GS1000 and system to make them happy
Sep 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #16 of 31
I think you miss the point, well a bit, o.k.
wink.gif
We are not against SS amps or else, it is just what your preferences are, nothing more.
What kind of system was it please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard a full SS system with the GS1000, and it wasn't that bad at all!!

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallow81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm. From other side I know a guy who love RPX33 and GS1000 but he has tube source. Im thinking with tubes or analog sounding DAC - it will be much better than with studio presentation of Lynx.

Same for me. I have the RPX-100 and also have tubes in my cd player and this is a great combo. Don't work so well when I try the NAD 542 cd player from my speaker rig.

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #19 of 31
Well, your obvious avenues would be to either swap your source, or amp for one intrinsically warmer and more musical. I havent heard the GS-1000's myself, so i'm offering suggestions purely on theory here.

Personally I would do this at the source. I'd look into good tubed cd players (or tubed DACs, if you like computer as source). Shanling, Wavelength, that new Isabella DAC, and so forth would be the first things I'd check out. Then there's the Opera Audio Droplet cd player, and the Jolida.

If the cans are relatively neutral and clear, then tweaking the system for musicality normally goes:
Warm, musical source > clean and dynamic SS amp > neutral cans

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 31
Yeah. I did a lot of experiments on many SS and tube systems. Of course system for GS1000 should be a musical and analogue sounding. My question was which DAC will better fit RudiStor NX-33
smily_headphones1.gif
in the context of GS1000 at the end.

Sep 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #21 of 31
I agree with above and will get some better source myself later, but dont think I will go for a tube one, however you never know.

And I would call GS1000 musical with natural touch, but not neutral...

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #22 of 31
I use a GS1k's with a Woo 2, and it is good. But I also have an EC/SS which is not too bad at all with the GS1000s.

But I do like the tubes.

All my DACs are SS and that is not likely to change.

cheers
Simon

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Yeah. I did a lot of experiments on many SS and tube systems. Of course system for GS1000 should be a musical and analogue sounding. My question was which DAC will better fit RudiStor NX-33
smily_headphones1.gif
in the context of GS1000 at the end.

I do not know the equipment you use
but
have you ever tried a NOS DAC?

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #24 of 31
GS1000 balanced , NX33 , Paradisea + .
Considering a ss dac . Must say great recording - great sound , good recording - good sound = unforgiving . So IMHO , nothing , can sound better .

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #25 of 31
Paradisea+ doenst have balanced outputs - if You have NX33 it is a waste of his potential. A DAC with balanced output is needed
smily_headphones1.gif

Ive tried CEC DX51 last weekend with my RudiStor and GS1000 - it was nice, but too sweet for my taste. CEC already is very sweet, smooth. Musical and analogue sounding NX33 with CEC - it is little too sweet combo even for GS1000. (Attack was little bit too flat IMHO for example)

The best way is to find compromise beetwen analogue sound, musicality and details + transparency.

Also - the background on CEC DX51 wasnt black. It was grey - background on Lynx and RudiStor - is black. There is no any texture beetwen intruments.

My choice is Theta DS Pro Generation Va - balanced.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #27 of 31
I didnt tried it with RudiStor - but it is one of the most sweet and musical DACs. Im affraid that it can be the same as with CEC DX51 + RudiStor. Too sweet. (For me of course)

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if you ever tried it, but man says that NorthStar M192 is one to check. I think I will be looking for one, when I can get some funds together first.
North Star Design - Hi-end audio equipment

Yeah. I been thinking about this one also. I've never tried it - but from reviews - it is really interesting DAC. I've got a chance to hear Theta DS Pro III, Theta DS Pro V, CEC DX51, Audionemesis DC1 Upgrade, PS Audio DL III, Benchmark DAC1, Apogee MiniDAC, Metronome Technologie C20A.

From all - I like the best Metronome Technologie C20A but this one was too expensive for me, in this case I've choosed Theta DS Pro Gen Va - balanced as a compromise beetwen musicality,analogue sound and details.

BTW. The DAC chip in Northstar is the same as in Lynx TWO - CS 4396. Of course this doesn't define how DAC (as a device) will sound at the end.

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Yeah. I been thinking about this one also. I've never tried it - but from reviews - it is really interesting DAC. I've got a chance to hear Theta DS Pro III, Theta DS Pro V, CEC DX51, Audionemesis DC1 Upgrade, PS Audio DL III, Benchmark DAC1, Apogee MiniDAC, Metronome Technologie C20A.

From all - I like the best Metronome Technologie C20A but this one was too expensive for me, in this case I've choosed Theta DS Pro Gen Va - balanced as a compromise beetwen musicality,analogue sound and details.

WOW
You have heard many stuff, u can do a short review of them or something like that please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back