HEDDPhone Amp recommendations
Jan 1, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 21
Probably any modern solid state amps with more than 2X3W at 32 ohms can push the HEDDphone one at his best.
I use a Monolith THX887 with a ifi Ipower Elite 24V/3A and a FIIOM17 THX788 with a ifi iPower Elite 12V/4A .. both can provide enough juice for amazing fast, clear low and ultra low impacts without clipping at all.. real kicks in the throat.

Jan 1, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 21
I don't know It's not clear if it's a 2x3W or 2x1.5W ...

Such review makes me think, it won't push the heddphone to the highest level as it is compared with the little topping A90 => "Bass, however, is more emphasized on the Playmate 2, offering more impact and macro-dynamics, yet doesn’t match the A90 for speed and precision."
https://www.headfonia.com/burson-playmate-2-review/3/

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 21
I used a bananas-to-4-pin XLR adapter and ran the HEDDphone directly from the speaker outputs of integrated (Dussun T6, Sophia Electric Baby) and power (Jeff Rowland Model 2) amps. Best match was the Rowland. Haven't used a dedicated headphone amplifier in years for hard to drive cans.

Am currently using the Wadia 151PowerDAC mini integrated to drive the Ananda (digital volume at 30 out of 72), Clear MG (27) and Elear (these should arrive next week).

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #8 of 21
I had great luck with the SPL Phonitor XE. Highly recommend it. If you look, there were some reviews which used this pairing for evaluation too.

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #9 of 21
thanks for the feedback - makes sense i could go with the more powerful Burson Conductor 3XP.

Any other recommendations... ideally looking for amp & dac in one unit for now.
Works at least great with my Conductor 3R, lots of power and control and also just a hint of added warmth and bass which suits the HEDDphone very well.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 21
Thanks for the feedback guys I read somewhere that I sounded pretty good on a Feliks Euforia Tube… anyone try that… I was looking at the Kinki THR-1 anyone try that. A Burson & Phonitor both great options.

Jun 17, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #13 of 21
Any view on the Cayin HA-6A and the HEDD?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #14 of 21
I’m using the Woo WA5 LE with great success on the HEDDPhone.
I recommend this amp as I am using both right now using cheap eq for some more bass and it sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back