Help me deal with Linsoul
Jan 17, 2020 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

nishan99

500+ Head-Fier
Disclaimer: I am not here to start any drama against Linsoul despite how awful their customer service. I am here genuinely seeking advice for how to deal in this situation

Hi

I will try to be as brief as possible, so in summary I ordered a matte black IEMs during the last 11/11 sales and after +41 days they delivered to me a shiny golden color of the same IEMs and I contacted them saying I don't like and I can't wear shiny golden things in public and I refuse to accept them so we agreed to return them and they will ship the correct ones and refund me 50% of my payment as compensation for this huge delay, inconvenience and the return shipping I paid.

They said on 24/12/2019 (about 24 days from now) the new IEMs are in production, they are built to order IEMs that take usually a week to ship.
The returned IEMs are delivered to them so I kept sending messages to them for the past +2 weeks and no one is replying. I went to Stephan on their website in the live chat asking him what's going on and he was responsive until he knew "oh it's that guy" and then he ignores me like his team!!.

If I am not familiar with Linsoul and knowing how big they are I would assume is those Chinese re-sellers are scamming me!. Ignoring my messages for +2 weeks and ignoring me on online chat as soon as they recognize me! it's really feels like it!.

The Chinese new year vacation is starting next week and I am not getting ANY response about the IEMs that were on production since Christmas eve!.

I will not even be satisfied if I got my payment back, I lost ~$80 shipping the thing back to them and this huge delay and inconvenience for nothing? what can I do in this situation?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 65
Disclaimer: I am not here to start any drama against Linsoul despite how awful their customer service. I am here genuinely seeking advice for how to deal in this situation

Hi

I will try to be as brief as possible, so in summary I ordered a matte black IEMs during the last 11/11 sales and after +41 days they delivered to me a shiny golden color of the same IEMs and I contacted them saying I don't like and I can't wear shiny golden things in public and I refuse to accept them so we agreed to return them and they will ship the correct ones and refund me 50% of my payment as compensation for this huge delay, inconvenience and the return shipping I paid.

They said on 24/12/2019 (about 24 days from now) the new IEMs are in production, they are built to order IEMs that take usually a week to ship.
The returned IEMs are delivered to them so I kept sending messages to them for the past +2 weeks and no one is replying. I went to Stephan on their website in the live chat asking him what's going on and he was responsive until he knew "oh it's that guy" and then he ignores me like his team!!.

If I am not familiar with Linsoul and knowing how big they are I would assume is those Chinese re-sellers are scamming me!. Ignoring my messages for +2 weeks and ignoring me on online chat as soon as they recognize me! it's really feels like it!.

The Chinese new year vacation is starting next week and I am not getting ANY response about the IEMs that were on production since Christmas eve!.

I will not even be satisfied if I got my payment back, I lost ~$80 shipping the thing back to them and this huge delay and inconvenience for nothing? what can I do in this situation?

It's sad that Linsoul fish for good reviews by pandering to their reviewers, but then they treat you as a customer so poorly. After reading your post I won't buy from them again.

Jan 18, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 65
In general, if you think you are getting crappy service from a relatively well known foreign seller...tell them that you are dissatisfied (which you did), tell them you are an active member of Head Fi, and that you have (if they are unresponsive) have no other choice than to post a bad review (either on their store site) or on here.
These stores will do just about anything to avoid a bad review. Be cordial, but matter of fact. If they are at fault, they will almost always try to remedy it.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 65
In general, if you think you are getting crappy service from a relatively well known foreign seller...tell them that you are dissatisfied (which you did), tell them you are an active member of Head Fi, and that you have (if they are unresponsive) have no other choice than to post a bad review (either on their store site) or on here.
These stores will do just about anything to avoid a bad review. Be cordial, but matter of fact. If they are at fault, they will almost always try to remedy it.

I already told them how crappy they are by sending the wrong IEM after 41 days of waiting. And I kept telling them I am NOT happy at all about their poor customer service and the very slow shipping time.

They even refused to ship the correct IEMs via any express shipping service LOL, just the normal shipping company that will take ~30 days to ship a single box of an IEM.

I don't like "blackmailing" sellers to get a good service, but maybe I will with those shi* *y sellers who only care about getting your money then giving you a huge middle finger.

I even won a ~$140ish IEMs during the 11/11 event and whenever I asked them about it they said "it will take time" lol.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 65
This does all sound quite bad, I have to say

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 65
This does all sound quite bad, I have to say

The delay is expected as for anything Chi-fi but the intentional ignoring for + 2 weeks both with emails and live chat as soon as the dude recognize me is very bad and nervous to me.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 65
Any recourse via paypal or credit card company?

I paid with PP but at this point I don't want a refund because I already lost $80 for return shipping and this huge delay.

I just don't know how to communicate with them so they can respond to me and ship what I ordered +2 months ago!!.

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #9 of 65
I paid with PP but at this point I don't want a refund because I already lost $80 for return shipping and this huge delay.

I just don't know how to communicate with them so they can respond to me and ship what I ordered +2 months ago!!.

It's gonna be Chinese new year so they will ignore you for longer. You wonder where the ethics of some of these companies are at? They fight for your business then leave you in the lurch.

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #10 of 65
This is unfortunate and because of the holidays the best advice is really to wait it out, even though it sucks.

I personally have never ordered from Linsoul because Penon Audio has taken good care of me in the past and I stick with buying from them. Their website is not nearly as sexy, but they have almost all the same inventory as Linsoul and they are responsive and provide good customer service when needed. Also, their express (DHL) shipping is only $10 (for cheaper items, its free for over a certain price) and always gets to me quickly in the US.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 65
This is unfortunate and because of the holidays the best advice is really to wait it out, even though it sucks.

I personally have never ordered from Linsoul because Penon Audio has taken good care of me in the past and I stick with buying from them. Their website is not nearly as sexy, but they have almost all the same inventory as Linsoul and they are responsive and provide good customer service when needed. Also, their express (DHL) shipping is only $10 (for cheaper items, its free for over a certain price) and always gets to me quickly in the US.
I agree penon always been very good with me

Jan 18, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #12 of 65
It's sad that Linsoul fish for good reviews by pandering to their reviewers, but then they treat you as a customer so poorly. After reading your post I won't buy from them again.
Fair to say I won't either.

Just not worth the stress or hassle if something goes wrong. Thanks for letting us all know.

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #13 of 65
Just not worth the stress or hassle if something goes wrong.

This ^^
It's DEFINITELY NOT worth it at all.
Lesson learn, your rest and sanity is way more valuable than any online discounts from shiity sellers.

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 65
That's why i rather shell more for the same @ amazon, than go trough all that mess.
As for Linsoul, I dealt with them only through Amazon so far, and it's been great (had to return Shuoer Tape 2 times). Free returns and shipping due to Amazon's rules. And if ANYTHING at all goes wrong, you can easily get your money back.
Dealing with them directly if problems arise, seems like a pain in the A** though (according to a few IEM reviews on their own site, that i read)...
Anyway good luck.

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #15 of 65
That's why i rather shell more for the same @ amazon, than go trough all that mess.
As for Linsoul, I dealt with them only through Amazon so far, and it's been great (had to return Shuoer Tape 2 times). Free returns and shipping due to Amazon's rules. And if ANYTHING at all goes wrong, you can easily get your money back.
Dealing with them directly if problems arise, seems like a pain in the A** though (according to a few IEM reviews on their own site, that i read)...
Anyway good luck.

Yeah lesson learned, never deal with crappy sellers directly or just avoid them for your peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back