HeadRoom Hosts Headphone Panel at T.H.E. SHOW Newport Beach CA June 2-3
Jun 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #31 of 36
Boys and  girls,

Please be patient while I figure this video stuff out. I have NEVER done this before so this is all new to me. As soon as I have the video done, I'll let you guys and gals know.

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #32 of 36
LFF,

I have to agree with your assessment...as I got the same impression from the show.

Haven't heard STAX in a long time, they were amazing.

The Schiit stuff impressed me, as did the HE400. Scaling up in the Hifiman line didn't seem worth while after the HE400.

I enjoyed the Headroom setup though, maybe I caught them at a quiet moment in the hall.

And I was definitely not impressed with the overall music selection. Seems like many people try to impress you with their obscure music choices. It's obscure for a reason people.

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:
LFF,

I have to agree with your assessment...as I got the same impression from the show.

Haven't heard STAX in a long time, they were amazing.

The Schiit stuff impressed me, as did the HE400. Scaling up in the Hifiman line didn't seem worth while after the HE400.

I enjoyed the Headroom setup though, maybe I caught them at a quiet moment in the hall.

And I was definitely not impressed with the overall music selection. Seems like many people try to impress you with their obscure music choices. It's obscure for a reason people.

Shhhhhhh! (on the HE400)

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #34 of 36
Here is the video from the headphone panel on Saturday.  Enjoy. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:
Wonder if Audez'e bring their studio monitors there. I'm pretty interested in them. Hopefully there'll be some more impressions from this show as the monitors didn't see to get much coverage in the previous shows like RMAF 2011 due to the LCD-3s

Hi There Dercius,

I spoke w/ Alexander Rosson at THE SHOW and Audeze has elected to focus most of their corporate energies in 2012 on their headphone development. So the speakers have been temporarily put on the back-burner for a spell while they perfect their hp availability/manufacturing processes. Once they get that 100% dialed-in, my understanding is they'll dive back into the speaker world.

Give the massive success of their LCD-2 and LCD-3, it's probably a good call!
smile.gif

Cheers,

jorge
HeadRoom VP
jorge@headphone.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back