal, but. they are not PS500, but than again, you can re-sell them later, if you don't like them, price is good.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 7
Sounds like a great deal to me.....I am looking to spend about that for some PS500!

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Are you sure this isn't a scam? The price is right on the border of "too good to be true" given that the 1000is retail for $1,000. 
Even if they're broken, at that price you could have them serviced, and still sell them in the classifieds here at a modest profit. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Some people treat used headphones like actual used goods (which end up loosing most of their value), and have no intention of minimizing their loss by selling it close to the MSRP they paid; I mean, they're getting rid of their crap.

On this forum used headphones seem to retain their value unusually well. If you buy them elsewhere (classifieds website like Craigslist) they'll almost certainly cost you less, in the price range of that GS1000i, which I find pretty reasonable (and I've already seen a few GS1000s on both CanuckAudioMart and eBay sold for that price).

If you get it and don't like it, I say don't try to flip it to make profit, but pay it forward instead, sell it at the price you paid; it will make someone as happy as you initially were.

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for all of the guidance. I'm excited to try these out and now seem confidant in being able to at the very least break even if I don't like them. Looks like ill be pulling the trigger :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back