great pictures of all Antique Sound Lab amps!
Jul 28, 2001 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 24
I'd rather have the Sound Labs amp, with its scarey prison bars, than have an Orpheus, and drop something on one of the tubes...

I'd hate to think of the repair bill for that... If i'm right, the amp makes up over half of the cost of the unit... so, those tubes can't be cheap
eek.gif

Jul 29, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 24
whaoh! last time I check this thread had zero posts, and now 15? woohoo!

Of course, everyone's just talking about the orpheus, but still. hey, out of curiosity, does anyone have an opinion on the antique sound AQ1001 DT integrated amp?

Jul 31, 2001 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 24
I went to a high end retailer to purchase my MG Head. He had a couple of ASLabs larger power amps on display. I didn't listen to them but they sure looked nice.

And the pricing isn't in the Stratosphere like some of the other tube equipment out there.

I'm very happy/impressed with my MG Head and might go back to that dealer soon to listen to the various amps. Actually, the distributor for ASLabs is only an hour and a half drive from where I live. Might go there. They've got a huge selection to choose from.

Aug 1, 2001 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 24
so no one's tried it? can one of you lucky Canadians go to that shop and see if it's there?

Aug 2, 2001 at 12:47 PM Post #24 of 24
I'm sure the Orpheous Amp has been stemmed from the art deco period. This is where its style has come from.

Art Deco: A decorative and architectural style of the period 1925-1940, characterized by geometric designs, bold colors, and the use of plastic and glass

Those grills are typical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back