Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Dec 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #946 of 1,221
Quote:
85% of the PS1000 you say? Someone said the same thing in another review. That's awesome.

Friday cannot come soon enough with these cans. And I'm picking up an old Pioneer Elite CD/SACD player with a DAC built in for 65 bucks.

I love bass, and these seem to be the best Grado's to deliver it, or so I hope.

I for one have said in a previous post, that the PS500 gave me about 80% of what the PS1000 could, after many months of living with my PS1000, i still stand by that claim, as much as i liked the PS500s, i just love my PS1000, if you ask me, you can't go wrong with either of them.

As far as bass is concerned, i believe that is were the PS500 shines, it's deep and fairly well defined.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #949 of 1,221
I have been listening to my new PS500s on both my Benchmark DAC1 Pre and my iPhone with Denon Music Player and the McIntosh  player.  They are simply spectacular in detail and neutrality.  They are also spot on in faithfulness to my recordings of classical ensembles.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #951 of 1,221
Quote:
I have been listening to my new PS500s on both my Benchmark DAC1 Pre and my iPhone with Denon Music Player and the McIntosh  player.  They are simply spectacular in detail and neutrality.  They are also spot on in faithfulness to my recordings of classical ensembles.

I'm interrested in Audeze's LCD3s, now, they need a lot of power to sound their best, and if my Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 can't push them, that might be a deal breaker, because i don't want to have to spend an extra $1000 for an amp, on top of the $2000 for the headphones themselves.

I think that the fact that Grados sound good out of just about everything is a huge asset, now, even tough some might see this as sacrilegeous, i often listen to my PS/HP1000s straight from the headphone output of my vintage gear with satifying results.

Oh! and having owned the PS500s, i think you made a great choice, they're some of my favorite Grados,

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #952 of 1,221
Quote:

I'm interrested in Audeze's LCD3s, now, they need a lot of power to sound their best, and if my Musical Fidelity X-CAN V2 can't push them, that might be a deal breaker, because i don't want to have to spend an extra $1000 for an amp, on top of the $2000 for the headphones themselves.

I think that the fact that Grados sound good out of just about everything is a huge asset, now, even tough some might see this as sacrilegeous, i often listen to my PS/HP1000s straight from the headphone output of my vintage gear with satifying results.

Oh! and having owned the PS500s, i think you made a great choice, they're some of my favorite Grados,

I like being able to drive these puppies right out of my iPhone 4.  Sounds great with Denon or McIntosh players.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #953 of 1,221
Quote:
Are these headphones easily re cabled?  My amps are balanced so I need to hardwire a 4-pin XLR cable to it.

Great question!  I honestly do not know.  Have not tried it.

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #954 of 1,221
Just got a pair of these and am just loving them. Are they balanced or neutral no. Are the fun, energetic, engaging? HELL YES! Great stuf! Kicking back with some Jack Johnson right now and these are doing him much more justice than my HD800's were..

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #955 of 1,221
Is the ps500 coming with accessories like 1/8" adaptor or extention cable?

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #956 of 1,221
Quote:
Just got a pair of these and am just loving them. Are they balanced or neutral no. Are the fun, energetic, engaging? HELL YES! Great stuf! Kicking back with some Jack Johnson right now and these are doing him much more justice than my HD800's were..

Welcome to the dark side.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #958 of 1,221
Quote:
hi, new to the thread! but been reading a lot about ps500. how good is it compared to RS1?

Great... compared to the RS-1!  

A bit richer, bassier sound, yet with similar mids and highs.  Though, the RS-1 may have a slight bit more detail and resolution.  

I really can't decide which I prefer... so... I've kept both.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #959 of 1,221
So settle with ps 500. But I have yet to hear them and its not available here in our country, only grado rs1i and its very expensive almost double it's price (I hope grado will look in to this, because many headfier here/Philippines love grado). If I got a chance to go to the states this May I will try to get my hand on this can and compare them both side by side.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #960 of 1,221
Bought a PS500 last week. Thought they were the best headphones I've tried. I liked them quite a bit more than the RS2s. However, I thought the RS2s at $500 were the "cheapest" headphones I tried with amazing sound. The PS500 is like a big step up, but that's only my opinion. I'm so happy I got them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back