Headphone 3D Imaging
Nov 27, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 7
And don't forget about room treatment if you're really serious.
Yup I already built accoustic panels for the walls, in addition to the cloth sofas rather than leather. That was the first thing I did since it made the most difference and the reverb was terrible due to the room being 40ft long and 12ft wide (the listening area is 12ftx 22ft). I’ve had that setup for two years prior to getting my new speakers, than I just finished building a large diffuser using a special program which than brought it up a notch again. I finished it off with two 10” subs I built with mdf wired it series to 8ohms.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Headphones that give good 3D/holographic soundstage are preferable for me as I can move around and don’t need to sit in the *sweet spot*.

Nov 30, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #7 of 7
Headphones that give good 3D/holographic soundstage are preferable for me as I can move around and don’t need to sit in the *sweet spot*.
This makes sense, in my setup if sitting slightly side by side with my wife it does alter the image but not to the point where it immediately ruins it. There are only two seats in my first theatre row but i can imagine anything more off to the side would completely ruin it. Yes this is a theatre/listening room lol, i cant imagine how people can have both dedicated theatres and listening rooms unless you live in a 6000 square foot mansion. For a listening room you need a larger room, a tiny 9x10 bedroom i wouldn't even bother as i was told...so theatre it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back