Headphones for Classical music (budget 150$)
Jan 20, 2013 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

conclass

New Head-Fier
First of all, my budget is 150$  max (recession has been hitting me hard, and i'm about to get married)
I listen mostly to classical music, sometimes jazz and other kind of "instrumental music" .
What you would guys recommend me to buy?  I know my budget doesn't really help me getting something really good... anyways, hopefully someone can help me figuring this out because there are sooooo many options in the market, and i would rather get some feedback from people that know what they're talking about..... Ah one more thing: for the time being, i don't wish to spend any money on an amp, so no amp! 

Thanks in advance!

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 8
The ATH-AD700 a light bass, I never use my AD700 anymore because of the light bass.

There is a new Audio Technica ATH-A700X ($130) headphone, you might want to read reviews of it.
I've never listened to ATH-A700X (But I do own the A900X)

Also the Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphone ($80), is to me to best sounding headphone for under $120.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
The ATH-AD700 a light bass, I never use my AD700 anymore because of the light bass.

There is a new Audio Technica ATH-A700X ($130) headphone, you might want to read reviews of it.
I've never listened to ATH-A700X (But I do own the A900X)

Also the Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphone ($80), is to me to best sounding headphone for under $120

Open air headphones have better soundstage, don't they? and that's makes them ideal for those us who listens to classical music (instrumental music)

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Open air headphones have better sound stage, don't they? and that's makes them ideal for those us who listens to classical music (instrumental music)

The ATH-AD700s are good sounding headphones, except for them having a light bass.
So if your ok with a light bass, get the ATH-AD700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back