Headphone Tube Amps - The hunt for all 300B TUBE AMPS
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #2,746 of 2,843
I come with excellent news guys.

Thomas Mayer finished his new tube production for the Munich High End and next up are the production runs for the 300B Variants, starting with TM-300B !

He accepts direct orders for the TM-300B in April and will only produce as much as ordered, plus a little for potential warranty cases.
Price within EU is 4000,- € for the matched pair including shipping and VAT.
Price international is 3500,- € excl. VAT but including insured shipping. Declared price will be the true value so consider TAX/Customs on top.

Since he made bad experience with waiting lists this time around he only accepts orders with payments up front.

Design has been slightly altered and they are now named Thomas Mayer TM-300B instead of ELROG TM-300B. TM300B.jpg

I asked him him wether it's possible to turn the print 90 degrees for Envy users and will report back with the answer.

After TM-300B will come a ER300B production run followed by ER300B-MO.

Orders can be placed via: info@elrog.com
Jaw-on-floor news! Thanks for letting us know Thanatos :)

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #2,747 of 2,843
Jaw-on-floor news! Thanks for letting us know Thanatos :)
The least I can do.

Unfortunately I got into the Immanis queue few days ago.
With Envy 25th AE and Immanis on the way there is nothing left for TMs of my own :frowning2:

Also added some more info regarding the print and future availability

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #2,748 of 2,843

Thomas Mayer finished his new tube production for the Munich High End and next up are the production runs for the 300B Variants, starting with TM-300B !

He accepts direct orders for the TM-300B in April and will only produce as much as ordered, plus a little for potential warranty cases.
Price international is 3500,- € excl. VAT but including insured shipping. Declared price will be the true value so consider TAX/Customs on top.

Since he made bad experience with waiting lists this time around he only accepts orders with payments up front.

Design has been slightly altered and they are now named Thomas Mayer TM-300B instead of ELROG TM-300B. TM300B.jpg

I asked him him wether it's possible to turn the print 90 degrees for Envy users and will report back with the answer.
Update: It is not possible to turn the print unless ordering a huge amount of tubes, he didn't mention an exact quantity but it apparent that he meant full production runs like the Feliks Audio branded ones.

Sidenote: It might potentially be the last TM-300B run depending on how his new tubes will be received. TMs have always been meant for his own amplifiers and if customers of those prefer the new custom tubes then there might be no need for TM-300B anymore.

So what is the final price in USD with all taxes, shipping and insurance etc. ?

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #2,750 of 2,843
So what is the final price in USD with all taxes, shipping and insurance etc. ?
That depends on your state I guess.
However 3500€ is including shipping so only VAT/Customs and currency exchange fees come on top

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #2,751 of 2,843

Update: It is not possible to turn the print unless ordering a huge amount of tubes, he didn't mention an exact quantity but it apparent that he meant full production runs like the Feliks Audio branded ones.

Sidenote: It might potentially be the last TM-300B run depending on how his new tubes will be received. TMs have always been meant for his own amplifiers and if customers of those prefer the new custom tubes then there might be no need for TM-300B anymore.

If sufficient interest came from the future Envy AE owners and the combined ‘requirement’ was given to Lucasz, would that give any increased leverage? Or are we all on our own?

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #2,752 of 2,843
If sufficient interest came from the future Envy AE owners and the combined ‘requirement’ was given to Lucasz, would that give any increased leverage? Or are we all on our own?
Worth a try for sure but I don't think Feliks Audio would make that investment.

Since in that case, Feliks would have to order all of the minimum required amount and pay them and then slowly sell them to their customers.

Given that the AE owners are limited to 25 and TMs cost half of a regular Envy, I doubt that this is a business decision they'd make.

I can ask Lukasz though. Maybe everyone with serious interest to buy TMs with turned Logo of Feliks Logo can give me a hint so that Lukasz can get a feeling on how many actually are interested

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #2,753 of 2,843
RE Elrog TM. Some quick calculations bring the total cost to the UK around £3700-3900.

Even I have to draw the line here. My Envy cost me 4k. I'm not spending THE SAME AMOUNT on two tubes. And that was a very good deal on the Envy too.

That isn't a criticism of Thomas's pricing or those who are willing to pay it. I'm just saying for me, I cannot justify spending nearly 4k on two tubes. They'll sound amazing. But can't possibly be sufficiently better to be worth 4k – or to put it another way, bring the same level of improvement that a whole new amp brought.

I'd rather take my family on two or three fantastic holidays.

I guess I finally found the level where I say stop :triportsad:

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:43 AM Post #2,754 of 2,843
RE Elrog TM. Some quick calculations bring the total cost to the UK around £3700-3900.

Even I have to draw the line here. My Envy cost me 4k. I'm not spending THE SAME AMOUNT on two tubes. And that was a very good deal on the Envy too.

That isn't a criticism of Thomas's pricing or those who are willing to pay it. I'm just saying for me, I cannot justify spending nearly 4k on two tubes. They'll sound amazing. But can't possibly be sufficiently better to be worth 4k – or to put it another way, bring the same level of improvement that a whole new amp brought.

I'd rather take my family on two or three fantastic holidays.

I guess I finally found the level where I say stop :triportsad:
I just want to add, Thomas himself DOES NOT recommend tubes like the TM-300B in an amplifier like the Envy.

He says that the price ratio between amps and tubes doesn't make sense and the money should be invested in a better amp first.

Some of his own amps like the new Intrepid Series power amplifiers are 6 digit devices... that's what TMs are meant to be used in.

His Heritage Devices also clock in at the 30k area.

So selling them to others is more of an exception.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #2,755 of 2,843
The price is beyond good and evil, couldnt justify buying a tube pair at this price. WE at 1.7k was painful enough but aside of sonical goodness, I saw it as an investment in having ther peace of mind with the 5 year warranty. Buying a 4k pair that can blow after a year: big Hm.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #2,756 of 2,843
I just want to add, Thomas himself DOES NOT recommend tubes like the TM-300B in an amplifier like the Envy.

He says that the price ratio between amps and tubes doesn't make sense and the money should be invested in a better amp first.

Some of his own amps like the new Intrepid Series power amplifiers are 6 digit devices... that's what TMs are meant to be used in.

This does make a lot of sense. But yeah, often times we audiophiles are not that rational when it comes to squeezing that last bit of improvement 😁

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #2,757 of 2,843
This does make a lot of sense. But yeah, often times we audiophiles are not that rational when it comes to squeezing that last bit of improvement 😁
Yeah sometimes we don't want to be rational and rather improve what we have instead if getting something better entirely.

That's usually when cables, fuses and tweaks come into play. Or in this case extraordinary tubes

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #2,758 of 2,843

That’s good to know. So the real question for me becomes how we will maintain Feliks branded 300B’s if and when we have failures in future? Will Lucasz be holding an ongoing supply of those? It also reminds me of when I was talking to Alex about trying a tube amp with Immanis he did suggest I look at one of TM’s designs…….I remember looking at the prices and deciding that the Envy will be plenty good enough for me.

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #2,759 of 2,843
That’s good to know. So the real question for me becomes how we will maintain Feliks branded 300B’s if and when we have failures in future? Will Lucasz be holding an ongoing supply of those? It also reminds me of when I was talking to Alex about trying a tube amp with Immanis he did suggest I look at one of TM’s designs…….I remember looking at the prices and deciding that the Envy will be plenty good enough for me.
Feliks Audio obviously ordered Tubes in a quantity that's enough for All AE Envys and some supply for later warranty cases.

I wouldn't be worried here for years to come.
And of the Feliks branded tubes are gone at some point after warranty, you can still order regular ER300B. They sound the same only the Logo is different and turned 90 degrees

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #2,760 of 2,843
Feliks branded? What does that mean, are you not able to put any 300b tube in an envy? 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back