Headphones vs loudspeakers
Sep 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
i have for years listened to most of my music through a high end system based upon B&W 802's and a Macintosh amp and SACD player and absolutely loved it.My headphone listening consisted of my Shure 846 through various sources mainly Astell Kern gear when on the run or on an airplane etc..recently I got into high end over the ear headphones and a Chord Hugo and now i am adding a Schiit amp/dac desktop combo...I do find it more convenient to listen through my HD800 or my LCD-3F's but one thing i am finding is that my headphone listening is much more selective because well recorded music on headphones is sublime,you hear all kinds of detail and it is an incredible experience whereas poorly recorded music is almost unlistenable .The headphones seem to expose bad recordings and i find myself literally turning off poorly recorded music even though i love the music itself to listen to other better recorded music...My listening through my loudspeakers while still differentiating the well recorded from the poorly recorded is more forgiving.I assume it is that the headphones are a more self contained experience where you experience the good and the bad in a more intense fashion.As i listen to more and more music on my headphones i do wonder what others experiences have been and what people think of the subject?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back