help finding new headphones
Dec 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bruce671

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, a few days ago i was at costco and they had the bose ae2 on display. I tried them on and they sounded a lot better than my 10$ earbuds, but im guessing anything sounds better than them. They were also extremely comfortable (i found that style of headphone to be uncomfortable and typically avoided them). The only problem i had with them was that they are 130$ and don't offer a lot of bass. They seem to be over priced for what they offer. Are there any headphones that are similar in comfort but cost less or cost the same but offer more bass. I have a bunch of futureshop giftcards so if the headphones are sold at bestbuy/futureshop that would be great. Thanks for any comments.

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 2
if you want bassy headphones from best buy pioneer's hdj 500 and 1500 are really amazing but they are dj headphones so they are loud but theres a lot of bass and if u want a balanced sound look at the audio technica ath-m50's literally the best most neutral set of headphones i own under 200 there 110 on amazon and have real bass thats not hyped and bose is for home theatre their headphones have equalizers built in so the upper mids where the vocals are, are super hyped so they sound good but not really and so half your songs will sound like **** on them and other songs will sound really good probably all of your vocal songs will sound good. v-moda's crossfades also at costco are a nice buy for 70-80 dollars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back