HeadFi Clan - BF2, COD2, CS:Source
Dec 29, 2005 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
[size=medium]This is regarding the creation of a HeadFi server for gaming. I have created a poll - it is multiple choice and should give us a better idea about how to go about this process.[/size]

We need to discuss with Jude before we make this official but since the idea came up in another thread, I have decided to take ownership of the idea and build on it.

The plan:

* lease a server for playing BF2, COD2, CS:S
* Play games according to weekly votes (1 game per week)
* Keep it within HeadFi if we have enough muscle...otherwise open it up to sister forums
* nobody from HeadFi will be excluded. If servers are full then contributing members will get preference (I have no idea how to make this work).
* Hopefully Jude will open a separate section of the forums to discuss games, gaming consoles, systems, gaming audio / headsets / speakers / controllers etc.

I have created a poll - it is multiple choice and should give us a better idea about how to go about this process.

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 84
w00t lanparty!!! (it's an inside joke
wink.gif
)

Where's this poll?

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 84
I would be interesterd but I only play Unreal2xmp and Quake3 railgun instagib, plus I live in Finland so my ping would be something scary.
So I'm not in.
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 84
I'd join a BF2 clan, depending on my ping
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 84
CS:S & BF2.

Dec 29, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #9 of 84
i almost forgot SAVAGE
it is free to play online!
i dont know where to download it but i will be able to send it to people when i get back to school after the 9th

if you dont know what the game is, it is a rtss real time stratagy shooter
one person on each team plays like a rts with a top down view and builds things collects resources and commands and everyone else on the team can be the warriors, seige engines, ect...

EDIT: i forgot to mention that this will run on almost any computer it has very low system requirements
it also is playable on 56k! so with any good connection there is almost zero lag

Dec 29, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 84
That would be really cool, but since I dont have any of those games I put other for games.... All i got is Allied Assault and Warcraft III: The frozen Throne, and I cant even get Allied Assault to work for some reason..... It worked before...
confused.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 84
If I understand correctly - there are many who would like a different set of games.

How about the following list?

COD-2
Quake 3
CS:S
BF 2

Should be a nice contrast going from battles of the past (COD-2), present (BF-2), specialized warfare (CS:S) and finally to futuristic slugfests (Quake)

Server leasing is not cheap so I would appreciate any ideas that you guys may have. Anyone have experience setting up a Clan before?

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 84
all you would have to do is password the server and only tell members the password. then within the clan you could designate ranks (gereral, ect..) depending on the person's skill, and/or contributions to the clan, headfi, ect..

oh and if you decide to use quake 3 then you gotta play the rails mod (all railguns with infinate ammo) 1 hit kills get crazy with 10+ people on a server

Dec 29, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #14 of 84
I voted yes and for Counter Strike : Source. I also want to suggest WarRock which is a fun free online FPS game. As far as server goes for CSS I might be able to talk a friend to host it on his connection. (15down, 5up).

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back